Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha LeBron in the purple and gold. Would never happen.

He prefers it in the East where he can cruse along and boast about being in 7 Finals series in a row. Coming to the Lakers would stuff that up. Besides, we need a star on the way up to grow with a developing team, not one on the way down. Wouldn't want LeBron at the Lakers.

IMO we'll get PG through trade. Don't reckon we'll have to give up much at all either (i.e. we'll keep DLO/Ingram/pick 2). Pacers will want to get something back for him.

IMO we'll get PG through trade. Don't reckon we'll have to give up much at all either (i.e. we'll keep DLO/Ingram/pick 2). Pacers will want to get something back for him.
The only reason to make me think we will trade is the fact we don't have a pick next year. Otherwise I'm happy to wait until next year. I can see him going to Cleveland for a year then coming home

The only reason to make me think we will trade is the fact we don't have a pick next year. Otherwise I'm happy to wait until next year. I can see him going to Cleveland for a year then coming home

I like this idea. Paul George at Cleveland would make things a little more interesting next year. Not sure how Cleveland fit him in the cap though though

Now that PG has told the Pacers his intentions I think every passing day will make Indy keener to move him on now.

If I'm the Lakers I tell Indy you can have our second round pick NOW, or lose PG for nothing next year - take it or leave it. Unless Cleveland or the Spurs can pull something out of their ass I don't think any other team will have a run at a one-year PG.

Indy really gain nothing by waiting this out. You have a guy in the locker room that has openly said he doesn't want to be there... that's not healthy. How are the fans supposed to act?

Of course, we have to offload one of Deng/Mozgov

No, they have been saying Celtics have the 1 pick again in 2018. I've heard at least 3 people say the same thing.
It's a lottery system based on ladder positions, so theres no way of knowing who has what picks especially with all the protected picks etc to consider

It's a lottery system based on ladder positions, so theres no way of knowing who has what picks especially with all the protected picks etc to consider

I know that, I was just repeating what they were saying at the time on ESPN. I had this foolish idea that they may know what they are talking about :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else get a horrible feeling that if the Cavs get George, he'll stay there because he wants to win?

We bumped out Phoenix (fourth overall pick) of a top three spot. They ended up losing more games than us and ultimately took the better odds of securing a top three pick. Our little winning streak meant we effectively swapped odds of a top three pick with them. Essentially, every win this year was crucial to us securing the number two pick, due to the wacky combination the lottery produced. Now that could also be the start of the season (we were 10-10 at one point) or the late-year run of 5-1, but either way not-tanking was justified... fortuitously.

Hope that makes sense o_O
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/4...-draft-lottery-2017-odds-winning-streak-karma

Well then
Yep.
Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say - Woj

I love Russell but don't mind this move. Clearing the massive Mozgov contract is a huge win - opens the door for George next year (and possibly LeBron).

Lopez is a good player. I wonder what our play is with the pick - we've got three first rounders now, we could bundle something up for a player (George?) or potentially move up the order for someone we like.

I like Lopez, and apparently it says in the latest Woj article that we're getting Caris LeVert too, who I rate

But I really hope DLo doesn't turn into a star, which I feel he will

Remove this Banner Ad

Back