Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy half for the Lakers in the Summer League semi-final. They're up 22 (shooting 10/13 from 3) at HT against Dallas. Ball already has a double-double too
Win 108-98 and will play Portland in the Summer League final tomorrow. Ball went off injured in the third (calf) and Dallas rallied back with him off the court.

Ball will be a stud, as will Kuzma. IMO Kuz could be better than both Randle and LNJ, seems to work really well with Lonzo

I thought the reason Kuz was doing great was much because of Lonzo finding good looks for him. But no, he's shown tonight he can do it solo. Crazy thing is that he's not just a great 3 point shot, but also has good defense, vision and handling for a PF. I know it's summer league, but this kid has a big future IMO

We're reportedly chasing Rose as backup point.

I'd be absolutely fine with this, as long as they trade JC at some point. Can't really have two score-first guards off the bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're reportedly chasing Rose as backup point.

I'd be absolutely fine with this, as long as they trade JC at some point. Can't really have two score-first guards off the bench
It'd be funnier if he ends up at the Clippers. At least then between he and Griffin they have two working knees.

Ball better improve his defence. woeful. great offensive passing instincts. jury out on Ball
KCP will take the best offensive guard whilst Ball learns his craft. Although his defense is not great, he does read the opposition passes well and gets steals.

We're being investigated in relation to tampering accusations

NEW YORK -- The NBA says it has opened an investigation whether the Los Angeles Lakers tampered with All-Star forward Paul George while he was under contract with the Indiana Pacers.

The Pacers asked the league to open the probe.

"The Lakers have been cooperative and, at this point, no findings have been made," NBA spokesman Mike Bass said Sunday in a statement. "We have asked both teams to refrain from commenting while the investigation is ongoing."

There is no known timetable for the completion of the investigation being conducted by the New York law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.

George is a four-time All-Star and Los Angeles native who was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder earlier this offseason. The Pacers traded him after George told them he planned to leave Indiana as a free agent next summer.

There has been speculation for some time that George has wanted to join the Lakers. Under NBA rules, teams are not permitted to attempt to sway any player who is under contract with another team.

If the Lakers are found to have tampered, the NBA could issue any combination of fines, forfeiture of draft picks or suspensions of those who were deemed to be involved. Tampering, the league has said, can be either direct or indirect - and an interview that Lakers President Magic Johnson did earlier this year on ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" did little to quell speculation about George's potential future in Los Angeles.

In that interview, Kimmel asked Johnson what constitutes tampering, and if he would be allowed to speak to George if they happened to cross paths.

"We're going to say hi because we know each other," Johnson said. "You just can't say, 'Hey, I want you come to the Lakers,' even though I'm going to be wink-winking. You know what that means, right?"

George will be a free agent in 2018.

He's coming off a season in which he averaged a career-best 23.7 points per game, and is joining a Thunder team that already has reigning NBA MVP Russell Westbrook.

"I've been wowed ever since we landed," George said last month after arriving in Oklahoma City. "I got a real welcoming, and this feels like home."

FWIW this smacks of Indy being cry babys.

Indy's just salty that they only got oladipo and sabonis for a top 15 player.
Indiana have always wanted Oladipo to come home & from all reports are stoked to have him on board.
He'll be a hell of a lot better now that Russ isn't taking all of his touches. He's in for a big year.

Indiana have always wanted Oladipo to come home & from all reports are stoked to have him on board.
He'll be a hell of a lot better now that Russ isn't taking all of his touches. He's in for a big year.
Fair point, but overall I think they still got unders for the calibre of player PG is.

I'm not so sure about that. The Cavs seem to be building a list that can offer LeBron more than the Lakers right now. Today's trade was a very good one for them.
IT could walk out at the end of the season and if he does I wouldn't expect LeBron to stay just for k love and a top 5 pick.

LeBron is still gone. This deal was about the pick, not IT.

Only chance LeBron stays is if they go back into luxury tax territory and add someone like PG.

But that is what LeBron will do at the Lakers anyway. So all he is doing is walking out on Love which he will not give two shits about.

LA has been fined $500,000 for violating anti-tampering rules. General Manager Rob Pelinka had prohibited contact with Paul George's agent

Well, there you go. Who would have thought the NBA had rules when it came to tampering with contracted players. So, if what people keep telling me about LeBron being a certainty in coming to the Lakers next season, can we expect fines for that as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back