Meet Up The Official 2021 Meet Up Thread: Round 7 vs Sydney

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
EF vs Melbourne. Way too many people taking a game of football way too seriously and being dicks.

I had more fun watching GWS v Hawthorn in the snow last year.
When your teams lost the game in the first 20 minutes you probably aren't going to enjoy it very much

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
When your teams lost the game in the first 20 minutes you probably aren't going to enjoy it very much

That wasn't my perception of the game at all... and the atmosphere was something I was feeling before the bounce anyway. Because it's the atmosphere.

I could draw on going to the 09 Grand Final if you prefer? Glad I was there on the day, but still not a nice atmosphere.

Any one thinking of meeting up in the town of Colac prior to and after the game?
I have heard that Colac nightlife really jumps.
No idea - still working out if I'm going

I'm heading to the cricket on Sunday night so might depend on how buggered I am

Hi all, hoping to revive this thread for the Grand Final, in case anybody is privvy to any pre game drinking locations, perhaps The Pineapple? Flying solo, so keen for a catch up! Also keen to purchase seats nearby others for anyone with Priority 1 access. Let me take this opportunity to also say how much I feel for all of you unable to come to the game. True fans whom I know are crazy about the club. It must be horrible. I promise i'll do my best to lose my voice again on your hehalf!

Hmm idk. Looks a tad too crowded with tables and chairs imo.

/lol crazy coming from me i know- complaining about too many chair haha
That was an artist impression from the start of the first lockdown - not sure what it looks like now, guessing less chairs with the current restrictions

And it's now no longer Lord of the Isles...new name is St. Lords

Name change was actually back in June, but I hadn't been near there in ages and even though I was following them on Facebook, they stopped appearing in my feed

St Lords. wtf

I saw the new name last week when I drove past - just sounds arrogant

1606867710381.png

Maybe they legally had to change the name, due to the new owner?

I have no idea...
They've kept the same social media account names though - just weird

Back