YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I doubt there is many Bucks fans out there, but still. Doesn't hurt to have a thread, does it?

Anyway, currently the 2013-2014 starting line-up will probably look like this (assuming everything goes to plan):

Jeff Teague
O.J. Mayo
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson
Larry Sanders

It'll be interesting to see if Milwaukee start Giannis or have Ilyasova at SF. Or Maybe have Delfino at SF and Ersan at PF.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
You will be very frustrated with OJ Mayo.

He'll get hot and do everything right for weeks, then you won't see him for a month.

His passing out of thepick and roll is excellent.

He tends to be a ball stopper.

His finishing on the break is elite.

He has a a weak mid-range game.

He was at his best when he was the focus of the offense. When Dirk returned, he had trouble adjusting to a secondary role.

Looking at the Bucks team, he will be the primary option so he could push up towards 20ppg.

YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Well Bucks didn't get Teague, but Nate Robinson is still a FA and he'd probably be cheaper too.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Well, Giannis is now a starter, and went head to head against Carmelo in a double-OT loss to the Knicks.

The Youth Movement is on, and they'll go hard to win every game ... but its mostly about developing the kids.

The Greek Freak has an upside thats insane, Henson is doing better than OK, Knight can score points ... add a player from next years draft, find a rim-protecting center and it could be something.

freshazimiz

All Australian
Mar 2, 2012
Wakanda
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Bucks
Well we got a rim protector in Sanders once he comes back. Really excited with these young core of players, think our drafting has been good but rather team management has been horrible. Wished we still had Tobias :(

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Well we got a rim protector in Sanders once he comes back. Really excited with these young core of players, think our drafting has been good but rather team management has been horrible. Wished we still had Tobias :(
Henson looks a pretty rim protector as well, need one of them to get a polished offensive game to go anywhere

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Just on the Youth Movement, this tells why.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2014.html

Sort by win shares per 48 minutes.

NBA-average is a win share of 0.1

The four guys with win shares of 0.75 or better are Radajulica, Henson, Atentokounmpo and Middleton ... rookie, second year, rookie, second year.

PER tells the same story, but with a slightly different order.

The reason to play the kids is not actually about the draft next year. It's about seeing if HAM can turn into not NBA-quality players, but quality NBA players.

Knight Im not sold on - his assist:turnover ratio is awful for a point guard, and if we counted hockey assists - the assist that leads to the assist - Im not sure it gets better. But Wolters might be the point guard.

So keep getting games into the kids, and we'll see what happens next year.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Just on the Youth Movement, this tells why.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/2014.html

Sort by win shares per 48 minutes.

NBA-average is a win share of 0.1

The four guys with win shares of 0.75 or better are Radajulica, Henson, Atentokounmpo and Middleton ... rookie, second year, rookie, second year.

PER tells the same story, but with a slightly different order.

The reason to play the kids is not actually about the draft next year. It's about seeing if HAM can turn into not NBA-quality players, but quality NBA players.

Knight Im not sold on - his assist:turnover ratio is awful for a point guard, and if we counted hockey assists - the assist that leads to the assist - Im not sure it gets better. But Wolters might be the point guard.

So keep getting games into the kids, and we'll see what happens next year.

Yeah I've watched alot of Knight and while I'm a big fan, he's only a starting point guard in the right team. He can score, is a great defender and an extremely hard worker. Unfortunately he turns the ball over a lot, and doesn't have great court vision. He'd be perfect in a team like Miami or Houston where he can play next to a ball handler like Harden/Lebron.

Otherwise I think he could be a good 6th man like Jason Terry in his prime

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Yeah I've watched alot of Knight and while I'm a big fan, he's only a starting point guard in the right team. He can score, is a great defender and an extremely hard worker. Unfortunately he turns the ball over a lot, and doesn't have great court vision. He'd be perfect in a team like Miami or Houston where he can play next to a ball handler like Harden/Lebron.

Otherwise I think he could be a good 6th man like Jason Terry in his prime

I wouldnt agree on "great" defender - he's played about 5000 minutes, so we know who he is, and over those three seasons he's been a consistent 110 points per 100 opposition possessions player.

While not a defensive liability, that doesnt say great defender to me.

Agreed that he's a good role player, by the way.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Point guard is a hard position to be a difference maker defensively. And he has spent alot of time playing with bad defenders. Watching him you realize he is a good defender. Quick and strong

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Good win against the 76ers with Henson out.

Everyone contributed - 27 points from Middleton, double-double from Butler, 21 points and 6 assists from Knight, 5 blocks and 7 rebounds from Udoh, 14 points from Raduljika and 12 points and 7 rebounds from Atentokoumpo.

IanW

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
#Exers
Good loss against Charlotte in overtime, with Middleton's last-second OT corner three going in, but his toes on the line made it a 2.

Importantly, Knight had 14 assists and 2 turnovers to go with his 26 points. The team rebounded well, splitting 12 offensive rebounds between 6 different players.

Raduljika had 8 points and 4 rebounds in only 19 minutes.

Giannis played 35 minutes, for 12 points, 6 boards and two assists, including a five-minute stretch where he took over the third quarter.

YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Time to bring this thread back from the dead.

Happy with the picks in today's draft. Thon Maker has a lot of upside. I'm assuming Greg Monroe will be released or something, but I could be wrong. I don't see Mayo staying with Milwaukee.

If not, possible starting line-up might be:

PG: Antetokounmpo
SG: Middleton
SF: Parker
PF: Monroe
C: Henson

2nd team:

PG: Carter-Williams
SG: Bayless
SF: Vaughn
PF: Novak (If he's healthy)
C: Plumlee

The rest (need to get rid of 2):

Mayo (My guess)
Vasquez (My guess)
Inglis
Ennis
O'Bryant
Maker
Brogdon

freshazimiz

All Australian
Mar 2, 2012
Wakanda
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Bucks
Wow Bucks thread. Awesome!!

Happy that Thon was picked for the Bucks, just knew we'd swing crazy trying to find a hidden gem.
Bad side is he does not look ready for a good 2 years.

Plus side is we snatched a bargain in Brogdan imo.

Overall content considering how even the talents are.

YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
THERE'S A BUCKS THREAD HERE?????!!!!!!

Brogdon
Mids
Jabari
Giannis
eh Henson I guess, can't see Maker being anywhere near it for a while. Needs Delly, Dudley and a C.
I really don't see Brogdon being the starting PG unless injuries occur. He will be good for us though.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I really don't see Brogdon being the starting PG unless injuries occur. He will be good for us though.
I don't know much about him but seems like he's a chance to fill the three and D role guarding the little guards. Beats having MCW bumbling around.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Teletovic 3 for 30
Lose Bayless to Philly for 3 for 27

PG/SG depth now
- MCW
- Ennis
- Vaughn
- Middleton

Don't know why we didn't match Bayless deal. Someone who can shoot - which we need and plays in a position of need too.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Delly 4 years 38 million

The DELLY/TELLY double signing

Back