The official motorbike thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Klyntonius do you have any opinion on royal enfield motorcycles?
I do - they're ok for the money and the riding position is fine as well for an all-rounder depending on the model. The quality isn't the best around but you're not paying for that either.

I've got 12 bikes from 50cc (Yamaha Zuma) to 1300cc (BMW K1300S) and I reckon something like the CB500X would be perfect for a learner that doesn't necessarily want to trade up once you have your full licence. TBH for someone who's never ridden before i'd be recommending for a 250/300 but if you at least have some riding experience, even offroad, 500 - 650cc is ok.

Bell helmets are fine but getting a helmet that fits correctly is the goal. Helmets come in different shapes and sizes and it's often a brand thing as to who they fit. You really need to try a few on to see what fits your scone. A cheapish helmet that fits is better than an expensive one that doesn't.

PS. The reason I have 12 is because I rebuild them as a hobby.

PPS. I rebuilt a Yamaha YZF-R15 (150cc) and it could easily carry my lard arse past the tonne so don't discount the smaller engine sizes. The best part about it was that you could wring its neck and not get into too much trouble.

PPPS. One last thing - cruisers are REALLY easy to ride and don't tempt you to lose your licence.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back