Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Well well, its re-match time.

Remember this?

2 coaches at the top of their game going head to head. Spo's dismantling of Indiana was glorious, likewise Pop's series shifting switch to starting Bonner instead of Tiago to get over OKC.

We all know the key guys for each team, so lets instead focus on some of the others.

Splitter for me is a key guy. It remains to be seen how Miami approach the Spurs, whether they start Bosh and Haslem, Birdman hasn't played a heck of a lot of minutes lately, or whether its Battier or $hard at the 4. Tiago isn't as bad a match up on Bosh but if Miami go small we could be seeing a little more of Spurs small ball with Tiago and Duncan splitting the 5. But, and a big but it is, Matt Bonners defense is shall we say, not the best part of his game, leaving the pick and roll open to exploitation. You can't switch Bonner onto James or Wade, which means help sagging off Miami's dangerous 3 point shooters. Diaw will play a lot of minutes, but they'll need Tiago to shoulder the load and help out Timmy.

Ok, he's not really an other, but Manu had a horror show in last years Finals. So far this post season has been vintage Manu, and the Spurs will relying on him heavily. It remains to be seen what they can get out of Marco and Patty, the Heat are better matchups to enable them to play Marco a bit more.

Diaw is another key. If the Spurs do end up playing smaller its more likely they go to Boris than Bonner imo. His game 6 against OKC was just sublime. He has the post game to worry Shard and if he's open he can be a streaky 3 shooter.

Do i really have to talk Miami? Obviously I dont want them to win ;)

Again, we all know what Wade and James bring, and Bosh as well. Bosh is an absolute key for Miami, his play in the Indiana series was great apart from one or two poor shooting games.

The big question mark is how well the Heat can contain Duncan down low. They'll be relying on Birdman, maybe a bit of UD, I doubt they dust off Oden, although stranger things have happened. The other factor is the bench. Cole should see a fair few minutes to help Wario on Parker and do we really need to talk about Ray?

A fascinating series on the cards fellas. Heres to another 7 games (and a Spurs win lol)

When does G1 start?

Per NBA.com

NBA Playoffs 2014 -- The Finals Schedule

Posted Jun 1, 2014 12:41 AM

Here is the complete schedule and national television arrangements for the NBA Finals.

Miami vs. San Antonio

Game 1 - Thu, June 5, Miami at San Antonio, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 2 - Sun, June 8, Miami at San Antonio, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 3 - Tue, June 10, San Antonio at Miami, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 4 - Thu, June 12, San Antonio at Miami, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 5 * Sun, June 15, Miami at San Antonio, 8 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 6 * Tue, June 17, San Antonio at Miami, 9 p.m. ET, ABC
Game 7 * Fri, June 20, Miami at San Antonio, 9 p.m. ET, ABC

*If necessary

ALL TIMES EASTERN

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

So thats 1pm and 12pm here in NZ, so 11am and 10am EST in Aus.

Game 1 Friday June 6 our time

Heat to win in 7. LeBron wants this badly... so so badly.

Not going to lie, I'll be rooting for the Heat 3-peat, want LBJ to get those chips and also it's an Eastern Conference thing :p.

That being said though once again I can't really be mad if the Spurs do end up winning.

Redemption series for Manu, he can't possibly stink it up again like that after the year he has had.

Will be interesting to see which Heat role player steps up this time around. Maybe it's $hard's turn if his recent form continues.

Parker and Wade the big question marks going in. How banged up is Parker and can Wade make it through at full power (well Wade of today full power anyway).

Spurs to hopefully win this. Duncan Finals MVP with Diaw being a smokey for it :cool:- he and Manu will be our x-factor.

Rooting for the Spurs due to the Aussie factor in Mills and Baynes.

For a Spurs sendoff for guys like Duncan, Manu and Pop it seems like the ideal platform :D
Hoping for a great contest. Remember the Parker off balance shot to win game 1 of the previous encounter. Some great memories of last playoffs. Can they be replicated. Also can't wait!

IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT'SSSSSS TTTTTIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE,

Cant wait for the Spurs knock off Miami, Lebron to head back to the Cavs and then we will never hear from him again......;)

Go Spurs!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both teams have injury concerns but the depth of the Spurs bench should get them over the line

spurs bench is better, but it wont matter when lebron goes all Mountain vs Oberyn on the starting 5
hqdefault.jpg

my eyes :eek:

I'm excited.

In one corner we have a team attempting a three-peat from their fourth consecutive Finals appearance (first time that's happened since Boston '84-'87).

In the other we have a team coming off four titles from five Finals appearances in the last 17 years, in all of which they've won 50+ games.

And it also just so happens to be a re-match of one of the best Finals series in recent memory.

We may not see such feats duplicated for quite some time. It sorta feels like watching the Bulls and the Jazz in 1998 - it feels historical.

That all said, Go Spurs Go.

Love the poll too stewie griffen :D

spurs bench is better, but it wont matter when lebron goes all Mountain vs Oberyn on the starting 5

Yeah, at the end of the day I think that will be the difference.

I am really hoping the Spurs win, and with home court of advantage, I think that we are slight favourites - but I am far from confident (particularly if Tony is injured for the 2nd year in a row).

Our offensive structure went to s**t in last years Finals (as did the Heats) and in the end, the series will probably be decided mostly in crunchtime situations. With Wade somehow back to his old (young) self in the playoffs, the Heat shoul have enough star power.

But - I am also hoping that Timmy leads the way with his "we will win 4 more" comments after the conference finals, and just carries the Spurs for at least 4 games of this series.

In San Antonio for Game 5 to see Manu hit the game winning three to win the championship.

Go Spurs go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back