• Joey Crawford

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Dick Bavetta's bank account

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say was so good to see all the international flags of the players at the end... Nice to show how far the International players have come along

Manu Ginobili, an Argentine, is the team’s one-man version of the United Nations, capable of conversing in Spanish with his Brazilian teammate Tiago Splitter and in Italian with Marco Belinelli, who was born outside Bologna. (Ginobili speaks in English with everybody else.)

Boris Diaw, who is from France, converses en français with Tony Parker, who was born in Belgium but grew up in France. Both players also know some Italian, enough to eavesdrop on conversations between Ginobili and Belinelli.

Even the two team’s two Australians, Patty Mills and Aron Baynes, have their own dialect.

waycyst

hope youre having a good time. do they love you long time over there?

enjoy the win mate. teams are coming to hunt you guys down next year, including mine.

You have no idea champ, knocked off a couple of firsts over here.
Being tall and white in Cambodia, is like driving a Ferrari in Melbourne.

As for the Lakers, maybe they can make Wade an offer. I'd love to see a backcourt of Wade and Kobe.

You have no idea champ, knocked off a couple of firsts over here.
Being tall and white in Cambodia, is like driving a Ferrari in Melbourne.

As for the Lakers, maybe they can make Wade an offer. I'd love to see a backcourt of Wade and Kobe.

wade couldnt handle sharing the backcourt of a warrior like kobe

Wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 opt out and re sign on new deals giving the heat more flexibility, especially wade with a 3-4 year 7-9 million a year

If they do opt in or if just Wade does, then we are going to struggle to get the role players we need

Wouldn't be surprised to see all 3 opt out and re sign on new deals giving the heat more flexibility, especially wade with a 3-4 year 7-9 million a year

If they do opt in or if just Wade does, then we are going to struggle to get the role players we need
You think Wade has 3-4 years in him? He looks like he might retire right now. Might get one more year out of him but it's not a big three anymore. It kinda never was. Bosh was a star before he came now he is a solid role playing PF. Wade is a former star long past his best. LeBron is still a beast. Miami needs a major overhaul to compete moving forward.

Not enough for child support :p

No he really doesn't have 4 productive years left but that will be the only way for him to opt out of his current deal, if they sign him to a longer but still decent money deal I reckon

He does have a lot of kids running around!

No he really doesn't have 4 productive years left but that will be the only way for him to opt out of his current deal, if they sign him to a longer but still decent money deal I reckon

He does have a lot of kids running around!

He's still got $20m for 2 more years left on this contract, and he is probably eyeing 6-10m per year after this one finishes. (I think the talk of him being done as a player are exagerrated. He will never be a star again - but there is no reason he can't adjust his game to take on that 6th man Manu/Jamal Crawford type role... but would he be willing to do that?)
So unless he is going to be very selfless, I don't see Wade opting out... unless he gets significant pressure from Lebron/Bosh to do so - and what would that do to their relationship?

Ideally this team would have Lebron on the Max possible, Bosh on around 14-16, and Wade around 10m. Cole (1.1m) Andersen (1.4m) and Haslem (4m) are the only players still contracted. I would try to keep Beasley if it is still at a bargain basement price. I would let everyone else leave, and spend your money on 2-3 young guys who can fit around Lebron.

He's still got $20m for 2 more years left on this contract, and he is probably eyeing 6-10m per year after this one finishes. (I think the talk of him being done as a player are exagerrated. He will never be a star again - but there is no reason he can't adjust his game to take on that 6th man Manu/Jamal Crawford type role... but would he be willing to do that?)
So unless he is going to be very selfless, I don't see Wade opting out... unless he gets significant pressure from Lebron/Bosh to do so - and what would that do to their relationship?

Ideally this team would have Lebron on the Max possible, Bosh on around 14-16, and Wade around 10m. Cole (1.1m) Andersen (1.4m) and Haslem (4m) are the only players still contracted. I would try to keep Beasley if it is still at a bargain basement price. I would let everyone else leave, and spend your money on 2-3 young guys who can fit around Lebron.

Birdman opted out of that deal I believe

thing is, wade IS the most Heat (player) on the list in terms of history etc. THe most senior.

will be allow the team be restructured around him with him as a bit player?

I think he is all about as many chips as possible, opposed to getting another load of cash before his body forces him out.

Already took the backward step when LBJ came and was the better player and due to his body. I can see him taking another after these final three performances in the finals if that's what it takes to keep LBJ and Bosh in Miami, he'd be the one that wouldn't want to leave the most out of those 3, so would do whatever it took to keep and bring the team to him again I think.

I think you are all crazy. Wade wont opt out, then re-sign on less money while Bosh and LeBron still get max contracts just so that Miami have some cap room to bring in other players. Wade might want to win like everyone else but he also wants as much money as humanly possible.

It's why I dont think Melo will leave NY. $$$$

Dwyane Wade, my favourite player, 3rd best sg of all time, in his prime was the best player in the league. He needs to develop a 3 point shot, period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO it's not that outrageous a claim - an argument can definitely be made for Wade as a top-3 shooting guard of all time, certainly top-5.

For example, I can't see any definitive reason why Drexler should automatically be considered above him.

Of course the sniping, ref-baiting and jawline questions cloud the issue, but on sheer numbers he'd be right up there.

I think Wade is better than Drexler. Obviously behind Michael and Kobe. Oscar and West weren't really shooting guards. Wade has always been a true shooting guard.

Hence there is no reason for people to belittle someone who says that Wade is number 3 on the all time list of shooting guards.

Best I can do for illustrative purposes..

Career Per36

Drexler - 21.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 5.9 apg, 2.1 spg, 0.7 bpg, 2.9 t/opg, FG% .472, 3PT% .318, FT% .788

Kobe - 25.0 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1.4 spg, 0.5 bpg, 3.0 t/opg, FG% .454, 3PT% .335, FT% .838

Wade - 23.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 5.9 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.0 bpg, 3.4 t/opg, FG% .492, 3PT% .289, FT% .765

Advanced

Drexler - PER 21.1, TS% .547, WS/48 .173

Kobe - PER 23.4, TS% .555, WS/48 .182

Wade - PER 25.3, TS% .568, WS/48 .192

Career Bling

Drexler - 15 seasons, 1086 career (non playoff) games, 145 playoff games, 5 X All-NBA, 10 X All-Star, 1 championship

Kobe - 18 seasons, 1245 career games, 220 playoff games, 1 X MVP, 2 X Finals MVP, 15 X All-NBA, 15 X All-Star, 12 X All-Defensive, 5 championships

Wade - 11 seasons, 719 career games, 152 playoff games, 1 X Finals MVP, 8 X All-NBA, 10 X All-Star, 3 X All-Defensive, 3 championships

3rd best SG of all time??

Jordan, Oscar, Kobe, West, Drexler... then Wade. :)

Lol at those saying Drexler is better than Wade. Its amazing how a 6ft3 player can dominate the game for almost a decade like he did, was Drexler ever the best player in the league at any point in his career? Wade led/carried an old Heat team and took over the series to wi finals mvp. Wades best year 30.2 points on 49% from field (kobe could never do that), 7.5 assists, 5 rebounds 1.4 blocks (for a 6ft3 player thats unreal) and 2.2 steals, including 4 50+ point games, a 50 10 and 9 game and countless game winners.

I think the reason why some people are pushing Wade further, may be the decline in performance over the past two years, where he has either disappears/come and gone or just been pure lazy.

But I would put Wade above Drexler in terms of a more glorified career and even numbers.

Lol at those saying Drexler is better than Wade. Its amazing how a 6ft3 player can dominate the game for almost a decade like he did, was Drexler ever the best player in the league at any point in his career? Wade led/carried an old Heat team and took over the series to wi finals mvp. Wades best year 30.2 points on 49% from field (kobe could never do that), 7.5 assists, 5 rebounds 1.4 blocks (for a 6ft3 player thats unreal) and 2.2 steals, including 4 50+ point games, a 50 10 and 9 game and countless game winners.
Well Drexler played his entire career at the same time as Jordan so safe to say that no he was never the best player in the league at any point in his career. Having said that, I have never thought for one second of Wade's career that he was the best player in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back