The OFFICIAL NBA Off-Season Thread - Congratulations Chicago Bulls 7-0

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a good deal for GSW, injured or not he would have got more as a FA.

Apparently a few stipulations in the deal for him to receive all his money. Incentive based kind of deal and I think decreasing by the year. So therefore protecting Golden State a bit. Not a bad deal I suppose. Just hope the guy can play 60 plus games this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaiah Thomas would have to be one the great draft steals of the last decade - fearless.

I may be wrong, but back during the 'Linsanity' phase that the NBA was going through, Thomas was dominating and playing consistently well and received absolutely no attention even though he was the last pick in the draft.

Definitely one of the great draft steals.

I may be wrong, but back during the 'Linsanity' phase that the NBA was going through, Thomas was dominating and playing consistently well and received absolutely no attention even though he was the last pick in the draft.

Definitely one of the great draft steals.

It's an interesting point of comparison.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thomais02.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01.html

Thomas is what he is, a quick undersized point who can provide energy off the bench, basically Nate Robinson.

Personally I think Parsons has that draft steal of the last few years wrapped up.

Also... last pick of the 01 draft - Tony Parker ;)

Tony Parker doesn't fit within the last decade :) Also wasn't he first round? Manu went second round- thought TP went first but I could be wrong. But yeah agree, Parsons would probably be the clubhouse leader.

As for Isaiah vs Nate - the similarities are there, but from what I've seen Thomas does a better job of running an offense.

His offensive rating (see above) is really good, particularly playing on what has been a dysfunctional team. I think he's underrated.

Forgot about Gasol, the Lakers must have pulled a Vlade with him.

Chicago have drafted as well as anyone recently - Rose, Noah, Gibson, Butler..

original.jpg

Tony Parker doesn't fit within the last decade :) Also wasn't he first round? Manu went second round- thought TP went first but I could be wrong. But yeah agree, Parsons would probably be the clubhouse leader.

Yep, Parker was the 28th pick of the 1st round and Manu was 28th pick of the 2nd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back