magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Latimes -

About two weeks ago, Russell Westbrook went to LeBron James’ home and together they and Anthony Davis had a conversation about the All-Star guard joining James and Davis on the Lakers.

They talked about putting their egos aside and playing as one in their quest to bring the Lakers another NBA championship. Westbrook talked about how his only intention was winning and coming back home to Los Angeles to become a champion.

James and Davis talked about the two of them changing positions if that was best for the team - James moving from small forward to power forward and Davis from power forward to center. Westbrook let James and Davis know he doesn’t mind playing off the ball when James initiates the offense, something he did while playing alongside James Harden with the Houston Rockets
Russ might just be all talk, he has shown that he hasn't really changed a hell of a lot.

Oct 26, 2009
Gold Coast Suns
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Whomever is reigning NBA champion
Latimes -

About two weeks ago, Russell Westbrook went to LeBron James’ home and together they and Anthony Davis had a conversation about the All-Star guard joining James and Davis on the Lakers.

They talked about putting their egos aside and playing as one in their quest to bring the Lakers another NBA championship. Westbrook talked about how his only intention was winning and coming back home to Los Angeles to become a champion.

James and Davis talked about the two of them changing positions if that was best for the team - James moving from small forward to power forward and Davis from power forward to center. Westbrook let James and Davis know he doesn’t mind playing off the ball when James initiates the offense, something he did while playing alongside James Harden with the Houston Rockets

The best thing lakers could do would be play AD at centre... Problem is - he hates it and even if he ok doing it now he will get injured banging with the big boys.

The other thing Russ is the worse off the ball "star" I have ever seen

Plus... Lebron should have invited Lillard over for a chat... If they got Lillard... It would have been all over

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Talks of Beal looking to request a trade to Boston as his preffered destination.

Would be a great pickup depending what we let go but our main priorities should be a PG or a decent C.

Not for Jaylen I wouldn't.

Also we are very keen on Lonzo apparently

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Not making a clown of yourself in the first place or at least owning what you say are both better routes

Luka vs Clutch

"

4th quarter of game 1: 1 point, 0/5 FGs, 1/2 FTs, 2 turnovers

4th quarter of game 2: 4 points, 2/7 FGs, 2 turnovers

4th quarter of game 3: 10 points on 3/6 FGs and 2/6 FTs.

5 of those 10 points were in garbage time while the mavs were down 10 with less than 2 minutes left. With 2 minutes left and the game out of reach he had 5 points on 1/3 FGs and 2/6 FTs

4th quarter of game 4: 0 points, 0/1 FGs, 1 turnover

4th quarter of game 5: 2 points, 1/8 FGs, 1 turnover

4th quarter of game 6: 12 points on 5/8 FGs.

7 of those 12 points were in garbage time while down 10 with under a minute left. With 1 minute left and the game out of reach he had 5 points on 2/4 shooting.

4th quarter of game 7: 11 points on 4/8 FGs and 2/2 FTs

Stat padded in garbage time again. 7 of his 11 points came while down 10 with under 2 minutes left. With 2 minutes left and the game out of reach he had 4 points on 1/4 shooting*

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Luka vs Clutch

"

4th quarter of game 1: 1 point, 0/5 FGs, 1/2 FTs, 2 turnovers

4th quarter of game 2: 4 points, 2/7 FGs, 2 turnovers

4th quarter of game 3: 10 points on 3/6 FGs and 2/6 FTs.

5 of those 10 points were in garbage time while the mavs were down 10 with less than 2 minutes left. With 2 minutes left and the game out of reach he had 5 points on 1/3 FGs and 2/6 FTs

4th quarter of game 4: 0 points, 0/1 FGs, 1 turnover

4th quarter of game 5: 2 points, 1/8 FGs, 1 turnover

4th quarter of game 6: 12 points on 5/8 FGs.

7 of those 12 points were in garbage time while down 10 with under a minute left. With 1 minute left and the game out of reach he had 5 points on 2/4 shooting.

4th quarter of game 7: 11 points on 4/8 FGs and 2/2 FTs

Stat padded in garbage time again. 7 of his 11 points came while down 10 with under 2 minutes left. With 2 minutes left and the game out of reach he had 4 points on 1/4 shooting*
Yet you were adamant about always praising him because he's quote "amazing"

tl;dr you've made numerous contradictory statements, which is what I was referring to when I mentioned not to make a clown of yourself. Cannot play both sides of the fence swinging when it suites.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Yet you were adamant about always praising him because he's quote "amazing"

tl;dr you've made numerous contradictory statements, which is what I was referring to when I mentioned not to make a clown of yourself. Cannot play both sides of the fence swinging when it suites.

I praise him because he is an elite player I am harsh on him cause he is a fat chucker

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As much as I don't really disagree with why the Sixers are gonna trade Ben. I just think building around a big guy who is injury prone and getting older is a bit of a worry.
They were on the right track with that roster that had a bunch of shooters. Reddick the Italian i forget, ilysova etc.

They had enough assets to then add some more (or upgrade the ones they had) high quality 3+d and back up bigs but instead abandoned the shooters and burnt their assets on 2 ball-needy non-shooters.

They’ve only got themselves to blame. Also they’re the ducking coaches. Spend all practices working with Ben on his free throws.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
They were on the right track with that roster that had a bunch of shooters. Reddick the Italian i forget, ilysova etc.

They had enough assets to then add some more (or upgrade the ones they had) high quality 3+d and back up bigs but instead abandoned the shooters and burnt their assets on 2 ball-needy non-shooters.

They’ve only got themselves to blame. Also they’re the ducking coaches. Spend all practices working with Ben on his free throws.

Morey getting fired by the nba screwed them too

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Constantly saying "I praise him" isn't praising him. Anyway I really can't be bothered anymore, just a non stop stream of garbage with you as usual

Don't bring up old comments that are not to be taken literally then old bean. Try and get the vibe of the internet.

It is true, luka is better at basketball but as I was trying to imply - 1v1 Ben has got him covered and is a general monster on the defensive end. Also a bit underrated at the time of comment and gets a bad rep due to partly his team letting him down.

Twice losing from a 99.9% chance of winning often with Ben being on the bench in that period come crunch time ..

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U

That year with Reddick Ilysova and Belinelli was so good to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't bring up old comments that are not ment to be taken literally then old bean. Try and get the vibe of the internet.

It is true luka is better than basketball but as I was trying to imply - 1v1 Ben has got him covered and is a general monster on the defensive end
I linked whole pages of you trashing Luka after you were trying to get behind him in the Olympics. Take it, move on be better.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

Elton Brand can get in the bin, the fact he is still employed b the Sixers is a joke.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
221272958_4939254776103007_4551503361984982231_n.jpg

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Boston trade Thompson to Atlanta for Dunn + Bruno Fernando + 2023 second rounder.

Making cap space 3m in this.

Will most likely dump Bruno..

UPDATE:
Dunn absorbs the trade exception we made when trading Kanter (Kanter gave us a 5mill trade exception which was due to expire in the next couple of days).

We now have a new $9.2 for Trading Thompson lmao

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Talks of Beal looking to request a trade to Boston as his preffered destination.

Would be a great pickup depending what we let go but our main priorities should be a PG or a decent C.
Very few people I would trade for Beal at Boston..

Smart = Yes
One of the Jays = Hell no

Only player I would Consider trading Jaylen Brown for is Karl Anthony-Towns. An angry agressive C in the right age bracket.

Very few people I would trade for Beal at Boston..

Smart = Yes
One of the Jays = Hell no

Only player I would Consider trading Jaylen Brown for is Karl Anthony-Towns. An angry agressive C in the right age bracket.

I would have thought a soft under achieving centre would be a more apt description of KAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back