Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston have Tatum and Brown locked in on huge money. Horford's last year in 22-23 is still a full cap hold (i assume), he only gets paid full based on team success.

So ... they still have $102m salary committed in 2022-23 or maybe ~$90m if they ditch all the team option rookies and don't sign anyone to a contract beyond that year. Though have a look at the free agent list for 2023 properly stacked (with really old superstars ;)) https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2023/

I'm completely fine to trade out a pick to just save money. Should've traded out picks previous years to either go up the order or get ready players to compliment our two best players. Hopefully we have a better age mix off our bench next season and Horford will probably be off the bench which is a start.

Nobody knows his trade value. Assuming Bulls don't want to involve Vuc, Zach or Williams; it'd be Markkanen S&T with a group of two or three of White, Satoransky, Aminu, Young, Brown.
They have the players to match the salary of Simmons, but you'd probably get 100 different answers from 100 different Philly fans on what Simmons is worth.
Same with Bulls fans probably but I think he fits super well there.

Nobody knows his trade value. Assuming Bulls don't want to involve Vuc, Zach or Williams; it'd be Markkanen S&T with a group of two or three of White, Satoransky, Aminu, Young, Brown.
They have the players to match the salary of Simmons, but you'd probably get 100 different answers from 100 different Philly fans on what Simmons is worth.
Same with Bulls fans probably but I think he fits super well there.

This would be great deal for bulls...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw a pretty good-looking trade somewhere recently. Something like

PHI: Lose Simmons, gain Beal
WAS: Lose Beal, gain Wiseman, Minnesota FRP from Golden State (if top 3), Wiggins
GS: Lose Wiseman, Minnesota FRP, Wiggins, gain Simmons

You'd have to wait until after the lottery because of the pick and I'd guess Beal would have to be a sign and trade.

I saw a pretty good-looking trade somewhere recently. Something like

PHI: Lose Simmons, gain Beal
WAS: Lose Beal, gain Wiseman, Minnesota FRP from Golden State (if top 3), Wiggins
GS: Lose Wiseman, Minnesota FRP, Wiggins, gain Simmons

You'd have to wait until after the lottery because of the pick and I'd guess Beal would have to be a sign and trade.
Beal is contracted already and Golden State are giving up too in that trade i think, Phily would have to give up more.

Lol, doing cartwheels if Beal happens. Next to no chance.

Still, pretty content to sit back and let Morey do his thing. First offseason was really just about retooling what was already there. The Horford/Green, Richardson/Curry moves were some of the savviest I've ever seen.

But now he'll be able to put his actual imprint on the team. Embiid is a generational superstar, one of the easiest players to build a team around. I'd much rather see them go full tilt at building a team around him for the next 3 years, then worry about the health. He's in his prime, Sixers are in the window, if he breaks down for good then so be it. Rather say that we went for it, than continue to do the same thing and expecting different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back