Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jalen Green is considered "the most dynamic of the five prospects" at the top of the 2021 NBA draft with his scoring ability and athleticism on the wing. Green finished 10th in the G League in scoring at just 19 years old.
In comments to ESPN, Green said he's the best prospect in the draft.
"Me, I'm the best prospect in this draft, in my opinion," Green said. "I didn't go to college and I played against grown men. I just think as a 19-year-old doing that, I'm the best player in the draft for sure."
One NBA executive said Green has a chance to be a "10-time All-Star and 25-point-per-game scorer" once he settles into the NBA game.

What a humble young man

id like to know who the executive person is

Usually I would have posted in this thread about 30 times by now.

There is a maybe way of getting Lillard to Bucks. Collins to Portland S&T, Middleton to Hawks, add pieces & seasoning as desired. Or instead of Collins it would be based around De'Andre Hunter + Snell & Lou's contract + 1st. I reckon there would be quite a few GMs sniffing around our assets.

Trae / Bogdan / Middleton / Collins / Capela is an interesting combination.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Donnie Nelson gone too.

Doncic clock is at about 11pm. Zion's is at 10. No pressure guys.

Usually I would have posted in this thread about 30 times by now.

There is a maybe way of getting Lillard to Bucks. Collins to Portland S&T, Middleton to Hawks, add pieces & seasoning as desired. Or instead of Collins it would be based around De'Andre Hunter + Snell & Lou's contract + 1st. I reckon there would be quite a few GMs sniffing around our assets.

Trae / Bogdan / Middleton / Collins / Capela is an interesting combination.

I think Collins AND DeAndre would merely be a starting point.

DeAndre and a(n inevitable) late first wouldn't move the needle for Portland at all.

No surprises on Brooks but a bit harsh on Stan The Man I thought.

Nah, if you've made your chops as a defensive coach then overseeing the abomination that was our defence all season doesn't augur well for the future.

Then there's playing Bledsoe the most minutes on the team, a baffling decision.

Allegedly doesn't get along with Ingram that well either.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Wasn't this before all the injuries?

DangerSloane how can you say better end of the deal when there was no trade for them whatsoever?

It wasnt a trade no, but for us to 'downgrade' Kemba to Rozier who btw had a much much better season.
We swapped point guards with Boston whether it was a trade or not.

What I'm more saying is everyone here saying he was the most overpaid player in the A, and shouldve signed Kemba @ $40m yadayadayada.
My unpopular opinion that we made a smart move not re-signing Kemba has now somehow not become so unpopular.

It wasnt a trade no, but for us to 'downgrade' Kemba to Rozier who btw had a much much better season.

What I'm more saying is everyone here saying he was the most overpaid player in the A, and shouldve signed Kemba @ $40m yadayadayada.

My unpopular opinion that we made a smart move not re-signing Kemba has now somehow not become so unpopular.

Not sure that happened.

I think Collins AND DeAndre would merely be a starting point.

DeAndre and a(n inevitable) late first wouldn't move the needle for Portland at all.

The rest is up to the Bucks to figure out. I am only proposing our assets to get the Middleton part.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots

Well at the time we had Irving so Rozier had made his mind up to want out otherwise he would've been happy to stay knowing he was going to get starters minutes.

I think not re-signing Kemba was a given wasn't it? He was eligible to get the supermax with you guys and MJ wasn't going to sign off on that.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
The rest is up to the Bucks to figure out. I am only proposing our assets to get the Middleton part.

Tbh I'm not sure the Bucks have the assets to land Lillard or any other star, mate.

They'd have to re-route Jrue to a 4th team or something for additional picks to give to the Blazers, but in all likelihood said picks would only be of marginal value.

If their depth is shallow now, it'd be non-existent trying to scrape every last thing of value to land someone like Lillard.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well at the time we had Irving so Rozier had made his mind up to want out otherwise he would've been happy to stay knowing he was going to get starters minutes.

I think not re-signing Kemba was a given wasn't it? He was eligible to get the supermax with you guys and MJ wasn't going to sign off on that.

I am really happy Scary Terry is doing very well at Charlotte, but several Celtics bloggers and journos claimed he became a really disruptive locker room influence in his final season in Boston (aka wanted more mins etc)

I think signing Kemba (who has a chronic knee condition) on that massive contract was a massive mistake by Ainge in hindsight.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
No surprises on Brooks but a bit harsh on Stan The Man I thought.
Don't think the players enjoyed him calling them out on the defence saying high school kids can close out games better than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back