Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes and as i have already pointed out he can't just sit out games for the next 4 years, it would be a decent threat if he had 1 year left on his deal.

But he doesn't

No but he can realistic sit out until the trade. If he gets an injury prior the sixers shot them self in the foot further too.

It's perfectly reasonable to not show at such a toxic work place.

My understanding is the highest finesbthey can give doesn't put a huge dent on his 200millionndollars

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
No but he can realistic sit out until the trade. If he gets an injury prior the sixers shot them self in the foot further too.

It's perfectly reasonable to not show at such a toxic work place.

My understanding is the highest finesbthey can give doesn't put a huge dent on his 200millionndollars
You say that but I would love proof? If he doesn’t play he doesn’t get paid… He can’t just refuse to play games and get paid.

If the best return they are getting is CJ than they are not losing much by gambling

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
You say that but I would love proof? If he doesn’t play he doesn’t get paid… He can’t just refuse to play games and get paid.

If the best return they are getting is CJ than they are not losing much by gambling

Let's see what his lawyers and Adele say

They don't call it guaranteed for a joke

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
I've explained like 5 times he had 13 assists in the infamous g7. 14 if that dumbass didn't miss the lay up from the 'open dunk'
I know I'm late here, but pardon? You mean Matisse, who got fouled by two players and sent to the stripe?

Such a bad take, which doesn't even make sense...

Hawks extend Capela $46m / 2 years. Surprised a little since he still had 2 years but I suppose the contract can be moved if Okongwu works out.

Rumors to kings D Mitchell, buddy, picks

Should that happen the picks would have to be lottery protected. Sac will not be good enough .. also every roster I look at adding Ben there is no actual good fits. Except Atlanta, ironically for me.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Morey doesn't want CJ because that isn't a title contender, no other reason.

You are giving up the last significant trade piece you have to put a ceiling on the team short of a championship. I think Simmons needs to go but you would honestly be better off trying to salvage anything with Simmons over trading for one for those two

That's his prerogative, but you don't get two All NBA First Team calibre players on your roster just because you want them. The Lakers signed LeBron as a free agent then traded a haul for AD. The Nets signed KD and Kyrie as free agents then traded a haul for Harden. Beal is available at the end of the 21/22 season if he declines his player option. Lillard not so much.

Simmons isn't the only trade asset the 6ers have. But he's a young all star with potential. Their biggest problem is they have $70m a year tied up in Simmons and Harris long term and neither of those guys are really worth it.

People underrating CJ ITT.

Bit of this too. Scores 20+ a game for fun and is fraction off a career 40% 3P shooter. 6ers as constructed are basically forced to start Seth Curry who was a bench player at Dallas/Portland because their PG doesn't shoot. If you started Embiid/Harris/CJ you'd have 70 PPG scoring based on last season. From there you'd have to shuffle around other pieces for shooting, playmaking, defence etc.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
That's his prerogative, but you don't get two All NBA First Team calibre players on your roster just because you want them. The Lakers signed LeBron as a free agent then traded a haul for AD. The Nets signed KD and Kyrie as free agents then traded a haul for Harden. Beal is available at the end of the 21/22 season if he declines his player option. Lillard not so much.

Simmons isn't the only trade asset the 6ers have. But he's a young all star with potential. Their biggest problem is they have $70m a year tied up in Simmons and Harris long term and neither of those guys are really worth it.

Bit of this too. Scores 20+ a game for fun and is fraction off a career 40% 3P shooter. 6ers as constructed are basically forced to start Seth Curry who was a bench player at Dallas/Portland because their PG doesn't shoot. If you started Embiid/Harris/CJ you'd have 70 PPG scoring based on last season. From there you'd have to shuffle around other pieces for shooting, playmaking, defence etc.
I don't think anyone thinks Simmons is going to get them close to Lillard or Beal. However along with other assets they can put together a decent package, move Simmons on and they are ruling themselves out of any chance should they become available.

Simmons and Harris are overpaid but so is CJ so it is just shuffling the deck chairs but getting a worse, older player with a lower ceiling.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't think anyone thinks Simmons is going to get them close to Lillard or Beal. However along with other assets they can put together a decent package, move Simmons on and they are ruling themselves out of any chance should they become available.

Simmons and Harris are overpaid but so is CJ so it is just shuffling the deck chairs but getting a worse, older player with a lower ceiling.

Shame the fans teammates and coach are so toxic then.

The ship seems to have sailed

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast

That's kinda the point. In order to move Simmons and get something good in return, they need to put together the package. A lot of it is probably media spin but there has been talk of Morey wanting a 'James Harden type package' for Simmons. One such report was Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, the No. 7 pick, the No. 14 pick and two additional future first-round picks. In what universe is Simmons worth anywhere near that?

Another problem facing the 6ers is that the Lakers, Nets and co have already signed all the cheap vets. So if they want to put all their depth on the table to go down the superstar trade path then the roster is going to be very thin. If they just want to move Simmons then it's a different equation.

Former Sun Cedric Ceballos has the covid

Please send prayers. Thoughts are also welcome

Hope he improves quick.

What’s a “prayer warrior healer”

Hope he improves quick.

What’s a “prayer warrior healer”
1631096311112.jpeg

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Trae young went 1-15 in game 7 when being defended by Simmons.

Generally smashed other sixers defenders - about 50 points and +10 assists, east final game 1
You can't defend Simmons simple is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back