Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trae young went 1-15 in game 7 when being defended by Simmons.

Generally smashed other sixers defenders - about 50 points and +10 assists, east final game 1
Sigh you are turning me in to a Ben hater when i really am not but

Ben Simmons 4th quarter vs the Hawks:

Game 1: 2-2 FG
Game 2: 0-0 FG
Game 3: 1-1 FG
Game 4: 0-0 FG
Game 5: 0-0 FG
Game 6: 0-0 FG
Game 7: 0-0 FG

He shot 15-for-45 (33%) on foul shots against Atlanta and 34.2% from the line for the 2021 playoffs overall, accounting for the worst free throw percentage in NBA playoff history for a player with at least 70 attempts, according to research by ESPN Stats & Information.

Think of all the completely useless free throw shooters in the history of the NBA... He had the WORST EVER play off FT shooting % of anyone with a decent volume. WORST EVER

The Hawks held him under 10 points in four out of the seven games in the conference semifinals, including his five-point showing in game 7.

Stop absolving him of the blame on why this didn't work out, it is on him. Hopefully wherever he gets traded it is somewhere he can improve and live up to his potential but i doubt it at this point.

Now try telling that to the other 29 GMs.
Again, balck and white and no grey.

Plenty of other GMs have shown they are keen - Morey's asking price though is hugely prohibitive.

But that doesn't suit the narrative does it?

Again, balck and white and no grey.

Plenty of other GMs have shown they are keen - Morey's asking price though is hugely prohibitive.

But that doesn't suit the narrative does it?
That's the problem.

As well he didn't help Morey by performing like he did in the playoffs.

That's the problem.

As well he didn't help Morey by performing like he did in the playoffs.

[Farzetta] “One of the messages Ben Simmons has sent back to towards Philly is that it’s not his job to fix his trade value…” -ESPN’s Brian Windhorst on the Jump regarding Ben Simmons and the Sixers.

[Farzetta] “One of the messages Ben Simmons has sent back to towards Philly is that it’s not his job to fix his trade value…” -ESPN’s Brian Windhorst on the Jump regarding Ben Simmons and the Sixers.
But it's his job to perform.

Doesn't help when he has a max contract and the GM is literally trying to trade peanuts for apples.

And just to remind every 76er fan they could've had James f*cking Harden.

lol yes it is.

the sixers can't get on the court for him to improve it. He's gotta do that himself.

lol yes it is.

the sixers can't get on the court for him to improve it. He's gotta do that himself.

Assuming he plays or trains for philly again...

[NBA Central] Ben Simmons could be fined up to $1.3 million for skipping Sixers’ training camp, per Brian Windhorst “The Simmons side has told me ‘we are prepared for that ramification

Sigh you are turning me in to a Ben hater when i really am not but

Ben Simmons 4th quarter vs the Hawks:

Game 1: 2-2 FG
Game 2: 0-0 FG
Game 3: 1-1 FG
Game 4: 0-0 FG
Game 5: 0-0 FG
Game 6: 0-0 FG
Game 7: 0-0 FG

He shot 15-for-45 (33%) on foul shots against Atlanta and 34.2% from the line for the 2021 playoffs overall, accounting for the worst free throw percentage in NBA playoff history for a player with at least 70 attempts, according to research by ESPN Stats & Information.

Think of all the completely useless free throw shooters in the history of the NBA... He had the WORST EVER play off FT shooting % of anyone with a decent volume. WORST EVER

The Hawks held him under 10 points in four out of the seven games in the conference semifinals, including his five-point showing in game 7.

Stop absolving him of the blame on why this didn't work out, it is on him. Hopefully wherever he gets traded it is somewhere he can improve and live up to his potential but i doubt it at this point.

So he shot 100% in the 4th? Looks pretty clutch to me.

Obviously there were issues with Simmons your not the first to figure that out.

The facts remain Trae went 48/11 against all nba first team defence & east and NBA champions, the following game yet was held to 1/15 vs Simmons...

He also clamped Collins who was killing it

13 assists is among the most for a game 7 too.

If embiid doesn't have 8 turnovers the sixers win. Ditto if huerter doesn't score 30 odd g7 points vs curry and korkmaz. There were numerous issues including the bench and coach.

1631169183263.png

The facts remain Trae went 48/11 against all nba first team defence & east and NBA champions, the following game yet was held to 1/15 vs Simmons...

If embiid doesn't have 8 turnovers the sixers win. Ditto if huerter doesn't score 30 odd g7 points vs curry and korkmaz. There were numerous issues including the bench and coach.

View attachment 1230567

View attachment 1230567
You are actually defending a max contract guy for putting up 3 shots in 7 4th quarters… I legit hope you are trolling…

Assuming he plays or trains for philly again...

[NBA Central] Ben Simmons could be fined up to $1.3 million for skipping Sixers’ training camp, per Brian Windhorst “The Simmons side has told me ‘we are prepared for that ramification
Exactly. So his trade value stays in the dumpster, as per his last games on the court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trae young went 1-15 in game 7 when being defended by Simmons.

Generally smashed other sixers defenders - about 50 points and +10 assists, east final game 1

So, he's a really good defensive player. I'm not sure what your point is.

He didn't turn up when he needed to.

Even an average performance and the 6ers could have been NBA Champions.

The Milwaukee Bucks have signed guard Tremont Waters to an Exhibit 10 deal.

Is it just me or does Tremont Waters sound like a newly built housing estate?

View attachment 1230567

I guess LeBron isn't to blame for the 2011 NBA Finals because, you know, he had some assists and played some good defense.

Exactly. So his trade value stays in the dumpster, as per his last games on the court.
To me the point he's trying to make is - if Morey has unrealistic expectations on what he will get back the deal will never get done, and Ben can't change that. But maybe I'm misreading it.

Not sure all GMs are this stupid
How is it stupid. There's enough evidence to show that he can't really contribute as even a number 2 guy on a championship contender. Most GMs understand that, hence the lack of offers.

Speaking of unrealistic expectations though, Simmons has said he only wants to go to GSW, LAL or LAC. Why would any of those teams want him based on what he's dished up?

He'll end up going to some scrub team where he can lead a team and be a good stats, bad team guy.

You are actually defending a max contract guy for putting up 3 shots in 7 4th quarters… I legit hope you are trolling…

You need to ctfd.

I am not defending anyone much of his game was shyte and the biggest choke job I can recall. Outside of the hawthorn rebuild

I am just adding balance with facts.

It was nice of Ben to stop (max contract) Trae scoring and additional 30 odd points when he was killing everyone and the bucks the following game.

Simmons also clamped Collins when he was going off - doc moved him to try fill the hole..

stalled kawhi when the fmvp was going at about 85% shooting vs butler Harris etc. vs the sixers couple years prior too

There were a number of factors as to why the sixers lost to Trae and friends.

Again how can you let hueter score 30 in a g7

Last edited:
They also see an inability or lack of desire to improve his game at all, over several seasons.

He was also just voted the best defender by NBA coaches and is not much older than pick 13 last draft. There is a bit to work with but I can see why the wolves. Cavs. Raps etc. Would rather get Simmons on the cheap. Simmons has the leverage too - not turning up doesn't help the sixers situation.

How is it stupid. There's enough evidence to show that he can't really contribute as even a number 2 guy on a championship contender. Most GMs understand that, hence the lack of offers.

Speaking of unrealistic expectations though, Simmons has said he only wants to go to GSW, LAL or LAC. Why would any of those teams want him based on what he's dished up?

He'll end up going to some scrub team where he can lead a team and be a good stats, bad team guy.

Rubbish there were decent offers but Morey wanted stupid amounts of assets, since then the situation has changed.

Sixers were the first seed in the winning east and he is an all star every season. "Can't really contribute" is an extreme pov. Ditto "bad team guy"

Iirc it was reported Simmons is happy to join any team in the league outside philly, even if the young socialite preference is Cali

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back