Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
‘Eventually he’ll show up’: Sixers make $308k-a-day Simmons threat after shock trade U-turn'

Krawczynski believes that Simmons is genuine in his push for a trade move, and that he will be willing to sit out to force it through
He said: “It seems like [Simmons’ camp] are going to [hold out] and then it’s up to the Sixers to decide ‘OK, are we going to try and weather that storm and really stick to our guns and not let him bully us into a move’….and really try and dictate the terms or are they going to say ‘hey, look, we gotta take what we can get and move on because this is an untenable situation?’”
Krawczynski added: “…[Simmons] is a guy that is aware of the dynamics around him. He knows that Philly fans can’t wait to boo him on opening night …. but more so he knows that in the moment of truth in the playoffs his coach did not have his back and his star teammate kind of sort of a little bit threw him under the bus as well. And now maybe he deserves some of that criticism but that’s just the nature of it now. Those are the relationships that have been broken and he wants to go. I don’t think this is a bluff on his part. I don’t think that Klutch [Simmons’ management] is making idle threats.”

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Houston now front runners to land Simmons

Simmons and Maxey ------- Houston
Wall and 2022 & 2023 1st Rounder ------- 76ers

Depth:

Houston - Simmons, Gordon, Tate, Thiess, Wood
76ers - Wall, Curry, Green, Harris, Embiid

Depth:

I'd be fine with that deal although I'd say our 5 would be more.

Houston - KPJ, Green, Simmons, Tate, Wood

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool

Depth:

Hasn’t there been talk of Wall being bought out? I don’t believe Philly would do that

Hasn’t there been talk of Wall being bought out? I don’t believe Philly would do that

Trading Ben for Wall and buying him out might be one of the fakest of fake news of all time.

I think the deal with lottery protected 1sts is the best swing Philly can do, also Houston will need their draft picks protected no doubt. Healthy Wall is a real deal maker.

Having said that, I reckon GSW know they have the winning hand and are just waiting until the pressure gets too much and will make a good enough offer.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Trading Ben for Wall and buying him out might be one of the fakest of fake news of all time.

I think the deal with lottery protected 1sts is the best swing Philly can do, also Houston will need their draft picks protected no doubt. Healthy Wall is a real deal maker.

Having said that, I reckon GSW know they have the winning hand and are just waiting until the pressure gets too much and will make a good enough offer.

I mean Houston buying Wall out..

edit: maybe I read that they agree to part ways via a trade rather than a buyout

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

Depth:

I have seen the rumours but this has to be 100% BS

Wall is a negative asset... People overreact a lot when it comes to 'untradeable contracts' but that Wall contract is diabolical.

Throwing in Maxey who is a decent prospect as well just makes it more crazy.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have seen the rumours but this has to be 100% BS

Wall is a negative asset... People overreact a lot when it comes to 'untradeable contracts' but that Wall contract is diabolical.

Throwing in Maxey who is a decent prospect as well just makes it more crazy.

Maxey will be part of any deal involving Simmons

Rich Paul doesn't want any of his players at the 76ers

76ers would possibly flip Wall for something else

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Maxey will be part of any deal involving Simmons

Rich Paul doesn't want any of his players at the 76ers

76ers would possibly flip Wall for something else
That Maxey rumour was apparently bs

Flipping Wall would be almost impossible, again Philly would need to attach assets to do that.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

300k fine every day that Ben Simmons doesnt show up once the season starts. Philly aint taking his sh*t.

SamSheehanNBA] I’m hearing that Ben’s problems with Morey go back to Daryl “liking” a tweet comparing Devin Booker and Ben in the “Virgin vs. Chad meme” format. Morey “unliked” it quickly but the damage was done

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
SamSheehanNBA] I’m hearing that Ben’s problems with Morey go back to Daryl “liking” a tweet comparing Devin Booker and Ben in the “Virgin vs. Chad meme” format. Morey “unliked” it quickly but the damage was done

Marcel, buddy.

You ******* idiot :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back