Mega Thread The Official NBA offseason thread - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non-playoff Rondo with quite the statline.

22 mins, 0 points, 5 turnovers, -30 in a four point loss.

Lakers complete a 0-6 preseason, peternorth is not worried.
7FqS.gif

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
LMAO bro they had 27 points combined. Take them out you still lose by 41.... Like i said me and you have different standards.

Like the stupid sh*t that Tex didn't need to apologize? Really like I don't mean to make anyone look like a fool but you seem to share the same amount of intelligence as tex, as it pertains to be. PS I' not the only one that thought it was bad losing by 68 points to be fair.

No 1 point as to oppose 68 hmmmmm, Nah I've got Houston or Cleveland as front runners for the worst team this year, magic in 3rd.

I couldn't care less if it was the last game of the season with nothing to play for you don't lose like that wow I can't believe I have to explain this...

Lakers aren't getting blown out are they? If they were then I would, I'm predicting them to have a shaky first 20 games while they get their act together but massive difference in rosters between the lakers and hornets in case you weren't aware. Besides, peternorth has a tendency to go from one extreme to the other inside the timeframe of a quarter.
Ah so 6 losses is ok but one by 60 points isn't.
You love moving the goal posts.
Where was your post calling out Lakers 0-6 preseason and how nobody there cares or whatever.

As I said its *ing preseason and only a clown would read into it.

Can't wait for a team to be 0-10 and you chime in with 'well they're not being blown out'
Your opinion is worthless.

Question: would you rather be 5-1 with a loss by 60 or be 0-6 with all losses by single digits.
Then have a real think about your stupidity. I didn't bring Tex up either but sounds like your understanding of that situation is about as good as your understanding of basketball 🤣

hmmm, how does one simply miss a flight?

From my experience it is not leaving enough time to get to the airport after getting too drunk the night before, allegedly.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeh you really didn't need to say anything to start with.
A bunch of D-league players vs Dallas' main lineup.

I really couldnt give a sh*t what happens in preseason.
Terry, Hayward, Oubre did not play at all. Ball/Bridges/Washington played 10 minutes each.
Doncic, Hardaway and Porkz played 25+ minutes each.
Do you guys have a ******* clue or what?

For a basketball forum theres really minimal understanding of basketball.

Did we care when the heat lost by 50 last season in pre-season?

Real question is are Boston or Port ever going to have the yearly success that their fans parrot every single season?
Or is it going to be another finals choke?

Using a team that underperformed last season probably not a good example.

Well being a Suns and Saints fan I guess pre-season has been your grand final for your entire life.
Also Tex Walker shouldnt have needed to apologise.
You shouldn’t need to apologise after making a racial slur?

Please tell me that’s some kind of sick joke

Less than 10 hours before the Philadelphia 76ers were set to host the Atlanta Hawks in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals, Ben Simmons was in limbo on whether he would be allowed to play.

"They're not letting me play," Simmons told his brother Sean Tribe and several teammates via text message.

Simmons was being held out of the team's shootaround because of a possible exposure to a team masseuse who had returned an inconclusive COVID-19 test. Several players were questioned about whether they'd seen her that morning, but Simmons was the only one who said that he had.

"He answered the question honestly, without thinking of the implications," says one source close to Simmons.

According to multiple sources, many within the 76ers questioned whether Simmons had actually seen the masseuse or was just trying to get out of playing. Simmons had attempted only 10 shots combined in Games 5 and 6. Simmons went on to pass up a possible dunk in the fourth quarter that has become an inflection point on his tenure with the 76ers.

"If you're trying to prepare for Game 7, you don't really want to be dealing with that in the morning," a source close to Simmons says. "Especially when the spotlight is already on you."

The staffer and Simmons' test results came back negative, according to sources, and he was cleared to play in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
I must say they are years away but I don't mind OKC's young core, some really nice pieces and lots of assets in hand, they don't have that franchise player which will be the hardest to get and they won't win many games next 2 years but the future is bright.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Orlando has extended Wendell Carter Jr for 4 years, $50 million. That's a pretty good contract for Orlando but I'm not sure what it means for Bamba who progressed the most of all the Magicians this pre-season.

There are two schools of thought on Bamba, the first is that he's finally trying because it's a contract year and possibly only because it's a contract year. The other is that with Steve Clifford gone, Mo is finally being put in a position to succeed and we're seeing the guy we had all along.

Orlando's GM recently said that Jonathan Isaac (remember him?) is a PF. The Magic have spent the pre-season with Bamba at the 5 and Wendell at the 4 but it looks like long term, it's going to be WCJ and JI. That means that Bamba either signs as a back-up or goes elsewhere? Or do we keep all 3 and rotate them somehow?

In the background, Orlando is going to have a very early pick in this draft and a lot of the best prospects are centres or power forwards.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is issac out for the year like Irving?

Or they are less strict in Florida / trump fans etc

Vaccination won't keep him out as far as I know. If there are away games he can't play, I imagine he'll simply be rested, which works because he's made of glass and we're not going to win anyway.

FWIW, he's not going to be ready for the start of the season either. Currently, the best case is he's back in about a month (missing about 12 games) but I imagine it'll be even more than that.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Vaccination won't keep him out as far as I know. If there are away games he can't play, I imagine he'll simply be rested, which works because he's made of glass and we're not going to win anyway.

FWIW, he's not going to be ready for the start of the season either. Currently, the best case is he's back in about a month (missing about 12 games) but I imagine it'll be even more than that.

Be nice to add a other top5 to father baby Giannis and the kids at magic

Should re-sign Bamba imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back