The Official NBA Summer League thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

What is under pork zingers Jersey at the end of that play? A fin? Dora the explorer backpack?

Just the hopes and dreams of a long suffering franchise.

Big Al was made to carry ours, that's why he got so chubby.

I thought it was kemba? That's why he can't move on defence

Nah too many injuries to carry that weight.

I mean look what you guys did to Derrick and Kirk has never mentally recovered. Careful Jimmy.

Nah too many injuries to carry that weight.

I mean look what you guys did to Derrick and Kirk has never mentally recovered. Careful Jimmy.
No spinal tap reference?

For shame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not franchise hope carrying related. That was collateral damage.

It could be worse i guess....

5_1385440157_43a438faaad6e29daf05c29c8d073987.jpg

A perfect example of one not ready to carry the weight, went on to be a 2x NBA Champion, just wasn't ready in NC.

subtletrollsmall.png
Makes you wonder doesn't it.... Stockton malone Barkley Nash.... No rings

Morrison..... Lol

Makes you wonder doesn't it.... Stockton malone Barkley Nash.... No rings

Morrison..... Lol

Scalabrine....you guys thought he'd be the difference there for two years, but it ain't easy.

Yeah I don't know what I'm on about :rolleyes:

No attitude problems at all...

Also let's not forget that Boston themselves put him up for a deal to get Noel from Philly before this draft.

Oh so now you're changing your tune to it being an anger issue.

First you talked about him not giving a s**t about summer league. Make up your mind.

If he truly was up for trade it would've been to do with getting what Ainge sees as perceived value.

You must be confusing him with Rondo, the most recent guard who clearly had attitude problems.

Oh so now you're changing your tune to it being an anger issue.

First you talked about him not giving a s**t about summer league. Make up your mind.

If he truly was up for trade it would've been to do with getting what Ainge sees as perceived value.

You must be confusing him with Rondo, the most recent guard who clearly had attitude problems.

Not caring is attitude. Anger is attitude. Also on Rondo, I have never and will never like Rondo. Hell I remember getting into a discussion with you a couple years ago when Allen left and you turned on him in an instant, I said Rondo would never take Boston (or any other team) to a championship and you vehemently disagreed with me. I still stand by that even with him on the Kings.

Anyway back onto Summer League. Smart is doing what he needs to do on the stat sheet but I'm not sold on him. Will be a better scoring Avery Bradley and that's about it. Wont and should not be 1st or 2nd option, 3rd yes though.

Not caring is attitude. Anger is attitude. Also on Rondo, I have never and will never like Rondo. Hell I remember getting into a discussion with you a couple years ago when Allen left and you turned on him in an instant, I said Rondo would never take Boston (or any other team) to a championship and you vehemently disagreed with me. I still stand by that even with him on the Kings.

Anyway back onto Summer League. Smart is doing what he needs to do on the stat sheet but I'm not sold on him. Will be a better scoring Avery Bradley and that's about it. Wont and should not be 1st or 2nd option, 3rd yes though.
You were talking specifically about him seemingly not caring in Summer League, don't try changing your argument. Regardless, countless numbers of pro sports players have snapped on the court before. The fan incident wasn't great at the time, but that just shows he is an intense person. He came from nothing and plays like every night is his last one in the NBA.

Once again, there is literally nothing wrong with his attitude. If teams had five guys with a similar attitude towards the game they would be incredibly successful.

As for the Bradley argument, that's just lazy. Like many others you think defence and instantly make the comparison. Smart is far better as a dribbling guard or a point guard than Bradley will ever be. Nobody is saying what type of option he should be either. Celtics fans are just watching and hoping he continues on the nice path of development he has so far, and then taking it from there. He was a sixth pick in a draft where the franchise guys appear to be the first few selections before him. Ainge will be thrilled if he gets an elite defender at the point guard position with a solid jumper and good passing skills. Can easily be moved on if another franchise centre piece becomes available.

The Rondo argument is irrelevant by the way. I was just comparing what a bad on court attitude is. Once the big three left, Rondo took many nights off defensively, played lazy offensive basketball and then clearly in Dallas he made it obvious his disdain for his tenure there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back