The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win over the Lakers.
With so many Lakers games on ESPN here in Aus i have noticed Lebron 90% of the time just walks off the court after a loss without shaking the oppos hands.
Im new to following the NBA. Is this the norm?

Chances of draft picks
  1. 14%
  2. 13.4%
  3. 12.7%
  4. 12%
  5. 47.9%
Obviously ideally we get the #1 and take Zion. I think the NBA will rig it so we do get it. Zion in NYC would be massive for the NBA
Barrett and Ja Morate seem likely to go 2 & 3.
I think if we fall out of the top 3 we will try and trade it.

Chances of draft picks
  1. 14%
  2. 13.4%
  3. 12.7%
  4. 12%
  5. 47.9%
Obviously ideally we get the #1 and take Zion. I think the NBA will rig it so we do get it. Zion in NYC would be massive for the NBA
Barrett and Ja Morate seem likely to go 2 & 3.
I think if we fall out of the top 3 we will try and trade it.

We absolutely must get Zion. There's no two ways about it.

3 isnt too bad.
Either Ja Morant, RJ Barrett or try and put a deal together for Davis.
Plenty of options.
I'm happy with pick 3 - just relieved that we didn't slide to 4 or 5. Top 3 in essentially a 3 person draft is a win.
Whoever is left out of Zion, Barrett or Morant would be fine by me. I also really like Jarett Culver but I doubt we reach for him at 3.

Pick three in a three player draft is fine. It's not Zion, but it'll work out. Maybe it'll be part of a package for AD - as long as we keep Robinson and DSJ.

Pick three in a three player draft is fine. It's not Zion, but it'll work out. Maybe it'll be part of a package for AD - as long as we keep Robinson and DSJ.

DSJ isn’t that good. Mitch Robinson is the only player I’d keep. The Pels playing hardball with the Lakers won’t last anyway as the Lakers can offer way better talent & Pick 4. AD will get to LA.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DSJ isn’t that good. Mitch Robinson is the only player I’d keep. The Pels playing hardball with the Lakers won’t last anyway as the Lakers can offer way better talent & Pick 4. AD will get to LA.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I tend to think LA's young talent is a bit overrated & a lot of them are very injury prone.
I personally wouldn't be selling the farm to get AD when he's a FA next year. I'd only take him if the price was right & I'm more than happy to hang on to Barrett if he's the player we select. It'd be a very Knicks thing to do to give up every valuable asset we have for the next 3 years.

Good points on DSJ. There's a reason I listed him after Big Meech (who is the only current young player I would truly be disappointed to see go) - but it'd be just that, disappointment. Clearly, AD > anyone currently on the list/anyone's current potential. And Kyrie (if we get him) does make DSJ superfluous.

Just don't like the idea of another Melo situation where we gut the entirety of the team's youth instead of waiting a year and getting him through free agency. Of course, if Durant says "get Kyrie or AD or I don't come" then clearly we make it happen no matter the cost. Also I doubt AD sits idle at the Pels for another year, so waiting isn't really an option. Tough spot.

Good points on DSJ. There's a reason I listed him after Big Meech (who is the only current young player I would truly be disappointed to see go) - but it'd be just that, disappointment. Clearly, AD > anyone currently on the list/anyone's current potential. And Kyrie (if we get him) does make DSJ superfluous.

Just don't like the idea of another Melo situation where we gut the entirety of the team's youth instead of waiting a year and getting him through free agency. Of course, if Durant says "get Kyrie or AD or I don't come" then clearly we make it happen no matter the cost. Also I doubt AD sits idle at the Pels for another year, so waiting isn't really an option. Tough spot.
I agree. If we can't get him for a fair price this off season then walk away & have a crack when he's a free agent. Hopefully we get Kyrie & KD this off season & along with the drafting of Barrett that would be the best off-seasons the team has had in a long, long time. That team would push to win the eastern conference even without AD.

What now that KD has fd his leg?
How long will the recovery be? ESPN is reporting it will be a 12 month injury...
Are we going to end up with Butler and Walker..?
Id love Kawhi but i doubt he wants to come east

What now that KD has fd his leg?
How long will the recovery be? ESPN is reporting it will be a 12 month injury...
Are we going to end up with Butler and Walker..?
Id love Kawhi but i doubt he wants to come east

12 months essentially
He will opt in for his 1 year deal at GSW then get a 4 year max
If we get Butler and Walker then just burn the place down
I’m happy to keep RJ or trade him for AD, either way it’s going to be good for us
Just don’t throw the 2 max deals at players not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 months essentially
He will opt in for his 1 year deal at GSW then get a 4 year max
If we get Butler and Walker then just burn the place down
I’m happy to keep RJ or trade him for AD, either way it’s going to be good for us
Just don’t throw the 2 max deals at players not worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im relatively new to following the NBA closely.
Do we actually need to spend all the $$ and give the 2 max spots?
Do you think we will still go for Kyrie?

Im relatively new to following the NBA closely.
Do we actually need to spend all the $$ and give the 2 max spots?
Do you think we will still go for Kyrie?
You dont have to sign people to the 2 max spots, still have to have the rosters filled but you dont need to sign them long term for max money etc
I dont want Kyrie, injury prone and s**t attitude, he wants to go to Brooklyn anyways.
I dont think Kemba comes either, leaves too much money on the table in Charlotte, if they offer it

You dont have to sign people to the 2 max spots, still have to have the rosters filled but you dont need to sign them long term for max money etc
I dont want Kyrie, injury prone and **** attitude, he wants to go to Brooklyn anyways.
I dont think Kemba comes either, leaves too much money on the table in Charlotte, if they offer it
What do you think we will do then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back