The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK
What do you think we will do then?
Old school Knicks management would throw the coin at Butler and Harris. Im hoping the new guys aren't like that
I think if they can, the Knicks will trade Barrett to NO for Davis and hope to land a couple FA's to play with him

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Old school Knicks management would throw the coin at Butler and Harris. Im hoping the new guys aren't like that
I think if they can, the Knicks will trade Barrett to NO for Davis and hope to land a couple FA's to play with him
Id love to draft RJ, sign Walker and go all in for Kawhi. Walker is under rated IMO.
I dont want Kyrie

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Id love to draft RJ, sign Walker and go all in for Kawhi. Walker is under rated IMO.
I dont want Kyrie
I would take Kawai over anyone but i dont think he wants the east coast.
RJ is gonna be a stud in the NBA, i follow Duke so i watched him a lot and he is made for the NBA.
Walker is a stud, the only thing that worries me is he is 30 and he will want 5 years.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Dallas Cowboys
Im relatively new to following the NBA closely.
Do we actually need to spend all the $$ and give the 2 max spots?
Do you think we will still go for Kyrie?
If they don't get who they want this offseason then they'll most likely fill their cap with one years deals then go again next off season. The other alternative would be to fill their cap space by taking on expiring contracts in trades that are attached with some other decent assets.

Hopefully they still sign KD & then aim to attract another key free agent next off season to pair with him once he's back. Another year of development into Knox, Robinson, DSJ & Barrett will do a world of good.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I would take Kawai over anyone but i dont think he wants the east coast.
RJ is gonna be a stud in the NBA, i follow Duke so i watched him a lot and he is made for the NBA.
Walker is a stud, the only thing that worries me is he is 30 and he will want 5 years.
We could only offer him 4 years - Charlotte is the only team that can give him 5.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
sooo..we hope for Zion...thats not gonna happen
KD & Kyrie....thats not gonna happen
KD...most likely not gonna happen...
where to from here? draft RJ and go hard for Kawhi?

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
sooo..we hope for Zion...thats not gonna happen
KD & Kyrie....thats not gonna happen
KD...most likely not gonna happen...
where to from here? draft RJ and go hard for Kawhi?
Kawhai is either staying in Toronto or going to the Clippers.
Draft RJ and dont blow max money on players not worth the max
I'd still offer KD the max and hope for the best, you still need to make the offer. Being he isn't a skywalker type player he could be one of the few to come back ok from it.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Kawhai is either staying in Toronto or going to the Clippers.
Draft RJ and dont blow max money on players not worth the max
I'd still offer KD the max and hope for the best, you still need to make the offer. Being he isn't a skywalker type player he could be one of the few to come back ok from it.
I think they should go for Walker and Butler.
Butler is a hard arse that not everyone likes but i love how competitive he is.
He would be great to teach the young guys IMO. Could go both ways though which is the risk

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I think they should go for Walker and Butler.
Butler is a hard arse that not everyone likes but i love how competitive he is.
He would be great to teach the young guys IMO. Could go both ways though which is the risk
Does Walker and Butler get you to the Conf finals? If not then i can't see why you would waste cap space on them. We have made that mistake too many times.
Im not against Walker though, he is a star. Butler is a cancer.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Does Walker and Butler get you to the Conf finals? If not then i can't see why you would waste cap space on them. We have made that mistake too many times.
Im not against Walker though, he is a star. Butler is a cancer.
Dont you think we should be just trying to make the playoffs first before trying to make the conf finals?

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
This off-season already looks like a massive failure for us & it hasn't even officially started. The Durant injury really complicated things but it seems we've lost out on Irving without even throwing a punch. This front office is horrible & I really don't think we move forward until they're out.
Seems like we're heading into another season putting hope into young guys but it will turn into yet another tank by the halfway mark of the season.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
This off-season already looks like a massive failure for us & it hasn't even officially started. The Durant injury really complicated things but it seems we've lost out on Irving without even throwing a punch. This front office is horrible & I really don't think we move forward until they're out.
Seems like we're heading into another season putting hope into young guys but it will turn into yet another tank by the halfway mark of the season.
DSJ, RJ, Knox, Vonleh and Robinson as the starting 5 next year haha?

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
DSJ, RJ, Knox, Vonleh and Robinson as the starting 5 next year haha?
Yep exactly. It'll be good for a few highlights but that team will have a bottom 5 record. The only hope is that RJ does a Doncic & DSJ does a D'angelo Russell & becomes an all star haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Butler is tainted goods so he's a nope for me.

I'd be happy with Durant only.

He would be the perfect mentor I reckon for the kids we have.

DSJ seems our only locker room ball dominant pain in the backside so he would have to cede to Durant in that respect and hopefully it humbles him a little.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams

DSJ seems our only locker room ball dominant pain in the backside so he would have to cede to Durant in that respect and hopefully it humbles him a little.
I think drafting Barrett & signing KD would be the way to go this off season. It lets KD recover with no pressure & gives all the kids one more year of development. Fill out the roster with veterans on one year contracts & have a crack at another big fish at the end of the season to be ready to play when KD is back.

& yeah I agree it's a massive no on Butler.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants

Butler has a winning attitude and makes the young guys take responsibility eg Towns & Wiggins.
They fell out because they didnt work as hard as Butler

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Butler has a winning attitude and makes the young guys take responsibility eg Towns & Wiggins.
They fell out because they didnt work as hard as Butler

Butler's fire and brimstone mentality seems at odds with the type of coach Fizdale is and the way he fosters growth from the youngsters.

Butler needs and established (older) roster around him that are ready to compete.

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dont you think we should be just trying to make the playoffs first before trying to make the conf finals?
Nope, no point throwing max dollars at guys who aren't worth max to scrape in the playoffs and get bounced.
Don't want another 5 years of nothingness

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
so what do you think we will do?
Sign KD then just keep the rest of the cash in the bank?
you have to spend a certain amount of the cap so im all for signing KD to a max deal and then signing someone to max money for a season but not for 4-5 years
Next year could be another tanking year and try and get a good draft pick, game time for RJ and Knox and Robinson to develop. I'd rather that again then do a Amare situation again

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
If Barrett is an alpha dog as the scouting reports say he is, perhaps Jimmy Butler wouldn't be the worst guy to pair with him.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It wont happen but I'd love for us to bunch a few future firsts together to trade for the 4th pick & grab Garland as well. I have a feeling he could be a very special player.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It wont happen but I'd love for us to bunch a few future firsts together to trade for the 4th pick & grab Garland as well. I have a feeling he could be a very special player.

Won't be happening now that Atlanta have grabbed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back