The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

Franchise is a joke top to bottom

Absolute shitshow, Roster is the biggest collection of misfits I’ve ever seen and they might just be the worst roster in the history of the NBA

We will ruin Barrett like we done to many

Fizdale isn’t the problem, Popovich couldnt coach these blokes to play winning basketball

We genuinely have no PG who is running the floor, it’s some of the worst basketball I’ve seen watching years of the nba

Done with them

I can't believe how dumb the knicks front office is. Im not a knicks fan, or a fan of any particular team, but it would drive me up the wall as a knicks fan with how incompetent they are.

Why would you not just hold the cap space, go into the season with RJ, Frank, Knox, Robinson, and the existing guys who were contracted, and just hold the cap space.

There is so much that happens during the year, there are always teams who just want to dump cap space and attach assets in order to do so. Golden State already did it with igoudala

They were going to suck either way.

Everyone blames Dolan, and he is obviously an insufferable flog.

But I still keep hearing some (not necessarily here) knicks fans say 2 really dumb things
- This roster could be ok/better than what they are at the moment
- The Knicks can't afford to tank.

First of all, the roster is atrocious. Everyone was laughing at their signings for a reason.

And the Knicks are probably one of only a few teams that actually can afford to tank and tank hard.

Tanking, in itself, is overrated. Being bad in order to get one draft pick is a highway to nowhere. But it can be very successful if you take advantage of all your leverage. Primarily being a team that other teams use to dump cap space. Hinkie and Philly was an absolute genius at it.

Instead they are just wasting another year.

I can't believe how dumb the knicks front office is. Im not a knicks fan, or a fan of any particular team, but it would drive me up the wall as a knicks fan with how incompetent they are.

Why would you not just hold the cap space, go into the season with RJ, Frank, Knox, Robinson, and the existing guys who were contracted, and just hold the cap space.

There is so much that happens during the year, there are always teams who just want to dump cap space and attach assets in order to do so. Golden State already did it with igoudala

They were going to suck either way.

Everyone blames Dolan, and he is obviously an insufferable flog.

But I still keep hearing some (not necessarily here) knicks fans say 2 really dumb things
- This roster could be ok/better than what they are at the moment
- The Knicks can't afford to tank.

First of all, the roster is atrocious. Everyone was laughing at their signings for a reason.

And the Knicks are probably one of only a few teams that actually can afford to tank and tank hard.

Tanking, in itself, is overrated. Being bad in order to get one draft pick is a highway to nowhere. But it can be very successful if you take advantage of all your leverage. Primarily being a team that other teams use to dump cap space. Hinkie and Philly was an absolute genius at it.

Instead they are just wasting another year.
There not even letting RJ close out games etc, or giving big minutes to Robinson, Knox, etc to see if these guys are legit

Letting randle and Morris close out games when they won’t be there next year or in 2 years is just stupid decision making

There a joke

There not even letting RJ close out games etc, or giving big minutes to Robinson, Knox, etc to see if these guys are legit

Letting randle and Morris close out games when they won’t be there next year or in 2 years is just stupid decision making

There a joke

randle and, to a lesser extent, morris I kind of get.

There is a possible scenario where the Randle signing ended up being really good. He might still be okay.

Morris is okay as well. He might actually have some positive trade value before the deadline. Not massive, but possibly gets a late first from a contender in a trade.

But they have to be playing those younger guys 25+ mins

The other insane ones for me were portis and gibson. just ridiculous. who in their right mind pays bobby portis $15 mil a year just to clog your roster.

if they just left that cap space, at least there would be a resemblance of a plan and some hope for the fans. Who knows what happens in the next 4 months.

They could probably have chris paul plus a draft pick from okc.

As soon as mid December hits the Knicks roster will look a lot different. Players will be shipped once the clauses expire.
I like Morris as a player but he has stagnated the development of Knox. Gibson is taking starting mins from Robinson but also Robinson has to take some ownership with getting into foul trouble consistently.
Even starting Frank is pointless unless they are trying to get some trade value for him. Man taking him over Mitchell stings badly.
The blessing is we will be in the bottom couple by seasons end and have another top 3 pick

As soon as mid December hits the Knicks roster will look a lot different. Players will be shipped once the clauses expire.
I like Morris as a player but he has stagnated the development of Knox. Gibson is taking starting mins from Robinson but also Robinson has to take some ownership with getting into foul trouble consistently.
Even starting Frank is pointless unless they are trying to get some trade value for him. Man taking him over Mitchell stings badly.
The blessing is we will be in the bottom couple by seasons end and have another top 3 pick

the problem is, everyone assumes the terrible decisions will suddenly stop.

For some reason 'now' they will start doing smart things ...

Early draft picks haven't exactly turned us around in recent seasons have they...

the problem is, everyone assumes the terrible decisions will suddenly stop.

For some reason 'now' they will start doing smart things ...

They won't stop while they have Dolan there and while this current management is running things.

Early draft picks haven't exactly turned us around in recent seasons have they...
They haven't but you can't expect players like Robinson, Knox etc to turn everything around.
We stole Robinson, RJ is gonna be a player and Knox has serious potential. We have some good kids. It's whats around them that's the issue.

They won't stop while they have Dolan there and while this current management is running things.

They haven't but you can't expect players like Robinson, Knox etc to turn everything around.
We stole Robinson, RJ is gonna be a player and Knox has serious potential. We have some good kids. It's whats around them that's the issue.
It's also management that ships them out and the slightest inconvenience. We drafted a unicorn and a genuine bright star potential and then traded him away only a few seasons later.

It's also management that ships them out and the slightest inconvenience. We drafted a unicorn and a genuine bright star potential and then traded him away only a few seasons later.
I have no issue with trading Porzingis after it was known he wasn't going to be staying. Had to get something for him and the cap space we saved was great even though it was our fault spending that cap.

I have no issue with trading Porzingis after it was known he wasn't going to be staying. Had to get something for him and the cap space we saved was great even though it was our fault spending that cap.
The trade made perfect sense but the reason it came about is the part that makes me hesitant to trust that the young guys now will want to stick around.

The trade made perfect sense but the reason it came about is the part that makes me hesitant to trust that the young guys now will want to stick around.
I think RJ will, the way he talks i think he will but the rest who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re actually half competent with a squad that’s starting to gel and a ******* coach with a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If u added a 20-25 pt scoring guard they are a 7-8 team in the East

That's this year's draft hopefully. Hope Morris stays. Randle might fetch us a first with a contender if he can sustain his current run of decent form.

That's this year's draft hopefully. Hope Morris stays. Randle might fetch us a first with a contender if he can sustain his current run of decent form.
If u can get a first rounder before the deadline for Morris think he goes

I’m still of the belief if we can can package those Mavs picks and a couple of futures along with Robinson we could maybe grab a disgruntled star like KAT

Or maybe even Russell for a couple of future firsts

If u can get a first rounder before the deadline for Morris think he goes

I’m still of the belief if we can can package those Mavs picks and a couple of futures along with Robinson we could maybe grab a disgruntled star like KAT

Or maybe even Russell for a couple of future firsts

I'd rather D'Lo.

Evening couple of quick questions.

Why trade Randle, he’s playing well.

Do we stick with the Ntilikina/Payton combo or look to upgrade.

Who should we target to replace Gibson as the back up Centre next year.

What’s DSJ worth.

And is keeping Morris only going to stagnate Knox’s career.

Who should we take in the draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Evening couple of quick questions.

Why trade Randle, he’s playing well.

Do we stick with the Ntilikina/Payton combo or look to upgrade.

Who should we target to replace Gibson as the back up Centre next year.

What’s DSJ worth.

And is keeping Morris only going to stagnate Knox’s career.

Who should we take in the draft.

If u can get a first rounder for him I think you have to take it

We aren’t contending in the near future so any first rounder you can get u gotta take

Think Morris is gone by the deadline and will net us a first rounder and give more time to Knox which is a bonus

DSJ is a bust IMO

Frank has played well of late but think his ceiling is a back up who can play 15 mins off the bench. Seems to have good chemistry with Robinson

We need a franchise PG or SG, haven’t really looked through the mocks but that would have to be the priority one would think

What do you think of trading Morris and Smith Jnr to Milwaukee for Bledsoe & their 1st rounder.

We get a instant upgrade at Point Guard , Kevin Knox gets game time and a future pick to help build for the future.

Then try and get Morris back as a free agent, hopefully as a back up if Knox goes well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back