The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
It’s been quite in here...
Neon Leon rumoured to be the next prez.
What do people think about that?

on a side note today we had our 4th win in a row....what’s the bet we end up with a better record than last year but get the #1 pick after missing on Zion last year

LRobbo

All Australian
Jan 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Massive Knicks fan here, only just stumbled onto this thread.
Mike Miller clearly coaching to win and get the gig full time. Players mostly on one year contracts trying to get paid this off season.
It’s making for an interesting albeit standard disappointing season.
Glad they moved on Morris, got a first rounder for him which is what the plan would’ve been when signing him.
Like to see Knox given more mins as there’s evident talent just needs to improve on the defensive side of the rock.

As for off the court, Steve Stoute brought in to fix the Knicks image and branding is well over due.
Been to 25+ Knick games at the garden over 10 years and the fan base hasn’t changed, still want Dolan to sell.
He’s not going to sell but hopefully Stoute can tidy things up, did great things in Brooklyn and the Barclays match day experience is better than the current Knicks one as much as it pains me to say.
Leon Rose looking to make a splash with the coaching decision this off season. Mark Jackson, Tom Thibedou or Jeff Van Gundy loom large.
Love talking Knicks so glad to have found this

Massive Knicks fan here, only just stumbled onto this thread.
Mike Miller clearly coaching to win and get the gig full time. Players mostly on one year contracts trying to get paid this off season.
It’s making for an interesting albeit standard disappointing season.
Glad they moved on Morris, got a first rounder for him which is what the plan would’ve been when signing him.
Like to see Knox given more mins as there’s evident talent just needs to improve on the defensive side of the rock.

As for off the court, Steve Stoute brought in to fix the Knicks image and branding is well over due.
Been to 25+ Knick games at the garden over 10 years and the fan base hasn’t changed, still want Dolan to sell.
He’s not going to sell but hopefully Stoute can tidy things up, did great things in Brooklyn and the Barclays match day experience is better than the current Knicks one as much as it pains me to say.
Leon Rose looking to make a splash with the coaching decision this off season. Mark Jackson, Tom Thibedou or Jeff Van Gundy loom large.
Love talking Knicks so glad to have found this
Welcome brother.

Alcred76

Senior List
Jul 2, 2014
Welcome brother.

Welcome, but instead of just giving players like Knox game time, the Knicks need to set up the pathways right.

We’ve seen almost every young player go backwards by being thrown in the deep end, loose confidence, then end up on the bench, hopefully the Knicks can take note of how Iggy Brazdekias has progressed through the G League this year.

Just imagine if Knox was getting 40 mins in the G League, he would have been dominated and would have stepped straight back into the Knicks set up, when Marcus Morris was traded with full confidence.

We could have had Dennis Smith Junior back there trying to regain his mojo, surely it’s better than just sitting him on the bench.

I understand Mike Miller has more chance of winning and keeping his job by playing the vets, but I don’t see the point of just letting the young talent stagnate on the bench, they need to develop.

Thoughts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Welcome, but instead of just giving players like Knox game time, the Knicks need to set up the pathways right.

We’ve seen almost every young player go backwards by being thrown in the deep end, loose confidence, then end up on the bench, hopefully the Knicks can take note of how Iggy Brazdekias has progressed through the G League this year.

Just imagine if Knox was getting 40 mins in the G League, he would have been dominated and would have stepped straight back into the Knicks set up, when Marcus Morris was traded with full confidence.

We could have had Dennis Smith Junior back there trying to regain his mojo, surely it’s better than just sitting him on the bench.

I understand Mike Miller has more chance of winning and keeping his job by playing the vets, but I don’t see the point of just letting the young talent stagnate on the bench, they need to develop.

Thoughts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DSJ doesn't have the character to accept being moved back to the G League. Yes, he's not playing many mins, but the G League he would feel is totally below him. Very diva-ish personality. He needs to accept his role off the bench and should look to emulate someone like Dennis Schroeder at OKC (understanding that Schroeder is a much better shot). I don't think Knox is worth persisting with long term. I'd like to see iggy get minutes in the NBA to round out the year.

I agree that we aren't the most ideal landing spot for players who aren't naturally confident, like Ntillikina & Knox. Their confidence was decimated in about a month straight up and had to rebuild it on top of improving their games.

It makes me sick that the Dubs wrote the season off from the start, only had to play half of it and will rock up draft day and have a very fair chance of getting Wiseman at #1.

I dunno who we need to pick at what spot as we have so many areas of need.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
DSJ doesn't have the character to accept being moved back to the G League. Yes, he's not playing many mins, but the G League he would feel is totally below him. Very diva-ish personality. He needs to accept his role off the bench and should look to emulate someone like Dennis Schroeder at OKC (understanding that Schroeder is a much better shot). I don't think Knox is worth persisting with long term. I'd like to see iggy get minutes in the NBA to round out the year.

I agree that we aren't the most ideal landing spot for players who aren't naturally confident, like Ntillikina & Knox. Their confidence was decimated in about a month straight up and had to rebuild it on top of improving their games.

It makes me sick that the Dubs wrote the season off from the start, only had to play half of it and will rock up draft day and have a very fair chance of getting Wiseman at #1.

I dunno who we need to pick at what spot as we have so many areas of need.
It’s been said they won’t take Wiseman. They will take Edwards if they get 1.
They arnt a fan of Ball either

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Dallas Cowboys
Whats the consensus on who we should draft?
Seems a PG is the route they'll take & that's fair enough.

I like Haliburton at this stage if the draft order stays the same. Can shoot, amazing passer & can play off the ball sharing lead guard duties with RJ. That forms a very big, defensively capable back court. Seems the safest pick.

There's noise of us trading up to get Ball which makes me nervous, no doubt he has talent but his outside shot scares me not to mention his dad.

It's a shame Cole Anthony's year didn't get as planned, local boy who would electrify the garden. I still like him & who knows what his year would have looked like if he wasn't being forced to play hero ball in an awful team.

I also think that if we hit the jackpot & get the top pick I'd take Edwards & then try to sign VanVleet to run point.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Thoughts on Thibs being the favourite to become the new hc?

I actually like our interim coach.

No nonsense, no ego, hardworking.

Thibs has history and was pretty well credentialled.

Guess we'll have a white guy either way.

Couldn't be worse than Kurt Rambis.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fisted yet again. This system seems fair to everyone but us. How can we slide every bloody year??

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I have absolutely no expectations for this pick being any better than Kevin ******* Knox.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
We'll likely trade away too much too and move up in a ******* weak draft class.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
We need this guy on the board at #8.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I have absolutely no expectations for this pick being any better than Kevin ******* Knox.
On the bright side the top 10 is pretty even. Average, but even.
I'm glad we won't be pressured into Lamelo now. I'm hoping Haliburton gets to us.

Back