The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Just watched the replay from this morning with the Celtics commentary instead of ours.

fu**en glorious to listen to those shitbags lament the ball not bouncing their way.

They were positive about Quickley, I grant them that, but still your usual amount ref sooking for missed calls against the C's.

Highly enjoyable if you get the chance fellas :thumbsu:
Depending on how the game goes against the Magic, I may actually do this.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
D-Rose and IQ off the bench is a force. Best part about it is that it's made Peyton lift his game as the starter.

Agreed.

Seems to working well so far although IQ seems a streaky type of shooter. Pleasing to see the Knicks sharing footage of him working on his game at 2am after a match about a month ago.

Toppin could get a little more use on offense as he's a walking bucket, but better to ease him in than give him the keys to run the offense right through him at the PF spot as we do with Randle in the starting unit.

I wouldn't be upset if we gave Randle what he wanted financially, kept him around for a few years and built around this.

Agreed.

Seems to working well so far although IQ seems a streaky type of shooter. Pleasing to see the Knicks sharing footage of him working on his game at 2am after a match about a month ago.

Toppin could get a little more use on offense as he's a walking bucket, but better to ease him in than give him the keys to run the offense right through him at the PF spot as we do with Randle in the starting unit.

I wouldn't be upset if we gave Randle what he wanted financially, kept him around for a few years and built around this.
Absolutely agree with all of this. Toppin looks good when he's in with the second unit, but not quite a #1 scorer. Looks a beast in the post though, really works it well.

As for IQ's shooting, it is a bit streaky, yes, but his vision and passing are great. Gets to the free throw line often and is the best FT shooter in the league right now. D-Rose looking ageless as well.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Agreed.

If they let randle* (4 m guaranteed, next season, I think...) go, they have about 90 million cap room to play with.. contracted next season; only about 20mill

Quickly
RJB.
knox
Toppin
Robinson (option)

Assume rose they want to keep $$ ??

Last edited:

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
If they let randle go they have about 90 million cap room to play with.. contracted next season; only about 20mill

Quickly
RJB.
knox
Toppin
Robinson (option)

Assume rose they want to keep $$ ??

Knox is hardly in the rotation after starting the season pretty well.

Looking at the free agent list and I'm not sure who fits best.

We can't afford Kawhi. Chris Paul would be ok, but then I'm not sure much else works.

We can't afford Kawhi. Chris Paul would be ok, but then I'm not sure much else works.
We could do with a Centre that can consistently score in the post.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

If randle is let go you can afford 2 or 3 kawhi ?

There is only the kids contracted.

I assume the clips and nets big fish want to stay in those cities

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love this team

Randle gives everything, IQ is a star and team is playing hard on defense every night

If we could somehow package Knox, Frank and that Dallas future pick, and a couple of picks for Beal I would be froffing

Exact type of player we need

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I love this team

Randle gives everything, IQ is a star and team is playing hard on defense every night

If we could somehow package Knox, Frank and that Dallas future pick, and a couple of picks for Beal I would be froffing

Exact type of player we need

Isn't he out of contract?

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Randle going beast mode today was good viewing. 17 points in the first quarter really set the game up for us.

We shot a crazy clip from deep. Quickley continues to impress.

I'm not sure I feel about this whole competent drafting thing. Feels strange.

We shot a crazy clip from deep. Quickley continues to impress.

I'm not sure I feel about this whole competent drafting thing. Feels strange.
It’s a strange change of pace from the usual draft duds once every 7 years when we actually have a pick, but it seems to be working.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
* this Quickley loser.

0/7

What the * were our recruiting staff thinking?

fu** this Quickley loser.

0/7

What the fu** were our recruiting staff thinking?
Rose and IQ combining for 2/22 was somewhat of a disappointment.

Back