The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Knox guaranteed Star after that Kid Booed and Cried Again:straining:

Be pleasing to see that clueless kid and his bum of a dad both in a Knox jersey booing another star at the 2019 draft :thumbsu:

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Also Mods, with us having a heap of slow, long players and a heap of accumulated wealth, can we change the thread title to something along the lines of ... 'Welcome to Fort Knox' or some s**t.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Dallas Cowboys
Like the way we played after the 1st qtr.
Knox looks good, just needs to work on his FT's.
Vonleh could be a great pick up.
Hardaway was insane.
Hardaway was on fire!

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
So we rolled out ...

Ntillikina
Trier
Dotson
Vonleah
Robinson

... as our starting 5 today and pushed the Bulls.

I recognise Kanter came in and played big minutes, but this team of kids isn't too ******* bad all things considered.

Let's sit back, relax, enjoy the tank for the rest of the year but also keep an eye on that Duke team that's taking the court tomorrow at 3:00pm and those top 3 prospects ;)

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK
So we rolled out ...

Ntillikina
Trier
Dotson
Vonleah
Robinson

... as our starting 5 today and pushed the Bulls.

I recognise Kanter came in and played big minutes, but this team of kids isn't too ******* bad all things considered.

Let's sit back, relax, enjoy the tank for the rest of the year but also keep an eye on that Duke team that's taking the court tomorrow at 3:00pm and those top 3 prospects ;)

If we got Williamson I’d blow my load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Surprisingly IMO, the 5-man line-up of Burke/Hardaway/Hezonja/Vonleh/Kanter apparently hasn't played a single minute together so far this year.

It might be controversial (I'm guessing people will think the line-up is too weak defensively) and too slow and "traditional" for today's NBA, but I'd be going with that as my main starting 5 if I was coaching the Knicks right now.

Also, I don't get the intense hatred of Kanter. Yeah, he's a poor defender for a big, but surely his strengths outweigh his weaknesses, or at least make up for them and can be worked around.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
An interesting read on Super Mario here with a few vids of him knocking down long 3s and some sweet dunks in transition ...

http://www.alotofbasketball.com/home/mario-hezonjas-fit-with-the-knicks

Underrated pick up here. He's been at a s**t fight of an organisation who gave him limited playing time then called him a bust.
I was stoked when we signed him. We're slowly collecting lottery picks from that draft - Mudiay, KP & Hezonja so far.

Hezonja was touted pre-draft as a smooth Tracy McGrady-type big guard/perimeter swingman, but has weirdly played a fair chunk of his career minutes (32% overall, and 56% over the last two seasons, according to Basketball Reference) at the 4 position. When I queried this with Magic fans last season, it was indicated that this is where he's been most effective, however it would still be good to see him get a solid run at the 2/3 spots, just to see what he can actually do there, without the rebounding and defensive responsibilities that come with playing the 4.

Jun 18, 2008
Hewett, Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
MUFC,BristolR, GB,Duke,LAA,NYK
Surprisingly IMO, the 5-man line-up of Burke/Hardaway/Hezonja/Vonleh/Kanter apparently hasn't played a single minute together so far this year.

It might be controversial (I'm guessing people will think the line-up is too weak defensively) and too slow and "traditional" for today's NBA, but I'd be going with that as my main starting 5 if I was coaching the Knicks right now.

Also, I don't get the intense hatred of Kanter. Yeah, he's a poor defender for a big, but surely his strengths outweigh his weaknesses, or at least make up for them and can be worked around.
Kanter off the bench for me, Robinson gets in foul trouble but his energy with Vonleh is great. Get mins into him and Kanter off the bench has been great against the 2nd string of other sides

Back