2nds The Official Northern Blues Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought your 2013 assessment was a bit harsh harks :p

You can only call it as you see it.
The kid was a laughing stock for some of the boys and I'm not kidding.
He couldn't kick nor handball at the level that was going around, but he did show determination through a tough period.

Wouldn't mind hearing from Bucks himself as I think that he may well have thought that this caper was well over his head.
Clearly it isn't and good on him for that.

Disappointing to see some of our players just not wanting to get their own ball.
Sadly Lucas is one of them.

Agree that Lucas was disappointing, in his third season he should finding stepping back to this level, the opportunity to get some high numbers, Watson also continues to look like he is not progressing as quickly as we would hope.

On a positive note Buckley with a good pre-season and some weights looks to be a definite senior player in 2013/14.

Werribee Tigers 13.15-93 def.Northern Blues 12.7-79
Best Players: A. Marcon, B. Bransgrove, J. Bootsma, M. Carter, D. Buckley, K. Lambert
Goals - Buckley 4, Thomas 2, Totevski 2, McLean, Burgess, Lucas and Dorman 1 each.
RiverRodent said:
In the early game, ROK did enough to suggest he will be ready for the senior VFL team very soon. Bray flashed in occasionally. Lodge was quite effective and had lots of opportunities playing in defence.

Mitchell played and was able to lift his arms above his shoulders so that's a start. Very big unit but looked sluggish and missed a relatively easy set shot at goals with one of the ugliest kicks I have ever seen. I will wait for several weeks to get more of a picture but I was disappointed with one aspect of his game - that being that he tried to push his opponent out of every marking contest and seemed a bit one dimensional - at least he is playing.

Werribee Tigers 5.2 10.6 16.11 29.17 (191)
Northern Blues 2.4 4.5 5.7 5.8 (38)

GOALS: Northern Blues: Bray 2 Yelland Valladares Coles

BEST: Northern Blues: Jenkins Atta O'Keeffe McCann Wilson Lincoln

ryan o'keefe stared in the 2nds,wasn't hard when you lsoe by 100 points... the byes ain't helping his chances...

dale was outstanding, buckley got hurt,a heavy knock..kerr got plenty of cheap ball then got showed up by a 17 year old... mclaren turned the ball over badly ...
carter did a great job stopping the tigers best player,the kid is the bestin the team with bucks :thumbsu:

Pat McCarthy,McInnes will be fine they got got touched up by players who have had 5 pre seasons to their 2, McInnes is great,his kick at one stage was the best i have seen in the vfl... i would play those two ahead of t-bird

Like the sound of Visser, I'm looking forward to seeing him play next time. We need a developing young ruckman on the list and with continued strong performances he might just earn that spot...

This might sound completely ridiculous but I would not be averse to rewarding Buckley's good performance with a senior game next week. We need to start creating an environment of competition for spots in the seconds - with so many players out injured at the moment, players are just being promoted based out of necessity rather than as a reward for good performance. With no disrespect intended, we are only playing Melbourne, who aren't renowned for their strong bodies, so Buckley would not look totally out of place. Buckley strikes me as the type who will thrive on the bigger stage regardless...

Like others, I'm very concerned by McInnes' stalled development. Injuries curtailed much of his pre-season, when he was condemned to just running laps, and it appears to have come out in his football. Looked a genuine likely type last year, and probably the most 'senior football' ready of our young talls. Has gone backwards.

Great to see O'Keeffe get through in the early game (and the big Squida). O'Keeffe's strong body and good disposal would be an asset for Carlton could he ever get his body right.

Few will agree, but another player that I think has shown glimpses is Bray. His major problem is he simply doesn't find the football anywhere near enough, but what he does do he's pretty good at. Very quick for a tall player, has strong hands, is good on the lead and is generally a very smooth mover. Still so raw and is probably going to be one of the first chopped, unfortunately, but I think Blake has more talent than most give him credit for.

Pat McCarthy is another worrying one. Is getting monstered in defence. For his confidence, perhaps a run on the wing might do him some good?

ryan o'keefe stared in the 2nds,wasn't hard when you lsoe by 100 points... the byes ain't helping his chances...

dale was outstanding, buckley got hurt,a heavy knock..kerr got plenty of cheap ball then got showed up by a 17 year old... mclaren turned the ball over badly ...
carter did a great job stopping the tigers best player,the kid is the bestin the team with bucks :thumbsu:

Pat McCarthy,McInnes will be fine they got got touched up by players who have had 5 pre seasons to their 2, McInnes is great,his kick at one stage was the best i have seen in the vfl... i would play those two ahead of t-bird

That last sentence is surely a joke :confused: Thornton would have stood out in that match as much as Hansen did for them - as being classes above them. Not only did McCarthy get touched up - he did not look to know how to compete against an almost AFL player. What number was McInnes?

buckley has something special and will be a regular in years to come.
bootsma as above.
lucas wont ever be anything special,use for trading at years end.
watson too slow,no intensitygreat kick,wont make the grade.
mclean,its all over.
mcinnes needs more time,gives me hope.
kerr gone at years end.
mcarthy is a real worry i cant see anything to convince me.
joseph belongs at vfl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That last sentence is surely a joke :confused: Thornton would have stood out in that match as much as Hansen did for them - as being classes above them. Not only did McCarthy get touched up - he did not look to know how to compete against an almost AFL player. What number was McInnes?
mcinees 26

Thought Watson was ok in the third quarter which was the only one I saw. Made a couple of very well timed spoils. Does anyone think with his apparent lack of pace that he could become a viable option up forward?

Link
Carlton's father-son selection Dylan Buckley showed plenty for the Northern Blues yesterday with four goals before injuring an ankle in the final term at Werribee.

Blues VFL coach Robert Hyde said Buckley had only ''tweaked'' his ankle. ''We've got a bye next week. If we were to play, he'd be available,'' said Hyde, who believes Buckley could push for an AFL debut later in the season if his form continues. ''Maybe later in the year if he continues to play well. You'd put him on as a sub, I'd reckon, and let him have a taste for it and give him a game.''
Link

The bye is a joke.

We had one two weeks ago.
lucas wont ever be anything special,use for trading at years end.

watson too slow,no intensitygreat kick,wont make the grade.

mcarthy is a real worry i cant see anything to convince me.
Writing off 19 and 20 year olds is poor posting after watching them once or twice to have a small sample of games.

Lucas has shown his ability in senior footy on many occasions.

The other two are KPP who take longer to develop. McCarthy isn't big enough to handle Tarrant and Hansen at 19. The North players were pick 3 and pick 15 respectively, so they have a fair bit of talent. Watson spoiled Tarrant in the third quarter with two huge spoils after closing quickly.

Link
Link

The bye is a joke.

We had one two weeks ago.

Writing off 19 and 20 year olds is poor posting after watching them once or twice to have a small sample of games.

Lucas has shown his ability in senior footy on many occasions.

The other two are KPP who take longer to develop. McCarthy isn't big enough to handle Tarrant and Hansen at 19. The North players were pick 3 and pick 15 respectively, so they have a fair bit of talent. Watson spoiled Tarrant in the third quarter with two huge spoils after closing quickly.
my opinions are mine and nothing you say will change them.
as for kpp taking longer to develop thats a generalisation that is way over used by people that dont get footy,jack darling took one preseason.kpp still have to show at least raw talent in key fundamentals like reading the fall of the ball in marking duels and positioning against oppents bigger or smaller,watch bootsmas positioning and reading of drop zones and youll understand what raw talent he has unlike mcarthy ans watson who have shown me zilch

my opinions are mine and nothing you say will change them.
as for kpp taking longer to develop thats a generalisation that is way over used by people that dont get footy,jack darling took one preseason.kpp still have to show at least raw talent in key fundamentals like reading the fall of the ball in marking duels and positioning against oppents bigger or smaller,watch bootsmas positioning and reading of drop zones and youll understand what raw talent he has unlike mcarthy ans watson who have shown me zilch
You just want to find faults in everyone. They have shown more than you've seen in one game. Watson doesn't have to be ready from day one.
Ryder has had shockers against Warnock and Hampson in previous games, only to bounce back hard this year. It isn't a generalisation. Big players take longer to come on.

How long did Kennedy take compared to Ryder and Clark?

Even Jack Anthony kicked fifty goals before Kennedy.

You just want to find faults in everyone. They have shown more than you've seen in one game. Watson doesn't have to be ready from day one.
Ryder has had shockers against Warnock and Hampson in previous games, only to bounce back hard this year. It isn't a generalisation. Big players take longer to come on.

serious? Will not be kicking another that is for sure

for your info ive seen nb live numerous times.
reid from the swans is good enough to be developing in the firsts,buddy and roughead were straight in as were mitchell clark,hurley jack darling jack rwoldt even nick rwoldt and jonno brown in their day,so if your good enough youll play, watson and mcarthy arent anywhere near it

hansen from north was s**t from day 1 and he always will be,kpps take time is just an excuse you can use for 3 or 4 years just ask luke livingston

for your info ive seen nb live numerous times.
reid from the swans is good enough to be developing in the firsts,buddy and roughead were straight in as were mitchell clark,hurley jack darling jack rwoldt even nick rwoldt and jonno brown in their day,so if your good enough youll play, watson and mcarthy arent anywhere near it
does anybody expect watson to be in the class of those players?perspective

you just refuse to accept that some of our players are duds

does anybody expect watson to be in the class of those players?perspective
jack darling yes,seeing he got picked 8 picks later,reid yes.
and why not anyone else reaching the level of j rwoldt and mitch clark isnt exactly elite status.
the point is watson and mcarthy are barely vfl level they both get smacked week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back