The Official Offseason thread

Should there be another poll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

sfAqSnU.jpg
Rofl :D

I kind of agree on the Shaq thing, but I think there's some truth to it. There really couldn't have been a reason they didn't win in 04-05 and 05-06. Shaq wasn't prime Shaq, but still more than handy and Kobe was hitting his prime. Obviously the ego things were an issue, but in a perfect world they work together just for a while longer. That's 5 rings. In my view, that's a dynasty.

IMO 2004 was it for them, for a range of reasons.

Shaq had a great first year in Miami, but I'm not sure he'd have played to that level had he remained in LA. As it was he and Wade together still weren't enough to win a championship that year either.

All this ties into the major point, which is that the Lakers' supporting cast was done. It was already weakened by 2002, then they lost Horry. They picked up Malone and Payton, but that was a special one-time offer kind of deal. Payton was just another player by 2005 as evidenced by his stint in Boston, Malone retired, ditto Horace Grant, Rick Fox was done. They would have had a hard time retooling while Shaq was under contract for $25 mil per.

If you look at Miami's 2006 team, aside from Wade & Shaq they had Walker, Williams, Haslem, Posey, Payton & Zo. That's the kind of supporting cast the Lakers would have been needing to still win championships, and it just wasn't possible. The Spurs & Suns were prime in 2005 too, let alone 2006.

Do people really argue that the Odom trade hurt the Lakers? I think everyone except for kids would know how important Odom was for the Lakers. I vividly remember the effect him being shipped off to Dallas had on the Lakers.

It's more the "oh if the Lakers hadn't traded Shaq imagine how many more championships they coulda won" nostalgia. They got two championships out of Odom, which probably more than they would've won if they had stuck with Shaq and his bloated contract.

Warriors fans are woat.

Dunno who I hate more current warriors fans or 2011-2014 Heat fans smh..
Nothing compares to the millions of flogs on the Lebron bandwagon who followed him to Miami. The amount of Miami Heat experts suddenly appearing everywhere was a laugh. The Warriors have had Oracle pumping for years, even with some absolutely abysmal rosters being put out.

Warriors fans are woat.

It's amazing how the perception of being a Warriors fan has changed in just 2 years.

I've noticed it when I've told people. It went from being a cool thing, to not so cool thing really quickly.

I got a heap of respect for long time Warrior fans. They've seen some s**t and still turned up to support their team passionately.

It's amazing how the perception of being a Warriors fan has changed in just 2 years.

I've noticed it when I've told people. It went from being a cool thing, to not so cool thing really quickly.

I got a heap of respect for long time Warrior fans. They've seen some s**t and still turned up to support their team passionately.

winning does that to you. when you're a battling team, or one that's exciting on the rise you are lauded and respected. then you're team becomes no 1 and people start picking on you and the team....little things.

It just goes with being at the top. I've found the Warrior fan hating pretty stupid though. I remember seeing a young Curry on One HD (RIP) in 2010 lighting it up at the Oracle. The team was putrid, yet the fans were exactly like they are now.

I've already argued this with multiple people on here but the Warriors are a likeable team, I'd rather people bandwagon them than a 2012 Miami Heat. It changes now with Durant however. The Heat bandwagon I found really annoying. The team itself represented the if you can't beat them join them mentality and there was literally just waves after waves of so called Heat fans. Nothing will sum up that fanbase better than the group of idiots who left that famous game 6 early.

Mainly seems to be Cavs fans, angry as Filipino Kobe fans (they're everywhere on Facebook) and disillusioned Laker fans that crap on about the Warriors anyway.

When the Celtics were a top team most people despised us. Only Laker fans these days still do (and Philly if there's any around). It was completely weird seeing some people rooting for us in the playoffs as the underdog.

I can respect actual fans pre-2012/13. But ones who jumped on the splash bro's wagon can stfu.

Also, with Kevin joining them.. I don't know how you can't hate em.

Yeah being at the top gets you a lot of haters, but the way Curry thinks he's literally Gods gift to basketball.. It's just lame, his whole shimmy gimmick, everything about him. Gaymond, dirty prick. Yeah, just don't like em, never did, even when they were a rising team. I'm just a bonafide hater.

But it's all good, that's what basketballs about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can respect actual fans pre-2012/13. But ones who jumped on the splash bro's wagon can stfu.

Also, with Kevin joining them.. I don't know how you can't hate em.

Yeah being at the top gets you a lot of haters, but the way Curry thinks he's literally Gods gift to basketball.. It's just lame, his whole shimmy gimmick, everything about him. Gaymond, dirty prick. Yeah, just don't like em, never did, even when they were a rising team. I'm just a bonafide hater.

But it's all good, that's what basketballs about.

I started following them at the end of 2011/12 (when Bogut was traded there), so I guess I'm sorta in-between in your love/hate relationship :p

I can understand people don't like Draymond. He's always been that guy you love when he's playing for you, but hate if he's not. Pretty sad you think using the word "Gay" is still insulting in 2016.

Interested to know, with your name/avatar if you followed Jordan when he was playing for the Wizards.

It just goes with being at the top. I've found the Warrior fan hating pretty stupid though. I remember seeing a young Curry on One HD (RIP) in 2010 lighting it up at the Oracle. The team was putrid, yet the fans were exactly like they are now.

I've already argued this with multiple people on here but the Warriors are a likeable team, I'd rather people bandwagon them than a 2012 Miami Heat. It changes now with Durant however. The Heat bandwagon I found really annoying. The team itself represented the if you can't beat them join them mentality and there was literally just waves after waves of so called Heat fans. Nothing will sum up that fanbase better than the group of idiots who left that famous game 6 early.

Mainly seems to be Cavs fans, angry as Filipino Kobe fans (they're everywhere on Facebook) and disillusioned Laker fans that crap on about the Warriors anyway.

When the Celtics were a top team most people despised us. Only Laker fans these days still do (and Philly if there's any around). It was completely weird seeing some people rooting for us in the playoffs as the underdog.

Leaving early is shitty but every fanbase has those. My problem was the "hey! Let us back in! WE PAID GOOD MONEY" crowd. Really embarrassing. I would've been sitting there soaking up every second, even if they had lost and these *s get their hands on tickets.

I started following them at the end of 2011/12 (when Bogut was traded there), so I guess I'm sorta in-between in your love/hate relationship :p

I can understand people don't like Draymond. He's always been that guy you love when he's playing for you, but hate if he's not. Pretty sad you think using the word "Gay" is still insulting in 2016.

Interested to know, with your name/avatar if you followed Jordan when he was playing for the Wizards.
Hmm, that's like one of my mates too, he claims to have joined the Warriors wagon when bogut was traded there but we never saw him actually takin about em or never wore a warriors jersey till 2014-ish haha

Green is just a piece of s**t, those repeated 'accidental' nut shots did it for me... He's a dickhead. Gay? I didnt think it was that serious., I don't even know a gay person who finds that word insulting in 2016, don't know who's feelings your tryna protect.

Yeah I followed Jordan at the Wizards when he had his big 3... Jordan/Hamilton/Kwame
mjlol.png

I only really remember Jordan's last 3 chips and his wizard days, but my dad forced me to follow the lakers despite my mom naming me Jordan.. Guess dad couldn't get her to call me Earvin or 'Magic' haha

Bulls fans that started following Chicago during the Jordan era have no right to give anybody a hard time about bandwagonning......

This is coming from a Miami fan. But I jumped on the wagon during the Rony Seikaly / Glen Rice days!

I think most people like watching the Celtics.
Now maybe because right now they're just a likeable gritty team, but from 2008-2013 they had their fair share of haters. People seemed to enjoy the Lakers/Celtics, Magic/Celtics, Celtics/LeBron rivalries that existed at the time, but there was a fair bit of hatred towards Boston. Garnett copped the exact same stuff Draymond copped now, Rondo was hated on and people started hating Doc a lot.

Warriors fans are woat.

haha but in the warriors defence even before curry became curry the warriors had a great fan base already the bandwagoners jump on a couple of years ago.

Back