The Official Offseason thread

Should there be another poll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

haha but in the warriors defence even before curry became curry the warriors had a great fan base already the bandwagoners jump on a couple of years ago.
Oh, props to the real fans of course.. But I don't respect the people not from Cali who jumped on the wagon with no ties at all to the team. Or who don't even know who a Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin, Jason Richardson or a Baron Davis..

It's the same with any sport or team.. Not just the Warriors.

Warriors fans are woat.

Dunno who I hate more current warriors fans or 2011-2014 Heat fans smh..

I hate this guy more.

beiber.jpg

and people started hating Doc a lot.

C'mon now, you've joined this club too - admit it ;)

Bulls fans that started following Chicago during the Jordan era have no right to give anybody a hard time about bandwagonning......

Any Chicago fans who jumped on have paid for it during the last 18 years, repeatedly.

Amirite stewie griffen ? :rainbow:

I hate this guy more.

beiber.jpg

Any Chicago fans who jumped on have paid for it during the last 18 years, repeatedly.

Amirite stewie griffen ? :rainbow:
I have to watch Franklin the turtle

Kill me

Yeah but I don't think it's even debatable that Doc has become a huge douchebag since joining the Clippers. In Boston he was mainly a sook with refs, and always talked about never losing a series with his starting five. There wasn't really a Doc Rivers hate brigade like there is now.

In LA he has claimed a whole lot of garbage. Comparing DeAndre Jordan to Bill Russell, then totally disrespected the Warriors claiming they were unlucky to miss his choking team in the playoffs and there's more I can't remember of the top of my head. He's become incredibly delusional, and seems to rate his abilities along with the team's quite highly despite winning absolutely nothing since he got there.

Yeah but I don't think it's even debatable that Doc has become a huge douchebag since joining the Clippers. In Boston he was mainly a sook with refs, and always talked about never losing a series with his starting five. There wasn't really a Doc Rivers hate brigade like there is now.

In LA he has claimed a whole lot of garbage. Comparing DeAndre Jordan to Bill Russell, then totally disrespected the Warriors claiming they were unlucky to miss his choking team in the playoffs and there's more I can't remember of the top of my head. He's become incredibly delusional, and seems to rate his abilities along with the team's quite highly despite winning absolutely nothing since he got there.

It's mainly the sooky refs face for me, he's never had a foul called on his team that he's agreed with.

Signing Austin was kinda funny though.

Where's this famed 90s "knock em on their ass if they come inside" defense the olds keep banging on about, all I see is both teams packing the paint and dudes just waltzing in for lay ups. Jordan taking a huge s**t on the Suns tho, his mid range/post game was so pretty.

Where's this famed 90s "knock em on their ass if they come inside" defense the olds keep banging on about, all I see is both teams packing the paint and dudes just waltzing in for lay ups. Jordan taking a huge s**t on the Suns tho, his mid range/post game was so pretty.

Especially given Barkley is the ring leader of that line. Is Sir Charles on the court for defence

Jordan is seriously killing them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it in the past in the unpopular opinion thread, but I've always thought that the "knock them down if they come in the lane" s**t from the 80s and 90s is over-stated. The majority of teams never employed it. And the handful that did weren't doing it every time. Players still only had 6 fouls. They benefited from not many games being telecast, so legends grew. Most games being telecast were playoff games were the intensity rises in any era.

Splash brothers would do some damage out there

It is hilarious hearing the commentators say "Suns got 3 3pt shots in the first half to drop and have not hit any in the second half"

You could say the same about the first 2 minutes of a dubs game

It is hilarious hearing the commentators say "Suns got 3 3pt shots in the first half to drop and have not hit any in the second half"

Jod got upset when I said the 15-16 Dubs would beat the 90s Bulls.

Still stand by it fwiw even though they didn't win.

Y'all have lost it.. they didn't call everything a foul back then, that's why. Splash brothers wouldn't be able to guard Jordan n Pippen tho, Klay could MAYBE guard Pip, but Pips length would close out on Klay and Jordan would probably let Ron Harper guard Curry lel.. Anyway, not keen to get into this debate again.

Look up any Lakers/Celtics, Celtics/Pistons, Bulls/Pistons games from the 80s.

Look up Bulls/Heat, Bulls/Knicks.. In fact, any Bulls playoff series during the 90s if you wanna see that old school, earn your points in the paint basketball.

They're just the ones I remember most.

Hand checking would have made the Splash Brothers far less effective back then.

tonights hardwood classic - suns @ bulls feat horbie grant

Is that the triple overtime game from the '93 Finals? Another Dick Bavetta classic.

I said it in the past in the unpopular opinion thread, but I've always thought that the "knock them down if they come in the lane" s**t from the 80s and 90s is over-stated. The majority of teams never employed it. And the handful that did weren't doing it every time. Players still only had 6 fouls. They benefited from not many games being telecast, so legends grew. Most games being telecast were playoff games were the intensity rises in any era.

It gets confused a bit with how ugly late 90s bball became, particularly in the East. It wasn't just 'physical D', it was sloooooooow paced bore-a-thon.

Guys like Mike Fratello helped set the NBA back five years. Just looking at the stats from 1999 compared to 1993 tells you why.

Y'all have lost it.. they didn't call everything a foul back then, that's why. Splash brothers wouldn't be able to guard Jordan n Pippen tho, Klay could MAYBE guard Pip, but Pips length would close out on Klay and Jordan would probably let Ron Harper guard Curry lel.. Anyway, not keen to get into this debate again.

Not sure why Steph would be guarding Pippen or Jordan.

Fact is no one can guard Jordan. He's GOAT for a reason. But of all the great teams GSW are probably one of the best equipped to do so. Thompson is a great defender. Iggy is one of the best going around. Green is also versatile enough to cause problems.

In regards to the debate. It's the offseason. This is the time to be debating things that can't be answered! :p

Look up any Lakers/Celtics, Celtics/Pistons, Bulls/Pistons games from the 80s.

Look up Bulls/Heat, Bulls/Knicks.. In fact, any Bulls playoff series during the 90s if you wanna see that old school, earn your points in the paint basketball.

They're just the ones I remember most.

You've just picked out the equivalent of a handful of teams (as I said before). There were some tough teams, but not all teams played like that. If you had of watched a random game of say Philly vs Knicks from the 85/86 season there probably was nothing in it.

I didn't watch all the youtube video as I've seen it before, but the ones I watched a lot were called technicals and/or led to ejections etc. That's sort of proof that it didn't happen a lot. Saying you got smashed every time you went in the lane is wrong. It happened a few times at most in a game. And that was only some games and mainly in the playoffs. During the regular season it didn't happen a heap, which is the impression that the guys that played in that era give. Like I said I believe they benefited from the lack of game coverage from back then. Legends grow. Much like people saying Russel use to average 5+ blocks a game. It's probably not true, but without proof either way we will never know and hence legends grow.

Also I lol at people saying how tough defense was in the 80s. I happily admit that come playoff/finals time the intensity picked up, but any random game from the 80s during the season was generally poor defensively. I openly admit that this is a general feel thing from me with limited games watched from that time (as with most people), but I remember watching games where people waltzed to the basket. Okay, maybe once every ten times they got knocked on their ass, but that doesn't all of a sudden make it a "tough" game. 90s was definitely tougher defensively, but still the myth that every point was earned still isn't true.

The sort of exception to the above is the bad boy Pistons. They were the team that did it. But once again, that's one in 25ish teams. They also didn't do it every time, but did do it a lot. Particularly playoff time. I hated it. Looking back I hate it because that team was really talented and would have probably won (or at worst contended) even without the dirty s**t they did. But Pistons were at another level in regards to physical basketball. Stern did the right thing in stopping them play like that.

I hear this all the time and counter with how good would Iggy, Thompson and Green be defensively if they could hand check?

They wouldn't be hand checking jump shooters as much as the reverse. The match up would always come down to which era's rules as both teams are designed for that era obviously and would win.

I watched our championship games not long ago and the hand checking and the pushing on rebounds not being called stood out the most. Also the odd stare down not getting a T was good as well.

It's not just the playoffs n finals tho.. Or not just 80s Pistons. You could pull up any game and clearly see the difference in officiating, in my eyes anyway. My dad says the same, he can't believe all the flopping, weak as piss calls in the paint.. It's just that s**t really. The rules haven't really changed, they've just become way more offense friendly. Just look at the scores of today's game vs the past.., I'm not dismissing the Warriors greatness or the ability to shoot 3s, because it is amazing.

I think at the end of the day tho, if it was; 96 Bulls vs 16 Warriors with 90s calls, the Bulls would win. If it was played in today's game, Warriors would prob outshoot the Bulls - unless the splash bro's have an off day, cos ain't no warrior is out rebounding the worm.

Also, Bill Russell def woulda averaged 5+ blocks a game in his prime... He was a damn beast and way taller than a lot of his opponents. They didn't have players shooting from range, so you literally had to get passed Bill.

Yeah, we need some more rivalries out east.. Can't let Lebron coast to the finals every damn season smh

Back