The Official Offseason thread

Should there be another poll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody really jumped on the Kings during the Adelman years but we played the best basketball a fan could dream of tuning into watch.
I don't think half of Australians would know where Sacramento is to be fair, and 90% of the population would think LA is the capital of Cali.

Nobody really jumped on the Kings during the Adelman years but we played the best basketball a fan could dream of tuning into watch.
I don't think half of Australians would know where Sacramento is to be fair, and 90% of the population would think LA is the capital of Cali.

90% of the rest of the world think Sydney is the capital of Australia!

Before the internet took over the world and social media exploded, it was pretty much the big city teams that got the bandwagoners.

I mean there weren't many 90s Utah bandwagoners. 00s Sacs (as you say). 90s Suns etc.

Now with so much available it's just whoever is good.

Before the internet took over the world and social media exploded, it was pretty much the big city teams that got the bandwagoners.

I mean there weren't many 90s Utah bandwagoners. 00s Sacs (as you say). 90s Suns etc.

90s utah was like watching the timmy D spurs. clockwork. but the 90s were about hip and hop, baggy clothes and cocking wrists while making gang signs with fingers. utah had no such culture. in fact the only african americans in utah were either on the court or on the bench. this did not resonate with the hip and hop culture.

Which jersey number should the LA Lakers retire?

img25419835.jpg

People in the US who knew liked them, partially because they were fun as hell at a time when the league was at its most turgid.

Dunno if that's strictly true, the Charlotte Hornets had a huge cult following in the 90s. Plenty of Orlando fans sprung up overnight too.

Which jersey number should the LA Lakers retire?

img25419835.jpg

I care not which, so long as it's not both.

Wasn't changing to #24 part of the post-Colorado 're-branding' exercise? Seems kinda odd to retire #8 in light of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if that's strictly true, the Charlotte Hornets had a huge cult following in the 90s. Plenty of Orlando fans sprung up overnight too.

Good point. I think back then people also tended to follow teams that had players that were all over the TV (from advertisers). Shaq, Penny and Larry Johnson definitely had that with a number of ads between them. Up to probably Shaq advertisers liked the players from big cities. Shaq sort-of changed that attitude, though it was a bit late for the older guys that were still around (Stockton, Malone, Hakeem etc).

Up to probably Shaq advertisers liked the players from big cities. Shaq sort-of changed that attitude, though it was a bit late for the older guys that were still around (Stockton, Malone, Hakeem etc).

It's true that teams like Indy, Houston, Portland, Utah and San Antonio never really leveraged popular support, out here at least. Lacked sex appeal.

If McGrady had stuck with the Raptors I reckon they would have become the new sexy in the early 2000s.

Cousins and Lawson together. What could possibly go wrong?

To be fair Lawson's problems seem to be off-court, which is not Cousins' issue. The question is: is Lawson in shape?

I don't mind him as backup point guard at all, better then Garret Temple or God forbid Isaiah Cousins backing up Collison.
Low risk medium reward get at best as his best days no matter how recently are gone thanks to nobody but himself.
If Joerger gets the best out of him I'll be really happy.

The roster looks so much more balanced with a backup pg, I can breathe again.

So we've traded 2 2017 2nd rounders to the Nuggets for Joffrey Lauvergne. Can't say Ive seen much of him, although had him early on in MyTeam, and was a beast. But a bit of a head scratcher for our roster seeing as we've got Kanter, Adams, Collison, McGary, Ilyasova, and Sabonis already on the books. Rumours of a Kanter move starting to resurface, don't know who takes him though.

Back