List Mgmt. The Official Playstation Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If GWS trade you pick 6 they cannot trade it back in. I think they should be doing something like this though. No point holding on to pick 6 and have it swallowed by a Green bid.

Correct. This was essentially 'parking picks' and i believe has been banned after Sydney pulled it last year with the Blakey situation.

If GWS trade you pick 6 they cannot trade it back in. I think they should be doing something like this though. No point holding on to pick 6 and have it swallowed by a Green bid.

The only way they'll trade that Pick 6 out is if they can also buy enough late round picks this year to cover a bid for Green.

If they go to another club and offer up their 2020 1st rounder (probably going to end up somewhere in the 15-20 range) then they should be able to bring in some back end 3rd/4th rounds to cover it. Plenty of teams, including Crows, have picks available.

The whatthey can do is trade their 2019 Pick 6 out of the draft to another club, eg Crows, for a high 2020 1st rounder. Crows will be bottom 6, so dealing with us makes sense.

Correct. This was essentially 'parking picks' and i believe has been banned after Sydney pulled it last year with the Blakey situation.

I really like what you're offering to the board. Good posts.

Have we ever had this confirmed in the media? What you've linked is what I'm hoping is true, but there still seems a lot of conjecture.

Can playstation be removed from the thread title so people actually use this thread instead of others?
Getting people to use specific threads is (like our mods have found out :grin:) like herding cats...

giphy-com-life-control-e-gif.776737

MAYBE 14, 17 and 24 for 4 and 49?

Then trade 37 and 45 for 30? Go in with 6, 14, 17, 23, 24, 28 and 30? Dammit - that's ALREADY one too many picks. Maybe the 23 goes to GWS for their future first, depending on the makeup of the trade that got us 6?

Not sure I like that better or not. My feeling is there is a 12 person top tier - but the second tier is actually pretty even as well. Maybe the flatness of the draft means the sweet spot is late teens?

EDIT:

15, 20 and 11 next year?

Then trade 37 and 45 for 30? Go in with 6, 15, 20, 23, 28 and 30? Have 11 in the first round next year, ready for trades ...

15,20 and 11 next year would do it for me. GC have more picks than they know what to do with, and they said they're keen to get higher up the draft.

I wouldn't say no to that trade. GC would be pretty stoked getting their hands on Picks 1,2 & 4. Melbourne might be looking to get back into the 1st round next year. Could then on-trade GC 2020 Pick 11 to them and something else for their Pick 8.

Keeping in mind to get Pick 6 we'd actually have to trade our 3 back end picks to GWS this year, in exchange for their next years 1st.

15 & 37 to Bulldogs for Pick 13 ahead of Geelong at 14.

End up with Picks 6, 8, 13, 20, 23, 28

Thus turning our Pick 4 and 37 into Pick 8, 13 & 20.

I like that spread of picks much better.

15,20 and 11 next year would do it for me. GC have more picks than they know what to do with, and they said they're keen to get higher up the draft.

I wouldn't say no to that trade. GC would be pretty stoked getting their hands on Picks 1,2 & 4. Melbourne might be looking to get back into the 1st round next year. Could then on-trade GC 2020 Pick 11 to them and something else for their Pick 8.

Keeping in mind to get Pick 6 we'd actually have to trade our 3 back end picks to GWS this year, in exchange for their next years 1st.

15 & 37 to Bulldogs for Pick 13 ahead of Geelong at 14.

End up with Picks 6, 8, 13, 20, 23, 28

Thus turning our Pick 4 and 37 into Pick 8, 13 & 20.

I like that spread of picks much better.
I really like your posts.

Let's talk this through - is there an ideal trade?

We start with 4, 23, 28, 37, 45, 49.

Melbourne put a bid in on Green, so GWS need 1800 points.

They trade us 6 and a 2020 3rd for our 2020 1st, 28 and 45. They match Melbourne with 28, 40, 45, 59 and 60.

We now have 4, 6, 23, 37 and 49

We trade 37 and 49 to Hawthorn for 30, so they have Maguinness points. And we trade 4 to Freo for 10, 22 and a 2020 3rd - they're guaranteed to get two top players before Henry. I think I like it for us.

That gives us 6, 10, 22, 23 and 30.

I don't hate it. It feels like a good pick spread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back