The official prayers for no injuries to Sauce for the 2018 season thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am calling for all supporters, regardless of religion, to give prayers for Sauce to stay injury free this year. That includes you atheists (theres no atheists in foxholes).
If he goes down we are screwed. ROB and Hunter will get killed if they have to be relied upon, and ruck is one of our biggest needs list management wise going forward.

Jesus. I wondered what horrible tragedy had happened to Jacobs when I read the thread title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, we’ll be fine. ROB and Hunter are perfectly capable back ups.

Ruck is relatively overrated anyway, especially when it comes to winning the hit outs, in fact you have to go back to the 2011 grand final for the last time the premier genuinely won the hit outs in the GF, on many occasions the losing ruckman actually spanked the opposition ruckman in this department.

So many more important cogs in a side than the ruckman.

Having a good ruckman is crucial.
Look at Port without Ryder and then with Ryder. Look at Freo without Sandi and with Sandi.
He is far more important to us than people here think. If we lose him for any extended period of time, I think we will find out just how important.
If ruck wasnt that big a deal, we would have kept Osbourne.

Look at Port without Ryder and then with Ryder. Look at Freo without Sandi and with Sandi.
He is far more important to us than people here think. If we lose him for any extended period of time, I think we will find out just how important.
Remember Fyfe was out at the same time as Sandi...and Port played a couple of top 8 teams when Wyder was out

Nope, we’ll be fine. ROB and Hunter are perfectly capable back ups.

Ruck is relatively overrated anyway, especially when it comes to winning the hit outs, in fact you have to go back to the 2011 grand final for the last time the premier genuinely won the hit outs in the GF, on many occasions the losing ruckman actually spanked the opposition ruckman in this department.

So many more important cogs in a side than the ruckman.
Yeah, but you don't want to be spanked

The difference is Port have no back-up for Ryder...

Toby Nankervis, Tom Boyd, David Hale, Max Bailey and Myke Pyke are the ruckmen from the last 5 Premiership sides. Rucks aren't the be all and end all.

Having said that, I'd rather a fit Sauce than an unfit one.

WOW

That’s some perspective right there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back