The Official San Antonio Spurs thread - Thank you Tony Parker, Bye Bye Kawhi!

DaveyBoy123

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Southampton, San Antonio, Buffalo
So, just to get a form-line against eastern conference teams;

- we've lost to the Hawks & Cavs, while
- beating the Bucks & Celtics

Makes sense to me! :drunk:

Last edited:

Snarls Barkley

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
One question I have is who has been our most consistent player this season? Most, if not all, have been all over the place.
Patty Mills for me. I think he’s been unbelievable this season. So often early in the season he’d come in with us down and he’d drag us back into the game.

Promising last ten games from the guys. DeRozan has been on fire, Aldridge is shooting and making threes

494D2CA7-BF4A-4A10-B1FA-1B842A5150F6.jpeg

Number one offense in the league over that period which was a shock to me.

DADF0744-C24A-4896-9A33-A926044B2416.jpeg

DaveyBoy123

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Patty Mills for me. I think he’s been unbelievable this season. So often early in the season he’d come in with us down and he’d drag us back into the game.
Yeah, but this is exactly what I mean... Huge game against the Grizzlies today and Patty gets 23 minutes resulting in 8 points, 1 rebound & 2 assists. I know stats don't mean everything, but...

Speaking of stats not meaning everything... I tell you one thing that does kinda stand out in your above table over the past 10 games as well as today; Derrick White's +/-. He only had 3, 1 & 4 today, but was the only player over 2 minutes who had a positive +/- for us. There has to be something in that, most likely his defensive play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footypie32

especias secreto
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Mt Buller Demons
Yeah, but this is exactly what I mean... Huge game against the Grizzlies today and Patty gets 23 minutes resulting in 8 points, 1 rebound & 2 assists. I know stats don't mean everything, but...

Speaking of stats not meaning everything... I tell you one thing that does kinda stand out in your above table over the past 10 games as well as today; Derrick White's +/-. He only had 3, 1 & 4 today, but was the only player over 2 minutes who had a positive +/- for us. There has to be something in that, most likely his defensive play.
White has unfortunately been the biggest disappointment for me so far this season. I was expecting big things from him after his performance against the Nuggets in the Playoffs and then the reports of his impressive play against Team USA in scrimmages over the offseason. But it hasn't translated into this season.

As far as positives. I have like what I have seen from Poeltl and Lyles. Poeltl looks like he is really benefiting from have Duncan there as a coach. And Lyles has shown he has something to offer. I don't think he is a starter, but definitely can be a valuable part of the rotation. Reminds me a little of Bob Horry.

DaveyBoy123

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
… And it continues... Lose to (last in the East) Atlanta (AGAIN!) at home, then back up with a win against (2nd in the East) Miami.

I cannot work out this team this season. I have no idea what to expect game to game. Rubbish consistency.

Top Bottom