The Official Week 1 Thread: "The Thread Awakens"

Which team will be this season's biggest laughingstock?

• Knicks

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Lakers

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • 76ers

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We haven't played this bad for a fair while, missing open looks every time on offence.

So frustrating

You don't know that for sure. He seems happy taking unders for the benefit of the team and is making s**t loads through endorsements. Not everyone is Kobe
He will, or so close that it doesn't matter

And he will get it, he deserves it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So pretty much the contention here is there's a 0% chance he'll take slight unders and put the team first. All I'm saying is there's a chance that happens. Not the most likely outcome but it's not 100% set in stone that he's going to demand a max

Carmelo explodes for one of his rare 30+ points games. Just had to be against Washington :mad::mad:. Beal and Wall have to be the second or third best back court in the league right now..

So pretty much the contention here is that there's a 0% chance he'll take slight unders and put the team first. All I'm saying is that there's a chance that happens. Not the most likely outcome but it's not 100% set in stone that he's going to demand a max

Players who have been woefully underpaid and are coming off an MVP season don't have to demand a max contract, it's a fait accompli he'll get one.

Even Duncan earned the max in his prime, and he's sacrificed more than anyone in recent history.

Class started to shine through late in the first half, Griffin is just a freak, seriously.

Cousins and Griffin going at it on the rebounds is so good to watch too.

Players who have been woefully underpaid and are coming off an MVP season don't have to demand a max contract, it's a fait accompli he'll get one.

Even Duncan earned the max in his prime, and he's sacrificed more than anyone in recent history.

Bit of a stretch to say it's already been decided just because it happened with other players. For sure it's very likely but all I'm saying is it's not completely set in stone just yet. I'm more then happy for him to get the max though, nobody else deserves it more.

Sacramento called for 13 fouls in the second quarter alone :confused:
I thought there were a handful of twiggy touchwood ones on Griffen. The one called when the ball was down Sacramento's end and Cousins just out positioned him for the rebound and he exacerbated contact something fierce wasn't there but I think we were just sloppy overall. Bench has been good but the Clippers starting unit really clicked late, Lance and DJ were great to be honest they combine well when Stephenson drives hard to the hoop.

Bit of a stretch to say it's already been decided just because it happened with other players. For sure it's very likely but all I'm saying is it's not completely set in stone just yet. I'm more then happy for him to get the max though, nobody else deserves it more.

It'll happen because;

1. Steph has been badly underpaid over his career so far

2. The salary cap is about to explode

3. He's the freaking MVP who was just responsible for helping deliver the team a championship after an entire generation of putrid basketball

Maybe he'll take a few dollars discount, but he's going to get paid basically the max. It's just the way it is in U.S. sports.

It'll happen because;

1. Steph has been badly underpaid over his career so far

2. The salary cap is about to explode

3. He's the freaking MVP who was just responsible for helping deliver the team a championship after an entire generation of putrid basketball

Maybe he'll take a few dollars discount, but he's going to get paid basically the max. It's just the way it is in U.S. sports.

It's human nature to believe that the most likely outcome will certainly happen but in reality its just not the case. While not being likely at all, there's not no chance that he doesn't get the max

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back