The Official Week 1 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, I think it's mostly fine. It's pretty hard to get the most ideal shot when there's 7.5 seconds left, they got an open enough shot from a guy who can make it early enough that left time for an O board and tip in attempt.

The Towns screening over Dieng makes sense tho since Towns is a more dangerous guy to pop out.

I think a contested 2 over a center was the right play :/
It's the length more than anything that irks me, Wiggy has a great mid-range game but that's from a distance that he's pretty inconsistent from. Get that down to Towns and I feel we would have ended up with a better shot.

End of the day though no reason we should have been in that position in the first place; putrid quarter and a half sunk us, not that play.

I dunno, I think it's mostly fine. It's pretty hard to get the most ideal shot when there's 7.5 seconds left, they got an open enough shot from a guy who can make it early enough that left time for an O board and tip in attempt.

The Towns screening over Dieng makes sense tho since Towns is a more dangerous guy to pop out.

Thats the bit i really dont get.

Even if KAT gets the ball he's got his back to the basket, hard against the sideline. Ok you dont want to double off LaVine but thats still not a great position to be in. I guess its exacerbated because Ricky got injured, but perhaps running the same play with LaVine on the far wing instead of Dunn and Dieng switching with KAT might work.

Its certainly not in the realms of stupidity as that Denver play earlier tho

Thats the bit i really dont get.

Even if KAT gets the ball he's got his back to the basket, hard against the sideline. Ok you dont want to double off LaVine but thats still not a great position to be in. I guess its exacerbated because Ricky got injured, but perhaps running the same play with LaVine on the far wing instead of Dunn and Dieng switching with KAT might work.

Its certainly not in the realms of stupidity as that Denver play earlier tho
I was thinking about it a bit more and I would have loved for them to have drawn up a Towns or Lavine 3 and just going for the win. Going for the tie and taking it to OT might be better tho considering Cuz had fouled out.

Philly losing to us by 30 so early in the season is not great sign. who is the top big man prospect this year they will definitely draft again?
It's a PG heavy draft this season ;)

But really, we were already gonna be super trash but no Simmons/Bayless/Nerlens and minute restrictions to Embiid and Hendo really hurts the super weak depth that is there with a full team let alone one with it's top end talent missing.

Are the kings actually good this year, I'm probably falling into the same trap I did in 2014 tho..

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Depending on how average the rest of the West is, they could maybe finally sneak in as an 8th seed, something they should have done at least once with Cousins being there.

Same problems every year with the Kings though. Issues at the guard positions, lack of proper spacing and defensively they're useless.

They really should be thinking about blowing it up. Something I've said for the last two years or so.

Depending on how average the rest of the West is, they could maybe finally sneak in as an 8th seed, something they should have done at least once with Cousins being there.

Same problems every year with the Kings though. Issues at the guard positions, lack of proper spacing and defensively they're useless.

They really should be thinking about blowing it up. Something I've said for the last two years or so.

Yeah if it all breaks right for the kings they could make the 8 seed and get swept in the first round by golden state, I don't think the team has the bravery to commit to a rebuild after the last decade of losing and what that may do to the fan base, also it's hard to see them improving through trades though as no one will really want to go to play for Vlade and Vivek

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they're gonna blow it up it should be as late as possible to the deadline this season just so they can make sure the (very tiny chance either way) pick swap with the Sixers doesn't happen. They also owe their 2019 1st to the Sixers (cheers Vlade/Vivek). I'm not really sure I'd trust the current brains trust there to be able to do anything better if they had to start from scratch, I guess they can go to Boston and get the Brooklyn pick and try and start again with two top 10 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we didnt sign Jeff Green in free agency when he was relevant and had the opportunity. He would be dead.

Presenting your official Pels anthem

Unsure what on earth Indiana are doing tho

Not playing defence? Nobody saw that coming...

Apparently it was too much to ask for two of my perennially s**t sports teams to be good this season.

Early season optimism has given way to first week pessmism :D

You'll be alright, but when Wiggins and Lavine are your wings concentration will always fluctuate.

Are the kings actually good this year, I'm probably falling into the same trap I did in 2014 tho..

Let's hope they don't fall into the same trap and fire the coach again.

Presenting your official Pels anthem

Not playing defence? Nobody saw that coming...

Early season optimism has given way to first week pessmism :D

You'll be alright, but when Wiggins and Lavine are your wings concentration will always fluctuate.

Let's hope they don't fall into the same trap and fire the coach again.

"Pour it quickly as you can" yep sounds about right!!! lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back