The Official Week 11 'Rajon Rondo Benchwatch' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair

Question is do Minnesota look to go chips in on a 31 year old they'd have to overpay or get a workhorse for less than half the price
Pek retiring ($12M), KG off the books ($8M), the core not on big contracts for a few years yet, Muhammad FA ($4M), Payne gone ($2M), Rush gone ($3.5M), cap rising, and already only at $83M...we have so much cash to spend in the next few years it's obscene. Why not spend it on a genuinely good vet who will have an impact and be on a reduced contract by the time we need to max the others?

Fair

Question is do Minnesota look to go chips in on a 31 year old they'd have to overpay or get a workhorse for less than half the price
Depends what they're trying to build and how quickly.

My post was more the justification of price difference. Taj Gibson will essentially make little to no difference to that team. Other than his one decent season in 13-14 which got him a couple of decent paydays, he is essentially a bit piece. Millsap is a 2 or 3 time all star. The difference between KAT-Dieng and KAT-Millsap would be profound.

I turned down the first hour of work today (60 dollars) so i could sleep in and watch that piece of s**t game of minny vs portland

Wise investmenr

29253.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair

We have to spend the money. Rubios on 12m. Peks 12m will be off the books end of year. Garnett on 8m. Then our highest paid player is dieng on 14m?. Honestly we have to max someone next year. I wouldnt be suprised if we sign someone like Ibaka/Millsap to a 30m 2 to 3 year deal. We got a year before we think about extending Lavine/Wiggins. So we have to hit the cap next year. So thats next year need to hit the xap floor. Year after lavine/wiggins will both be 40mish and the year after towns will get the anthony davis max. By then whoever we sign to a stupid contract should be off the book

Last edited:
Latest projection is 102 million for the cap.

Dallas will have room and it might be a Cuban type move to go for the quick overpay to reload

Boston have 70 on the books. Flip zeller and get an ibaka/millsap next to big Al might be worth looking at

Houston can flip brewer and have 20 million to play with

Both those guys will be looking to win now, so can Minnesota sell them on future promises

Shall be interesting

Dallas will have room and it might be a Cuban type move to go for the quick overpay to reload

Boston have 70 on the books. Flip zeller and get an ibaka/millsap next to big Al might be worth looking at

Both those guys will be looking to win now, so can Minnesota sell them on future promises

Shall be interesting

I wonder which over 30 former star the Bulls will throw money at next year?

Shall be interesting

Boston will have zizic and yabusele playing the zeller/Gerald roles next year on rookie money. If Danny can add another veteran all star without trading the Brooklyn picks he'd do it.

Atlanta have been rumored to do this before and not followed through. Horford last year a prime example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back