The Official Week 11 'Rajon Rondo Benchwatch' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

His finishing at the rim has been terrible for the last couple of seasons, he's just no kind of offensive threat at all. I'd rather start MCW than Rondo, purely for his defence and energy, but would i sign him long term? Tbh I'd rather go after Patty Mills.

We have 2 choices really. Tank and go for a point in the draft, or look to fill the void via trade or free agency.

We all know Chicago won't tank, so that leaves trade or free agency.

Whose on the UFA market? CP3 (only if the Clips blow it up), Curry (ha), Lowry (no chance), Jeff Teague (yeah not keen), George Hill (Utah will go hard to keep him), Patty and Trey Burke (ugh). There's others ala Jennings (pls god no) and Liv (wouldnt hate it but he is getting on).

Whose on the trade market? Rubio (Rondo 2.0, instead he actually plays defence), Brandon Knight (yikes). I think Portland could be pushed, eventually at least but we lack the assets for anything there. Dragic (Miami will want a first and he really doesnt fit with Wade). There's nothing that really moves the needle tbh. You could argue that Payton or Mudiay would be available, but yeah no thanks

This is the draft to tank for a point guard...for sure.

This is the draft to tank for a point guard...for sure.

Indeed it is.

Looking at the indicative draft order right now

Philly, Dallas, Boston, Phx, Miami, Minny, Pels, Philly, Denver

Saving grace is you could argue Boston, Phoenix, Minny and the Pels dont really need to look at points so there might be some sliders.

Still if we get the Kings pick it will be 2 firsts.... what could possibly go wrong :D

Indeed it is.

Looking at the indicative draft order right now

Philly, Dallas, Boston, Phx, Miami, Minny, Pels, Philly, Denver

Saving grace is you could argue Boston, Phoenix, Minny and the Pels dont really need to look at points so there might be some sliders.

Still if we get the Kings pick it will be 2 firsts.... what could possibly go wrong :D

I think there will be a better selection of top tier guys than previous drafts (more of them), but i also think teams will know that and snap up the BPA and think about reshuffles later.

Wash your mouth out with soap.

Ricky v Turtle
Both average 7p and 7a
PER 13.7 11.2
TS% .504 .412
FTR .430 .213
ORB % 4.6 3.9
DRB % 10.6 19.0
TRB% 7.5 11.4
AST% 31.7 34.6
STL% 2.9 2.3
TOV% 22.1 23.9
USG% 12.7 16.6
OWS 1.2 -0.8
DWS 0.6 1.2
WS 1.8 0.4
WS/48 .097 .022
OBPM 0.8 -2.7
DBPM -0.2 1.6
BPM 0.6 -1.1
VORP 0.6 0.2

Those defensive numbers are interesting lol, more a product of teammates than the players in question me thinks

Ricky's got a higher free throw rate and better TS%. But he is shooting at .355 total, .255 from 3 to 10 feet, strangely .529 from 10-16 and .270 from 3.
Cancer meanwhile is .380 FG% and around the 40% mark to 10 feet then drops to .182 from 10 to 16 and is .327 from 3.

Good start Pels

dhMeAzK.gif

The way Jrue is playing right now I'm prepared to let him walk and try and get one of the awesome PGs in this draft at 1/20th the cost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His finishing at the rim has been terrible for the last couple of seasons, he's just no kind of offensive threat at all. I'd rather start MCW than Rondo, purely for his defence and energy, but would i sign him long term? Tbh I'd rather go after Patty Mills.

We have 2 choices really. Tank and go for a point in the draft, or look to fill the void via trade or free agency.

We all know Chicago won't tank, so that leaves trade or free agency.

Whose on the UFA market? CP3 (only if the Clips blow it up), Curry (ha), Lowry (no chance), Jeff Teague (yeah not keen), George Hill (Utah will go hard to keep him), Patty and Trey Burke (ugh). There's others ala Jennings (pls god no) and Liv (wouldnt hate it but he is getting on).

Whose on the trade market? Rubio (Rondo 2.0, instead he actually plays defence), Brandon Knight (yikes). I think Portland could be pushed, eventually at least but we lack the assets for anything there. Dragic (Miami will want a first and he really doesnt fit with Wade). There's nothing that really moves the needle tbh. You could argue that Payton or Mudiay would be available, but yeah no thanks
Even if we tank we will still draft a PF or C instead of an actually key requirement
Doubt we will even go after a free agent if Gar still incharge of the cash,

Wouldn't mind seeing Denzel at the PG, think he played that during College.

When it comes to coaching, Fred has to get into Wade and Jimmy head that P&R won't win games, pass the ball at least 3-4 times to bring the defense our ala spurs style

Remove this Banner Ad

Back