The Official Week 13 'Small Sample Size' Thread

Feb 13, 2007
Not practice
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sam Hinkie
I think Melo would actually be a really good fit next to CP3 and Deandre, I mean it doesn't really make a ton of sense to move Blake but the Clippers have been what they are for years now, maybe it's a better idea just to keep taking swings with this trio and hope something falls your way but I think as far as fit goes it wouldn't be all that different a look for them for the immediate future with Melo instead of Blake.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Didn't watch today's game but couldn't believe Rush's minutes after he'd been so good four games in a row. Bazz still got normal minutes though, the **** kind of decision is that?
We're not interested in winning, It's expose youth, get another top 5 pick.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
We're not interested in winning, It's expose youth, get another top 5 pick.
There is something to be said about getting a quality vet or two to guide the younger talent through...Those guys can be great for the attitude of younger guys.

I get that the majority of Philly's improvement has been around Embiid, but I'm sure they're liking the contributions that they're getting from a few savvy veterans that are also probably bringing some great energy and encouragement to the locker room aswell.

Lillard raved about Henderson when he was at Portland for example.

"He's been huge for our team," All-Star Damian Lillard said. "I would definitely love for our team to bring him back."

Ed Davis: "We need him back. We need guys like Gerald, what he can do on the court, what he can do off the court, everything that he brings."

I think Minny would really benefit from one or two of those guys. Wiggins especially.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
First of all, Anthony has a trade kicker worth 15% of his remaining contract. For 41 more games this year and 82 games each of the next two years, Anthony is scheduled to make $66,451,590. 15% of that salary is $9,967,739, and because the final year of Anthony’s deal is following an early termination option, that bonus must be split between the two guaranteed years of his contract. That extra $4,983,869 this year moves his salary up to $29,543,249.

For a detailed breakdown of any melo to clippers trade check here

http://www.clipsnation.com/2017/1/1...ew-york-knicks-cleveland-cavaliers-chris-paul

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
There is something to be said about getting a quality vet or two to guide the younger talent through...Those guys can be great for the attitude of younger guys.

I get that the majority of Philly's improvement has been around Embiid, but I'm sure they're liking the contributions that they're getting from a few savvy veterans that are also probably bringing some great energy and encouragement to the locker room aswell.

I think Minny would really benefit from one or two of those guys. Wiggins especially.
Love having Rush in the line up. Looked much more balanced. Hiwever we realisticly will build around towns. Thibs job is to build around him

As for Anthony
only accept cleveland/clippers? Neithrr team need him. Guess hes stuck in new york for a while longer

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

You can have some veterans to sit on the bench and play sometimes. It's pretty clear Minny needs some more talent so letting the young guys play and make mistakes is going to be more beneficial long term.

OKC did it with Westbrook and Durant. They had a few veterans throughout their early days there, but they basically gave the team to KD in particular from day one and he credited that as one of the reasons for his successful career. That also allowed them to be bad enough to draft Westbrook and then Harden too.

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

yikes never thought i'd see the below get one upped :p

flops.gif

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The Dubs are 34 and 6.

Curry, Durant and Thompson are all shooting under 40 percent from three.

It is quite funny the overreactions to problems a projected 70 win team is having :p

Imagine if the 80s (even 90s to an extent) was in today's NBA social media craze. I mean the Lakers and Boston routinely won only 55-60 games per season. They would be getting so much heat!

Back