The Official Week 16 'Waiters Island' Thread

Worst Pacific and Southwest announcers (2 votes)

• Warriors - Bob Fitzgerald and Jim Barnett

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Clippers - Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Lakers - Bill Macdonald and Stu Lantz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns - Steve Albert and Eddie Johnson

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Kings - Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Houston - Bill Worrell and Clyde Drexler

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Dallas - Mark Followill and Derek Harper

• Memphis - Pete Pranica and Sean Tuohy

• NOLA - Joel Meyers and David Wesley

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Spurs - Bill Land and Sean Ellioy

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Priceys mum

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Warriors too good but we kept them on their toes somewhat, kind of, while playing awful.

Atlanta led by 22 points early during the third quarter quarter. We shot it badly in the first half and couldn't get any shots to go down with Cousins struggling to have any impact. The Kings had a season-high 18 threes with McLemore and Tolliver combining for 11 of those threes.

Cousins had a poor game overall shooting and was getting double teamed by Howard and Millsap but he came up big during the last 5 minutes scoring 12 points including two threes.

Ben McLemore had arguably the best game of his career scoring 22 points (6 threes) 9 rebounds - 3 assists and 4 steals

Tolliver has been the Kings best player this year off the bench and again he showed it against Atlanta. Shooting a career high 41% from three this season.

To win trailing by a big deficit without Gay, Temple, Lawson and Casspi was impressive and shows the Kings can actually match it with most of the top teams but tend to get too complacent against the lower teams after a big win.

Wolves up double digits.

Congrats on your comeback win Pelicans

It's depressing that you called it!

We were about due our token weekly good performance.

His minutes distribution gets my goat as well, it drives me insane. No reason for him not to stagger Wiggins given all of Stephenson/Rush/Dunn/Bazz/Jones can all play somewhat competent minutes on the wings.

Towns is a bit trickier though, to be fair. Aldrich offers nothing on either end of the floor and Belly spends most of his time in the "wildly mediocre" category. Past that we have Payne who's out indefinitely with low platelet count, Pek who's off ice fishing to delay his inevitable retirement and Jordan Hill who clearly slept with Thibs' sister or something (plus he's not great).

The gulf between KAT's production and his replacements makes it really tough to take him off the floor, but I do agree with what you're saying.

I remember having this discussion with you pre-season, and two guys I thought you could have pursued were Trevor Booker and Darrell Arthur.

Still think they might have been decent fits, you could play Dieng as a defacto backup centre even if he did still start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are a Thunder, do you boo?
Of course they will, purely due to the team he left to.

A shame though, he's done a lot for OKC.

Not sure why I can't ever have nice things in sport, but at least someone finally found out what's going on.

Joel Embiid has a torn meniscus in his left knee, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.

The tear was discovered after Embiid underwent an MRI following a 93-92 victory on January 20th over the Portland Trailblazers. Embiid left the game in the third quarter with a left knee contusion after landing awkwardly following a drive to the basket.

There is some thought that the torn meniscus could be a pre-existing condition which the ensuing MRI discovered, rather than caused by the fall on January 20th, although the two injuries being related has not been completely ruled out.

The tear is a low-grade tear and is not expected to require surgical intervention. It is unclear whether the tear is contributing to the soreness and swelling which has kept Embiid out of 11 of the last 12 games, including the last 8 in a row.

Embiid has been ruled out of tonight’s game against the Miami Heat, and there is a good chance he will remain out through the All-Star break, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://www.derekbodner.com/2017/02/11/joel-embiid-has-a-torn-meniscus-in-his-left-knee/

Was practising today tho, so hopefully it's not a major thing and he's back after the All Star break

Back