The Official Week 16 'Waiters Island' Thread

Worst Pacific and Southwest announcers (2 votes)

• Warriors - Bob Fitzgerald and Jim Barnett

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Clippers - Ralph Lawler and Mike Smith

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Lakers - Bill Macdonald and Stu Lantz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns - Steve Albert and Eddie Johnson

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Kings - Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Houston - Bill Worrell and Clyde Drexler

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Dallas - Mark Followill and Derek Harper

• Memphis - Pete Pranica and Sean Tuohy

• NOLA - Joel Meyers and David Wesley

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Spurs - Bill Land and Sean Ellioy

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Priceys mum

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the NBA,but * me it can be hard to watch with how many free throws dudes get for just barging into defenders and pretending to shoot, followed by the Gasol Grunt. Harden in particular,gets gifted 15 points at the line every game, it's cheating imo

As an unbiased poster, the OKC-GSW feud was awesome fun. Such passion from the home fans. Some points

- when someone's traded away, they usually get some love from the fans upon return
- look at durants contribution away from the court in OKC was mentioned a few times. off court is irrelevant IMO.
- warriors fan with "why cant we be friends" sign. lololol. commentators said they WERE and ARE still friends. hmmmm.

LOL... Mark Jackson saying OKC have a chance against this second unit....

Iggy
Klay
Livingston
Green

Thats a starting 4 of another NBA team...
2-687215-8041.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an unbiased poster, the OKC-GSW feud was awesome fun. Such passion from the home fans. Some points

- when someone's traded away, they usually get some love from the fans upon return
- look at durants contribution away from the court in OKC was mentioned a few times. off court is irrelevant IMO.
- warriors fan with "why cant we be friends" sign. lololol. commentators said they WERE and ARE still friends. hmmmm.
It sounded like they were playing at Subiaco today :p

It sounded like they were playing at Subiaco today :p

this whole saga reminds me of lewis jetta vs wc fans when he speared them. Nek minnut he's an eagle and the blokes are cheering him on, and the women are gushing wanting his babies.

Also vale Melo. Provided many lulz over his career, but to end it this way at the knicks is sad.

wait.
Pretty rough to make fun of a dude that actually died today, whether he was a decent basketballer at NBA level or not.

I love the NBA,but **** me it can be hard to watch with how many free throws dudes get for just barging into defenders and pretending to shoot, followed by the Gasol Grunt. Harden in particular,gets gifted 15 points at the line every game, it's cheating imo

Agreed. It's so obvious too, and yet the refs fall for it. The refs are earning the money the easy way these days, far too many things are being let go.

I love the NBA,but **** me it can be hard to watch with how many free throws dudes get for just barging into defenders and pretending to shoot, followed by the Gasol Grunt. Harden in particular,gets gifted 15 points at the line every game, it's cheating imo
It isn't cheating. It's just how the referees are told to officiate these days.

It certainly is annoying though. The refs are all over the place in the NBA. They officiate like that in the regular season, then last season in the playoffs they seemed to decide that handchecking and off ball mauling was suddenly allowed again.

Pretty late on this I know, and I never thought he was that good (his big 2013-14 season in Indiana was supremely overrated at the time, because "ZOMG! Triple-Double!"), but what in the hell has happened to Lance Stephenson?

I know he's always been a bit of a space cadet, and probably needs a good team and a lot of structure and direction around him (he was decent in his stint with Memphis last year, for example), but geez, not just re-signing with the Pacers and staying the course as a solid role player has turned out to be one of the all-time bonehead moves for him. Still got his money either way though I suppose.

Back