The Official Week 17 'Lebron James hissy fit in 5...4...3...'

Remove this Banner Ad

they don't matter much, he has missed nearly too many games to be considered and Durant is playing better than him. Curry has slumped a bit in the last 3 games, with 2 losses and of course there is the 2-0 head to head record Harden has on him and there is this

Durant is not playing better than him at all.

That’s just total BS.

If Curry has not injured his ankle he’d be talked about far more seriously. His numbers and impact have been absurd when he plays.

The MVP would have to be the most tedious award in sports. Nobody really knows what it's for, and people crap on about it all season long!!!! There's still 30 games to go FFS.
It’s pretty obvious it’s for the most impactful player for the particular season.

Outside of a few anomalies it has always gone to a player having a top 1-3 sort of season on a top seed.

With the way the games evolved - 3 pt shooting big men, imagine how devastating this guy would be in the A

tenor.gif

Marcus smart up for trade but only for a first rounder.

Some small rumblings from celtic land. Clear that his actions have not sat well with the organisation. But on the positive side horford has excelled as a point-center

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/02/embarrassed_marcus_smart_shoul.html

Was reading a Boston site article when he did the injury, and I was genuinely surprised by the level of dislike for Smart among some Boston fans.

Maybe the Thunder can trade Jerami Grant for him or something. Westy and Smart in the same backcourt, my god the lulz.

Harden still would have to fall over to lose it. They might even get the number 1 seed as well

One game behind GSW and the only all star on his team, while GSW have four. Given how much help was used as a deal breaker last season he has to be ahead. I've said before it doesn't bother me as an award but Harden is clearly ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durant is not playing better than him at all.

That’s just total BS.

If Curry has not injured his ankle he’d be talked about far more seriously. His numbers and impact have been absurd when he plays.
Durant does it on both ends. Curry may finish third or 4th in the award. Curry didn't do much against the Rockets last time they met and got swallowed up against Utah. Last 2 games have been alright but not outstanding

Nuggets commentator had a fair point. Durant does get a lot of Techs for a guy who gets a lot of calls.

I do find it funny when people say the Warriors complain a lot and don't get punished for it. Yet we have the 2 leaders in the NBA in techs and Durant has had twice as many ejections as any other player in the league (and Green is tied second in ejections). Also as a team we are right up there.

I'm not complaining. We deserve the techs.

Last edited:
they don't matter much, he has missed nearly too many games to be considered and Durant is playing better than him. Curry has slumped a bit in the last 3 games, with 2 losses and of course there is the 2-0 head to head record Harden has on him and there is this

Curry > Durant this season ainec

Not sure you should be calling MVPs off 3 games (particularly because he was far from terrible). And being that the 3 games before that were insanely good.

Having said that Harden is comfortably in front in the MVP race, but Curry is probably second.

Durant does it on both ends. Curry may finish third or 4th in the award. Curry didn't do much against the Rockets last time they met and got swallowed up against Utah. Last 2 games have been alright but not outstanding
Durant's defence is fast becoming very overrated. He has made strides the last few seasons yeah and made more impact the last two seasons as a rim protector. But I still don't think he's anything special defensively. He's just on a better team with a coach who understands how to utilise his strengths. Curry plays defence too, it's a myth that he's a bad defender.

Statistically this is one of Durant's poorer seasons. Curry blows him away in offensive effiency, beats him in scoring and in all the key advanced stats. Curry's numbers aren't far off his ridiculous 2015-16 season. If anyone should be talked about as MVP candidate from the Warriors, it's Curry.

One game behind GSW and the only all star on his team, while GSW have four. Given how much help was used as a deal breaker last season he has to be ahead. I've said before it doesn't bother me as an award but Harden is clearly ahead.
I agree that Harden is the leader. He should win unless Curry goes berserk in the second half of the season or Harden gets injured.

But using all-star appearances in an argument like this is silly. Chris Paul isn't an all-star but come on we all know how good he is. The only reason he didn't make it was due to time missed and how stacked the guard spot is. The whole thing is a popularity contest regardless. I'm not convinced Draymond and Klay deserved their spots at all this year.

Also since when does having a stacked team exclude you from being an MVP chance? Plenty of MVPs throughout history have won MVPs despite being on stacked teams. Westbrook winning last year with the whole silly lack of help argument seems to be influencing people's opinions too much.

Cleveland are still favs to come out of the East. They are basically paying the same as taking the field.
I can't believe there's some that still have a heap of faith in them.

2014/2015: the Cavs started slow but that was mainly down to a new coach and chemistry issues stemming from LeBron's return and all the changes.

2015/2016: Kyrie was out for a bit and they had coaching issues. Looking back it was clear they were worried about being healthy for the finals.

2016/17: There's a tiny bit of drama again, but by now they've been to back to back finals and understand the need to stay fresh for June.

Kyrie, LeBron and Love was the constant thing that gave them the advantage in the East.

2017/18: Kyrie is gone, his replacement looks awful and possibly no longer the player he was, their role players are older, their coach cannot control the locker room and there's the threat of LeBron leaving. It's a completely different situation to the other seasons. There is no Kyrie to help LeBron out, they are even worse defensively and even if Thomas regains some of his offence, his defensive weakness is a horrible fit with the Cavs. They have no rim protector and no elite defenders. Anytime Thomas gets beaten on defence they are screwed.

I don't think I've ever seen a team play such bad defence in the regular season and then go on to make the finals. Where does the improvement come from defensively?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back