The Official Week 18 'The Earth is Flat: A Marcus Smart Story of Fouling' Thread

Worst Commentary Teams - One Vote Only

• Boston - Gorman/Tommy Heinshon

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Atlanta - Bob Rathburn and Nique

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cleveland - Fred Mcleod and Austin Carr

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Golden State - Bob Fitzgerald and Jim Barnett

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Houston - Bill Worrell and Clyde Drexler

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • OKC - Brian Davis and Michael Cage

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's actually because Mudiay and Smart are superior to Booker.

All three are pretty mediocre overall so far. They might all grow into good players, but I think any hype on each far exceeds the output so far, particularly on Booker, who can't defend a door and is basically just scoring heavily via volume of touches and shots on one of the worst teams in the league.

All three are pretty mediocre overall so far. They might all grow into good players, but I think any hype on each far exceeds the output so far, particularly on Booker, who can't defend a door and is basically just scoring heavily via volume of touches and shots on one of the worst teams in the league.
All 3 of them are a completely different style of player...even thinking of lumping them all into a group or comparing them gives me a headache.

All 3 of them are a completely different style of player...even thinking of lumping them all into a group or comparing them gives me a headache.

I realise and agree with that, but they're all still rated much higher presently than their actual output suggests they should be. They're not stars yet.

I realise and agree with that, but they're all still rated much higher presently than their actual output suggests they should be. They're not stars yet.
I rate marcus as a pretty important player to our team but definitely wouldn't even go near saying he's a star.

Booker is a great offensive talent but he looks like a skinny version of Russell from UP so all bets are off.

7342a057e2143420f5811b091bfcdd9a.jpg

Bookers got enough upside to suggest he'll grow offensively. Put some more talent around him and he'll be better for it.

I've said enough about Smart over the years. He's a great defender, limited offensively but he's good enough to cover for it on defense.

Mudiay is a guy I'd put alongside okafor. A skill set that was valued 5 years ago. In today's nba if a point can't hit a jumper he'll find himself on the bench quick smart (unless he's coached buy hoiberg). He's got a place in the league, but that might be as a backup rather than a bona fide starter

As Jdz said, you can't really compare them, ones a scorer, ones a defender and the others.... well something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back