The Official Week 24 'Vale Derrick Rose/The Rise of Richard Rubio' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is Acy taking 3's?
I was saying the same thing when we played em but he's actually not an awful 3pt shooter like you'd think just looking at him. Also think that the nets are going to focus on being a high volume 3pt shooting team to cover their talent deficiency going forward so they don't have much prob with guys heaving em.

Question. In an alternate reality where the Warriors won game 7 last year (fwiw I prefer that reality!), how much pressure would Lue be under? A team with that much talent shouldn't win only 53ish games in a season. They should be 60+ easy.
They simply don't try hard enough, I'm not sure a different coach can get it out of them given how easy they have it in the east and how irrelevant their record is. In the predictions thread I think I had them winning anywhere between 50-60 games so I'm really not surprised they only have 51 wins with 3 games to go
But yes if they hadn't won last year there would be enormous pressure on Lue, management and players.

They simply don't try hard enough, I'm not sure a different coach can get it out of them given how easy they have it in the east and how irrelevant their record is. In the predictions thread I think I had them winning anywhere between 50-60 games so I'm really not surprised they only have 51 wins with 3 games to go
But yes if they hadn't won last year there would be enormous pressure on Lue, management and players.

Pretty much the answer most teams have to "players aren't trying hard enough", is to sack the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indy (40-40) close with 76ers and Atlanta
Bulls (39-41) close with Orlando and Nets
Miami (39-41) close with Cavs and Washington.

Chicago hold the tie breaker over Miami. Chicago and Indy tied their season series. Miami hold the tie breaker over Indy.

Not sure how it works if they are all tied.

However, looking at the remaining games, I think it's good night Miami.

Indy (40-40) close with 76ers and Atlanta
Bulls (39-41) close with Orlando and Nets
Miami (39-41) close with Cavs and Washington.

Chicago hold the tie breaker over Miami. Chicago and Indy tied their season series. Miami hold the tie breaker over Indy.

Not sure how it works if they are all tied.

However, looking at the remaining games, I think it's good night Miami.

Chicago shouldn't be losing to Orlando and they definitely shouldn't be losing their second in a week to Brooklyn.

Chicago shouldn't be losing to Orlando and they definitely shouldn't be losing their second in a week to Brooklyn.

Its exactly what we would do tho....

Hey stewie griffen - Did someone let the Bulls players know that beating Brooklyn was kind of important? Or are you trying to get the Cavs in the first round?

Sigh

Question. In an alternate reality where the Warriors won game 7 last year (fwiw I prefer that reality!), how much pressure would Lue be under? A team with that much talent shouldn't win only 53ish games in a season. They should be 60+ easy.
He'd be under a bit but I don't think you'd see too many contending teams wanting to sack two coaches in just over a year.

In saying that if they lose fairly easily in the finals this year I wouldn't be shocked to see him go. They have to make some sort of changes management wise because their hands are tied when it comes to players.

Everyone bagged Blatt but I don't think Lue has been that much better. The finals were merely LeBron's greatness taking over. Before the turnaround it was the Cavs being destroyed by the Warriors without Steph and Klay really doing anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back