The Official Week 25 Thread...where "Only the ******* Knicks could **** up tanking."

The 2014-15 Regular Season:

• Loved It

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Hated It

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • My Team Sucked

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Kirk Hinrich

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

**** off u kiwi campaigner.
Bucks in 4 :D
Knicks couldn't stuff up a top 5 pick... Well they do have a former number 1 pick on the books still

Should trade for Anthony Bennett, sign kwame in free agency, hasheem thabeet, darko and Jonny Flynn and go for the highest average draft pick starting 5 in history

That makes me sad :cry:

Surely even the Knicks couldn't blow a top 5 pick.

Minny could give them some 'friendly' advice...

1347727177-3999743058.jpg
johnson_wesley.jpg
20130110__130111Williams_300.jpg

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/king-kong-ain-t-got-s**t-on-me.png

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reaction to actually making the playoffs -

qUpIS1k.gif

But later remembering that we've got to play the Dubs -

smilin-skeletor-o.gif

For those interested, here's how the teams finished up on the Efficiency graph at the end of the season:

2hbyNyz.png

• A few Playoff teams hurt their Ratings by resting players, the most notable being Atlanta, Cleveland and Portland.
  • Boston finally managed to get on the right side of the break-even line right at the death.
  • Conversely, after spending the entire season on the positive side of the break-even line, the Phoenix Suns finished the season with an adjusted Offensive Rating slightly worse than their Defensive Rating.

By the way, I'm not going to be around to create the 1st round Playoff Threads so one of you campaigners is gonna have to do it. :p

By the way, I'm not going to be around to create the 1st round Playoff Threads so one of you campaigners is gonna have to do it. :p

I'm down to write a series preview or two, but it's probably going to have to be a team effort to replace you Hans.

I dunno what others think, but I vote to just have an 'East' thread and a 'West' thread, at least for the first round - eight separate threads is a tad unwieldy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be interested to see the historical runner up ratings as well, or if there are any years where a completely off the chart favourite like Golden State is now didn't win.

Memphis in 5
GSW in 4
Houston in 6 (I reckon Mavs will pinch a couple of games and this will be a great series)
Spurs in 6

Bulls in 5
Hawks in 5
Cavs in 5
Raps in 6

I would be interested to see the historical runner up ratings as well, or if there are any years where a completely off the chart favourite like Golden State is now didn't win.

OK, so I added the last 10 Runners Up to go along with the Champions of the past decade and the current Playoff teams.

I also included 4 teams in the last decade that didn't reach the NBA Finals but had fantastic Point Differentials of at least +9.0:

DtoVXFR.png

The runners-up are:
  • 2014 Heat (Defense shredded by the 2014 Spurs)
  • 2013 Spurs (Ray Allen 3)
  • 2012 Thunder (Young squad outplayed by 2012 Heat)
  • 2011 Heat (Collapsed against the 2011 Mavs)
  • 2010 Celtics (Lost in 7 games to the 2010 Lakers)
  • 2009 Magic (Dwight + shooters)
  • 2008 Lakers (Overwhelmed by the 2008 Celtics)
  • 2007 Cavaliers (LeBron + scrubs)
  • 2006 Mavs (Blew a 2-0 lead vs 2006 Heat)
  • 2005 Pistons (Defensive 7 game series vs Spurs)

The teams with the great Point Differential are:
  • 2013 Thunder (Won 60 games. Westbrook injured by Beverley in Playoffs)
  • 2012 Bulls (Ultra-defensive squad won equal most games in the NBA. Rose injures knee in 1st Round)
  • 2010 Magic (Upset by experienced Celtics team in the Conference Finals)
  • 2009 Cavs (LeBron + scrubs won 66 games, upset by Magic in Conference Finals)

Does this board do a mock draft at all? Would be cool to have teams allocated and run through it before the actual draft - lottery included.

I don't know near enough about the crop or basketball in general to contribute but I'd be a really interested observer.
Easy. New Orleans pick... Wait, Houston pick. ALL GOOD

OK, so I added the last 10 Runners Up to go along with the Champions of the past decade and the current Playoff teams.

I also included 4 teams in the last decade that didn't reach the NBA Finals but had fantastic Point Differentials of at least +9.0:

DtoVXFR.png

The runners-up are:
  • 2014 Heat (Defense shredded by the 2014 Spurs)
  • 2013 Spurs (Ray Allen 3)
  • 2012 Thunder (Young squad outplayed by 2012 Heat)
  • 2011 Heat (Collapsed against the 2011 Mavs)
  • 2010 Celtics (Lost in 7 games to the 2010 Lakers)
  • 2009 Magic (Dwight + shooters)
  • 2008 Lakers (Overwhelmed by the 2008 Celtics)
  • 2007 Cavaliers (LeBron + scrubs)
  • 2006 Mavs (Blew a 2-0 lead vs 2006 Heat)
  • 2005 Pistons (Defensive 7 game series vs Spurs)

The teams with the great Point Differential are:
  • 2013 Thunder (Won 60 games. Westbrook injured by Beverley in Playoffs)
  • 2012 Bulls (Ultra-defensive squad won equal most games in the NBA. Rose injures knee in 1st Round)
  • 2010 Magic (Upset by experienced Celtics team in the Conference Finals)
  • 2009 Cavs (LeBron + scrubs won 66 games, upset by Magic in Conference Finals)

If there was ever any doubt that the 2007 Cavs were the worst team in living memory to make it to the Finals, this graph just confirms it.

FFS, they're closer to this year's Bucks than any of those championship teams :eek:

If there was ever any doubt that the 2007 Cavs were the worst team in living memory to make it to the Finals, this graph just confirms it.

FFS, they're closer to this year's Bucks than any of those championship teams :eek:
And historically how bad was the east that season?

To anyone that has followed the NBA as long as I have, this is a very weird sentence to say: "the Golden State Warriors are the best team in the league".

Never thought I'd hear those words.

Back