• Trade

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Re-sign

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Let walk

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably. It was clearly a joke. The saying stewie should be a number 1 lonzo fan didn't give it away for you?

I'm glad you took the moral high ground and shoved every Boston fan in your own tiny biased classification box though.
The air is nice up here on the moral high ground.

So Boston fans can't take a joke either?

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what they do with Parker.

Don't think he's a very good fit with Giannis at all unless he seriously develops as an off-ball player.

They both really need to play the 'four', that's the biggest problem. Giannis can't shoot well enough to be a permanent wing, and Jabari has no chance of guarding threes.

Obviously Jabari's second ACL has simplified things for them in the short term, but it also killed his trade value too.

Interesting that Wiggins and Jabari went before Embiid

The way I remember it 2014 was feted as 'The Wiggins and Jabari Draft' for ages. Then Embiid wowed everyone which muddied the pot, but his injury meant that a lot of people were predicting the top 3 to go exactly as it ended up.

Philly's choice was pretty easy, IMO they were always going to take whichever of the three Cleveland and Milwaukee passed over.

They both really need to play the 'four', that's the biggest problem. Giannis can't shoot well enough to be a permanent wing, and Jabari has no chance of guarding threes.

Obviously Jabari's second ACL has simplified things for them in the short term, but it also killed his trade value too.

The way I remember it 2014 was feted as 'The Wiggins and Jabari Draft' for ages. Then Embiid wowed everyone which muddied the pot, but his injury meant that a lot of people were predicting the top 3 to go exactly as it ended up.

Philly's choice was pretty easy, IMO they were always going to take whichever of the three Cleveland and Milwaukee passed over.
Yeah Wiggins and Jabari were hyped for years. The Wiggins hype was insane for a while too before people realised he wasn't as good as first thought. Embiid was definitely going one before the red flag though.

I really think Philly would have been conflicted too. Yes everyone could see Embiid's talent level but they already had a lottery big man in Noel who just missed a season.

Yeah Wiggins and Jabari were hyped for years. The Wiggins hype was insane for a while too before people realised he wasn't as good as first thought. Embiid was definitely going one before the red flag though.

Yeah that's what I remember too, Embiid 'hitting the front' before his injury.

I really think Philly would have been conflicted too. Yes everyone could see Embiid's talent level but they already had a lottery big man in Noel who just missed a season.

Given they picked Jahlil the next year they can't have been too conflicted :D

If there was one team who didn't mind waiting a year or even two, it was Philly. Milwaukee on the other hand could not have afforded that luxury, especially given they were trying to get a new arena subsidized.

Wasn't half the reason Milwaukee loved Jabari was because he is a mormon?

I thought it was he was from Illinois (close enough) and was actually happy to play for the Bucks... although perhaps being a pleasant, agreeable Mormon was a precondition for the latter?

I thought it was he was from Illinois (close enough) and was actually happy to play for the Bucks... although perhaps being a pleasant, agreeable Mormon was a precondition for the latter?
I dunno, I just remember hearing a lot about the mormon stuff leading up to the draft and that Milwaukee were always taking him in large part because of that.

I dunno, I just remember hearing a lot about the mormon stuff leading up to the draft and that Milwaukee were always taking him in large part because of that.

Stealing Utah's thunder?

I have no idea what the Mormon pop of Wisconsin is, I only know that region had a lot of Central European immigration - Germans, Poles, etc, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back