The Official Winnie Docker appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
We know what really turned our 2023 season around. It's time...

for pics of what Winnie has been up to, cuddling Cerra, homework with Shoota, stretching with Son Son, and anything else that you think relevant...

hotdog-jpeg.1707258

My boys (Fyfe and Mundy) would love to meet Winnie! Fyfe (in my avatar) can recognise the real Nat Fyfe on tv, and bumps the screen when Fyfey misses.

Who actually 'owns' Winnie?
Winnie was donated by Peppertree Lane breeders out of Albany, one of the best in Western Australia for 'oodles. One of the partnership is a vet and they grow up with dogs and other animals on the property including a pig. They are some of the most well adjusted dogs you will find, particularly for poodle crosses which are known as a crazy breed of dog.

It was arranged by Ange Bain, the head of 'wellness dept/player care/etc.' for Freo and one of the best in the business. Other clubs poo pooed the idea and it has turned out to be a total success by all accounts. She hangs out the club during the days and chills with the players, sit with them, etc. Sat with Shoota as he prepared his notes for the Geelong game while lying on the ground with Winnie sitting quietly next to him.

Club doesn't 'own' Winnie as such who has a Guardian home but she is well and truly part of the Dockers team

Winnie was donated by Peppertree Lane breeders out of Albany, one of the best in Western Australia for 'oodles. One of the partnership is a vet and they grow up with dogs and other animals on the property including a pig. They are some of the most well adjusted dogs you will find, particularly for poodle crosses which are known as a crazy breed of dog.

It was arranged by Ange Bain, the head of 'wellness dept/player care/etc.' for Freo and one of the best in the business. Other clubs poo pooed the idea and it has turned out to be a total success by all accounts. She hangs out the club during the days and chills with the players, sit with them, etc. Sat with Shoota as he prepared his notes for the Geelong game while lying on the ground with Winnie sitting quietly next to him.

Club doesn't 'own' Winnie as such who has a Guardian home but she is well and truly part of the Dockers team
I'm not a fan of the 'oodle' craze because it's come at the detriment of other dog breeds that are also hypoallergenic, like the West Highland Terrier. At least you know what you are getting with a purebred. These designer dogs come with a designer price tag, and make no sense. They have no breed standard, and you see some owners end up with a shedding straight haired dog, because that's always a risk with cross breeds.

A lot of people approach us when we are out with Fyfe and Mundy and ask us about the breed, then seem surprised to find out they don't shed and are also hypoallergenic. I think it was Burke's Backyard that first pushed the idea of 'oodles'.

Fyfe (almost 3) is our office dog. Mundy is only 7 months old, and will most likely join Fyfe when he settles down a bit.

This is David Mundy (Mundy) which is also shown on his registration papers lol
Mundyb.jpeg

Luna, the toy poodle. Best dog ever.
I'd always had "macho" male dogs like staffies & boxers, until the Mrs brought home this little thing & I am smitten.
View attachment 1708523

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I bet you paid less for a pedigree poodle than if it had several other breeds in it? You see a lot of men with Westies - I guess because of Hamish McBeth and the Scotch Whiskey ads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Tim Minchin named his dog after Son Son - thought there would be a Pavlich in our group? I wasn't allowed to name the new puppy Bailey, Jaegar, Andy or Caleb because 'apparently' I jinxed Fyfe.

I met a couple at the Melb Vs Freo game who have a dog named Hogan lol

I bet you paid less for a pedigree poodle than if it had several other breeds in it? You see a lot of men with Westies - I guess because of Hamish McBeth and the Scotch Whiskey ads
She will be 6 in October & only cost the Mrs $1800
I do get a few looks when I walk her, but I swear only one person tried 2 chat me up when I walk her, & that waa a bloke!
Haha.
Probably for the best that the only lady who likes me is my wifey.
Back to the pooch, she has long legs 4 a toy, so we say she is a supermodel
She certainly has a diva attitude around strangers

She will be 6 in October & only cost the Mrs $1800
I do get a few looks when I walk her, but I swear only one person tried 2 chat me up when I walk her, & that waa a bloke!
Haha.
Probably for the best that the only lady who likes me is my wifey.
Back to the pooch, she has long legs 4 a toy, so we say she is a supermodel
She certainly has a diva attitude around strangers

We paid $4,500 for Fyfey at the height of Covid, and paid $400 for him to be flown over from QLD when Clive Palmer couldn't get in. People were paying $7,000 for mixed breeds back then. Fyfe comes from a reputable breeder, with Scottish grandparents, so don't feel ripped off.

Mundy came to us late last year for $5,000 from the same breeder (she doesn't know who the real Fyfe and Mundy are, which makes it even funnier)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back