List Mgmt. The Offseason: Fremantle

What should Fremantle prioritise this off-season?

• Luring a key forward

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Building through the draft

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Adding speed and class on the wings

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Trading for a mobile ruck/forward

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • The Cam McCarthy Trade

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • The Hayden Ballantyne Trade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
There always first , i saw his interview yesterday , he look a bit tire with media, especially basil. Is easy to criticise him , this is his first rebuilding challenge, i hope fan dont put too much pressure on him in 2017, he will make some mistake of going back to dawson and johnson if they still in the list.
When you throw the lamb's to the wolves, it is nice to have a few wolves (experienced players) in your team.

I would hope that at least one of Johnson and Dawson would be part of the back 6 next year.

He has held out players like Suban, de Boer, Mzungu who probably would have improved us this year. Next year a number of experienced players will be gone, so it will be fine line between playing youth and not giving them a fighting chance.

I really hope Fyfe, Bennell, Mundy, Sandi, Johnson play most of the season next year so that we do not put too much pressure on the next group of guys coming through.

Next year I only have Spurr, Sandi, Johnson and Mundy in my best 22 who are above 27 (Stephen Hill is next on 27). I expect another tough year, with things improving rapidly in 2018.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
When you throw the lamb's to the wolves, it is nice to have a few wolves (experienced players) in your team.

I would hope that at least one of Johnson and Dawson would be part of the back 6 next year.

He has held out players like Suban, de Boer, Mzungu who probably would have improved us this year. Next year a number of experienced players will be gone, so it will be fine line between playing youth and not giving them a fighting chance.

I really hope Fyfe, Bennell, Mundy, Sandi, Johnson play most of the season next year so that we do not put too much pressure on the next group of guys coming through.

Next year I only have Spurr and Mundy in my best 22 who are above 27 (Stephen Hill is next on 27). I expect another tough year, with things improving rapidly in 2018.

No love for Sandi and Johnson.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
No love for Sandi and Johnson.
Love them , but when the team depend on them too much it become liability, next gen need to step up especially if they are injured , i would be happy to see somebody like a young sandi or johnson or duffman knocking on the door , this applied to dawson also . One thing is to blame on griff , hannath, dawson and another thing is improve them or find somebody who can be better in a few year time. Of the lots , a.pearce is the kid that gain more experience playing along different type of defender , macca, johnson and dawson. I believe fyfe , neale and bennell will do the same with the next gen of mid next year.

Last edited:

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
Since Travis Cloke wants a trade and Langdon possibly wants to join his brother in Collingwood, maybe a straight swap?
No you must be joking Cloke has had a poor year and he isn't going to get any better

rodney hoo

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
There always first , i saw his interview yesterday , he look a bit tire with media, especially basil. Is easy to criticise him , this is his first rebuilding challenge, i hope fan dont put too much pressure on him in 2017, he will make some mistake of going back to dawson and johnson if they still in the list, but if he estimate 4 year i will give it a four year period. I like to see an improve lyon .

Your a man with heart and patience, I'm not certain I want to wait that long. We have a lot of good to great players that either did not play or barely played this year, I'm not certain Ross is buying a bit of time. Sixth to tenth next year and knocking down the the year after.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Your a man with heart and patience, I'm not certain I want to wait that long. We have a lot of good to great players that either did not play or barely played this year, I'm not certain Ross is buying a bit of time. Sixth to tenth next year and knocking down the the year after.
I think he mentioned 4 year is freo will go to draft rather than getting recycle players , next year 6-10 position can be archive without those recycle player with fyfe ,bennell coming back.

Last edited:
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
I think he mentioned 4 year is freo will go to draft rather than getting recycle players , next year 6-10 position can be achieved without those recycle player with fyfe ,bennell coming back.

I predicted freo will finish anywhere between 5th to 14th.

Top 6 this year was ridiculous. The 6th place side had 16 wins. Back in the 1990s, 16 wins gave you top spot.

Im am curious on who will be our forward line next year.

Back in the 2013 grand final, Walters, Pav, Ballantyne, Mayne, Clarke and Mzungu were the 6 blokes in our forward line. By 2017, walters could be the only one left.

We will bring in some gun teenagers this year. Still think we will get a mature ager late in the draft.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just call me Lance
I don't think so, Adolph.

Can you pick 2 options in the thread poll? We should prioritise recruiting McCarthy & Hill whilst maintaining pick 3 and building through the draft. Just to make things blatantly obvious, as that's the most likely path the club will take.

I think WCE will target Lobb more than we will, given their current ruck situation.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think so, Adolph.

Can you pick 2 options in the thread poll? We should prioritise recruiting McCarthy & Hill whilst maintaining pick 3 and building through the draft. Just to make things blatantly obvious, as that's the most likely path the club will take.

I think WCE will target Lobb more than we will, given their current ruck situation.

Our ruck situation is worst than eagles..life after sandi.

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Our ruck situation is worst than eagles..life after sandi.

He's not really a ruck though. He'd be a terrible 1st ruck if that's the way we used him. More of a CHF/Utility type who can spell your main ruck for 20% of the game.

We're going to have to find a young ruck, either via draft or trade, anyway.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
He's not really a ruck though. He'd be a terrible 1st ruck if that's the way we used him. More of a CHF/Utility type who can spell your main ruck for 20% of the game.

We're going to have to find a young ruck, either via draft or trade, anyway.
All these people that say he would be a terrible ruck don't realise it takes 4-5 years before anyone can become a quality AFL ruck, what do they think English and others would be like, Lobb has a 2 year head start

Back