Sport The Offseason - What other sports do you watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I am hanging out for the cricket and tennis to kick off here. Try to watch as much NFL as I can but it's quite difficult to keep up with

I already miss the footy season.

premier league... watched man city punish utd a few nights ago, but either side saw them capitulate to aston villa and cardiff city. could be a very up and down campaign.

my brother is a huge arsenal fan, so id love to see them do better than the 3–5th they usually manage. they are looking good so far.

looking forward to cook bettering his '10/'11 australian tour this summer as well.

Soccer but I don't usually get to watch many games.
A-league, epl, serie a, la liga, bundesliaga, champions league... All good

Will take some interest in the cricket as its an ashes series, t20 domestic comp is ok too

EPL is my football in the summer as I follow Everton very closely on a week-to-week basis and love watching them play as much as the Cats.
I try to keep up with the NFL every week following the Cardinals (like you Adam456), but I don't have high hopes for this season with our new coach and quaterback and being thrashed last week by the Saints.

No cricket for me as I lost interest years ago.
Soccer but I don't usually get to watch many games.
Did you pick your teams based on their success?

EPL is my football in the summer as I follow Everton very closely on a week-to-week basis and love watching them play as much as the Cats.
I try to keep up with the NFL every week following the Cardinals (like you Adam456), but I don't have high hopes for this season with our new coach and quaterback and being thrashed last week by the Saints.

Well I follow Wolfsburg so no not really... Lol

AC Milan = mum is Essendon and she always followed Milan simply for the colours, dad is juve and I couldn't stand black and white. (Also follow Catania as I have ties there but they have only recently been in the top flight)

Man Utd = Eric cantona, used to watch those abc replay packages late on mon/tues nights? And he was my favourite player.

Plus we are talking 20+ years ago pre cable tv and Internet so it was only really the bigger clubs that got any exposure.

Cry and wait for the AFL season to start.
Nah seriously cricket and NFL for me but really there isn't much of a break when you consider trade and draft week then pre-season stuff.
I also have holidays.

I followed to Cardinals when Benny was playing for them, much more of a Giants fan, does not look good for us either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude on a Cats thread...but if you haven't looked at NHL ice hockey, you're missing something. Best game to watch outside of AFL and Test match cricket.....

premier league... watched man city punish utd a few nights ago, but either side saw them capitulate to aston villa and cardiff city. could be a very up and down campaign.

my brother is a huge arsenal fan, so id love to see them do better than the 3–5th they usually manage. they are looking good so far.

looking forward to cook bettering his '10/'11 australian tour this summer as well.

Hey bro.
EPL for me, I too like Arsenal. Pretty keen on Ajax NL version too.
I follow A League somewhat, and hoping Heart can elevate themselves a little this year.

Bird watching . Plenty of Hawks around at the moment .

I haven't seen any Hawks action outer Eastern burbs, seems they are a little more reserved with their celebrations, a little more circumspect, maybe a touch more relieved than elated.
But the magpies are in force.

I haven't seen any Hawks action outer Eastern burbs, seems they are a little more reserved with their celebrations, a little more circumspect, maybe a touch more relieved than elated.
But the magpies are in force.
Cars with scarfs out of windows , people wearing P&W. Almost as if they enjoy rubbing you nose in it. Its no wonder that some people get a touch displease at their continued success.

Cars with scarfs out of windows , people wearing P&W. Almost as if they enjoy rubbing you nose in it. Its no wonder that some people get a touch displease at their continued success.

Was looking for it, missed it. Saw more B & W after our flags, and that's here in eastern suburbs.
Looks as if I may have escaped the hoopla.

You'll need a TiVo or a TVR for 2 reasons. Makes the game watchable amongst all the adds and breaks in play plus the games are on Friday and Monday mornings our time

I have tivo, setup for a season NFL pass and check it every few days :D
I hope this season I get to see more of the Saints and packers (I'm a Saints fan).
I saw way too much of San Fran last season....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back