The old uniform back (for one game anyway)

Remove this Banner Ad

PHOENIX

Draftee
Mar 16, 2002
Bentley, Western Australia
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Saw in the paper that for the derby the West Coast will be wearing the old jumper. The original one that was the best and we should have kept for all time.

This is only a one off thing I think. But why?? Trev was reported as saying they get a hell of a lot of e-mails asking for a return to this jumper, and most of us think the new ones are utter crap.

Jakovich was reported as saying he grew a foot taller when he pulled it on. Doesn't that mean he shrinks a foot when he puts the awful newer jumpers on?

Hi everyone. This is my first post here and I'm pretty sure there have been a gagillion threads about our crap jumpers. God how I loved our old ones. But I think the timing is right for a new thread with the match on Sunday. I really believe the colours the players wear, the uniform the represent, has a large bearing on the way they play.

Any news on a more permanent switch? Any new thoughts on our uniform situation?

Gday PHOENIX! Good to see another Eagle fan here on BigFooty, the more the merrier!

I'm glad the club is moving back in time to revisit one of our better decisions in wearing the blue and gold jumper. Trevor Nisbett did say that the away jumper would be under review at the end of this season, and if there was a strong public demand, they would consider bringing back our 'jumpers of success'!

For now, I'll enjoy watching the boys run out onto Subiaco Oval on Sunday afternoon in the jumper I consider the West Coast Eagles.

Welcome PHOENIX,
us Coasters are going to rule these boards some day. (how many of us is there now ?)

Good to see the club has finaly listened to it's supporters and giving the old jumpers a run. My feeling was that depending on the poll they've got running on the website, they could start bringing the old jumpers back in this year and wear them more than just the two times they have already announced.

Last check had "yes" at 90%

Originally posted by mentalgrind
Last check had "yes" at 90%

And I'll bet the 10% who voted "no" are little smart arses who think they are being funny by potentially stuffing up the poll. No WCE fan in their right mind would choose the current away jumper over the old traditional one.

Welcome aboard Phoenix!!

I reckon its only a matter of time till the away jumpers are gone, and the traditional ones (or something similar) are brought in to replace them

That day cant come quick enough!!! :)

I read about the guernsey switch in MX over here in Melbourne and it absolutely lit up my face and made my day after a pretty ordinary week.

They even suggested that depending on the reaction from the members we could be reverting back to the old style jumpers.

I for one couldn't be happier to see the back of the dog's breakfast especially after that massive campaign last year to get the club to get rid of it. I emailed the club and got a pretty ordinary response.

If I was going the derby I swear I'd be crying coz I still get stirred watching those grand finals now!!!

Go you mighty Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back