Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thought we could have one in here.

Aussies going well in the pool.

Team GB will still squash you by the end :thumbsu:

Oh I thought this was the football at the Olympics thread, which has been rubbish!

Not sure what our expected medal haul is but 3 in the first day and a half is good going. A GB flop would be nice but they really should be pushing for top 3 with the ruskis largely out of action

Lol we've not won a medal yet. Keep finishing fourth whenever I've been watching.

We've got some pucker swimmer going tonight who is apparently nailed on for gold though.

Those yanks looked and acted like a bunch of frat boys after they had won. I can't stand the modern day American

Judo is dreadful to watch I agree with bluesman. My mate used to go judo back in the 80's. He was around a blue belt and he tried to demonstrate this throw on me. I ended up throwing him to the floor though. I always thought judo was a waste of time after that.

Synchronised swimming ain't even a sport. Been watching a bit of the rowing. Not exactly riveting either

I've been enjoying the first few days.

The good.
  • Won medals early.
  • Enjoyed the basketball so far, doubt the Opals will get anywhere near the US though. They are so stacked. McCaughtrey, Augustus, Taurasi, Fowles, Griner, Bird, Moore... it just goes on and on. Looking forward to Cambage and see how she goes against Griner.
  • Mens basketball has been good also. US dicking it as expected. We could be a sneaky chance for a medal though.
  • Have enjoyed the archery and the shooting. Air rifle and whatever that sport is where they shoot the stuff out of the sky.
  • The swimming of course, except for the fact all the finals are 9-11am in Perth, makes them difficult to catch.
  • The diving is always good, we snuck a Bronze in there the other day. The Chinese are ridiculous.
  • Really enjoyed both road races, a lot of tactics goes on in those things. Made for interesting watching. Shame about the American girl who made a break for it but then got caught by three riders with a mere 200m to go after like 200km and all three went past her and she didnt medal. Hahah, I had to laugh. The Dutch girls who was leading too came off in a nasty crash if you guys havent seen it. It looked awful. Aussies were no chance though.
  • Womens football is quite entertaining cos girls are not athletic or quick and the football pitches are large so there is always tons of space and heaps of chances. So that's entertaining. Shame the Aussies got pegged back right at the death against Germany, should still qualify though.
The Bad.
  • Why is Dressage a thing?
  • Why does Equestrian exist?
  • Why does 7 have to show so much of it?
  • I find water polo boring and kinda pointless. Swim up towards goal, everyone spread out. Pass it about a bit, shoot. Score or dont score. Repeat. Barely any skill or tactics involved as the water slows everything to a halt.
  • Table tennis is hilarious.
  • Womens Rugby 7's is also hilarious. The matches have 7 minute halves?? What the *? Barely any games have been close. +1 for that Aussie chick though who is hot.
  • Cringing at commentators trying to make things exciting like Rowing and Equestrian.
  • The ball boys at the tennis seem to be middle aged people who dont run. It's weird to watch. Plus they dont have linesman everywhere. So for a serve you have two people watching either line and then whoever is on the inside line (middle of the court), once the serve is good and play is under way, they move across to cover the outside line. It's weird and distracting.
  • Say no to fencing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fencing lol. Just not designed to be a spectator sport.

We talk Synchronised Swimming and Judo and Fencing but really it's Dressage that's the worst thing in the entire world.

So you're walking about on a horse. The horse moves slowly on an angle and then you change the pattern of how the horse runs. Then the horse runs or trots along some more, then the horse moves on an angle again. I mean what the *.

I think what also makes it unbearable is that I dont know who is doing well and who isnt. It just looks like one person on a horse walking about after another.

I dont know how to dive and I know nothing about Archery but you can understand whats going on. You can see a good dive. You can watch the arrows hit targets. Even if you hate Basketball, you can understand the game that the players need to get the ball in the goal.

With Dressage im just like..... * OFF.

Although the same can be said of Judo and Sychronised Swimming. I dont know who is winning or who is doing well. Often in Judo someone scores and I didnt even know.

Ugh some "olympic sports" are gash.

Dressage is weird but the other equestrian events are all right.

You would never watch hardly any of these sports except when its the olympics. I do quite enjoy the track cycling I have to say.

Dressage is weird but the other equestrian events are all right.

You would never watch hardly any of these sports except when its the olympics. I do quite enjoy the track cycling I have to say.
I'm just glad the Pommy drug cheat didn't win. Most egregious bit of BS that she didn't get banned. Even her fellow athletes know she's a drug cheat.

We talk Synchronised Swimming and Judo and Fencing but really it's Dressage that's the worst thing in the entire world.

So you're walking about on a horse. The horse moves slowly on an angle and then you change the pattern of how the horse runs. Then the horse runs or trots along some more, then the horse moves on an angle again. I mean what the ****.

I think what also makes it unbearable is that I dont know who is doing well and who isnt. It just looks like one person on a horse walking about after another.

I dont know how to dive and I know nothing about Archery but you can understand whats going on. You can see a good dive. You can watch the arrows hit targets. Even if you hate Basketball, you can understand the game that the players need to get the ball in the goal.

With Dressage im just like..... **** OFF.

Although the same can be said of Judo and Sychronised Swimming. I dont know who is winning or who is doing well. Often in Judo someone scores and I didnt even know.

Ugh some "olympic sports" are gash.
hahahahaha

worlds first ever dressage melt.

Olympics does nothing for me. I will watch a bit of the football and basketball because I like those sports. 7s rugby is not a sport, it's an excuse to go to Hong Kong and drink copious amounts of alcohol away from the missus.

I want to see Anna Meares win again. Shame a pinged hammy meant Sally couldn't defend her crown.

Looking forward to the golf. Yeah yeah I'm on my own there but love the sport.

I do enjoy the Canoe/kayak slalom on the white water rapids. The core strength you'd need for that to manoeuvre around.

hahahahaha

worlds first ever dressage melt.

Olympics does nothing for me. I will watch a bit of the football and basketball because I like those sports. 7s rugby is not a sport, it's an excuse to go to Hong Kong and drink copious amounts of alcohol away from the missus.
Haha seriously Dressage does my head in. I hate it with a passion.

Aussie Rugby 7's girls are into the final. Will play NZ for gold.

The Boomers just backed up their excellent win over France with another great win over Serbia. The US next but apparently France and Serbia are ranked 5th and 6th in the world. So those are big scalps and should cement 2nd spot for us in the group once we get destroyed by the Yanks.

Aussie Rugby 7's girls are into the final. Will play NZ for gold.

The Boomers just backed up their excellent win over France with another great win over Serbia. The US next but apparently France and Serbia are ranked 5th and 6th in the world. So those are big scalps and should cement 2nd spot for us in the group once we get destroyed by the Yanks.
Simmons is such a pussy for not playing. He better not play for the US in 4 years.

Simmons is such a pussy for not playing. He better not play for the US in 4 years.
Would be such a bitch move. He's not even guaranteed to be good enough to make the US squad though.

Surely Thon Maker plays for us too. Sudan are never making the Olympics. So if you add Maker and Simmons to our team, we could really go for Silver.

Would be such a bitch move. He's not even guaranteed to be good enough to make the US squad though.

Surely Thon Maker plays for us too. Sudan are never making the Olympics. So if you add Maker and Simmons to our team, we could really go for Silver.
we really need to develop another guard. hopefully Exum develops into something. Would have been ace if Kyrie elected to play for us.

Kyrie
Mills/Delly/Exum
Ingles
Simmons
Bogut

Maker is still pretty raw. Could come off the bench.

That team could be competitive with Spain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back