ioppolo

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Watched a lot of him for Melbourne City this past season. He isn't a good goalkeeper but had a very good group of defenders in front of him (whom he usually berated when he made a mistake). If he's the best goalkeeper coming through, then God help us.
How's Maynard-Brewer tracking?
Surely several years at Charlton's youth set up has had some benefits?

hey shorty

TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The whole "we shouldn't have left Oceania" argument has started on twitter.

TBH there's pros and cons to being there, and I think it's merely a coincidence that we've been on a downward trend while NZ are in the way up.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins

TBH there's pros and cons to being there, and I think it's merely a coincidence that we've been on a downward trend while NZ are in the way up.
Deff was the right move at the time. But now that the World Cup will go to 48 Nations might turn out to be remote.

NZL might just get the easiest passage to the World Cup. Of course its never as easy as it seems, they’ll still probably have to go through South America lol

ioppolo

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Deff was the right move at the time. But now that the World Cup will go to 48 Nations might turn out to be remote.

NZL might just get the easiest passage to the World Cup. Of course its never as easy as it seems, they’ll still probably have to go through South America lol
Oceania gets 1.5 spots. A Tahiti or Fiji might have to face a Uruguay for a spot but unless NZ choke big time...

2013 confeds cup not withstanding

jhong

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll blame Arnold for selections and tactics , but the players on the park also had a hand in the performance . I now have doubts about the senior team getting to WC but we shall see.

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Oceania gets 1.5 spots. A Tahiti or Fiji might have to face a Uruguay for a spot but unless NZ choke big time...

2013 confeds cup not withstanding
I didn't know that, But that can always change between now and the beginning of the next qualifying period knowing FIFA politics and the influence of West Asian nations. The best thing for FIFA to do before the 2026 qualifying is to dissolve Oceania in to Asia than split Asia in to West/East but again politics always gets in the way.

Last edited:

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

It's a no brainer for me that Australia playing against South Korea, Japan, Iran and probably one day an improving China is going to be better development for us than playing against a bunch of third world countries and then NZ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad