The omen thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea if anyone has posted this or whether I already have, but the Grand Final is on October 1. Last time it was on October 1, guess who won?

lol that is a good one actually.
Strangely enough, only other time a game has been played on October 1st over the last four decades was back in 1994.
Not sure if that's a good omen or not :huh:

At least it was Geelong featuring in the big dance again.

Not much to go on but-

2004 cats lose prelim
2005 cats lose semi final.
2006 cats finish 10th (drew in round 21)
2007 flag

2013 cats lose prelim
2014 cats lose semi
2015 cats finish 10th (drew in round 21)
2016??

This deserves more love.

It is bordering on a little spooky for me (especially 2006 and 2015 with the finishing position and drawn game in round 21).

Nice work.

lol that is a good one actually.
Strangely enough, only other time a game has been played on October 1st over the last four decades was back in 1994.
Not sure if that's a good omen or not :huh:

At least it was Geelong featuring in the big dance again.

I did think about 94. Can remember the cheer squad singing Happy Birthday to Gaz Snr as he walked down to the forward line. Was about the only thing worth remembering about that day.

Not much to go on but-

2004 cats lose prelim
2005 cats lose semi final.
2007 flag

2013 cats lose prelim
2014 cats lose semi
2016??
Easily my favourite omen yet. Omen brother!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much to go on but-

2004 cats lose prelim
2005 cats lose semi
2007 flag

2013 cats lose prelim
2014 cats lose semi
2016??
Spookily awesome.

I did think about 94. Can remember the cheer squad singing Happy Birthday to Gaz Snr as he walked down to the forward line. Was about the only thing worth remembering about that day.
I was there for that and the WCE fans were more vociferous with their singing of this every occasion possible.
Still hate them to this day for spoiling the 1 Oct so annoyingly.
And we were appalling.
Or they were awesome.
Or both.

Saw an omen last Saturday night. Us smashing an opposition similar to what we did in 2011. And there were so many different players compared to that year. What did we do in 2011?

All in a jest guys of course no one is actually to believe these are a precursor of things to come
Bullshit we aren't

I'm booking my grandfinal accommodation in town as we speak!! :D

Havent the thread - bar the last page - so hopefully hasnt been already been mentioned

Heard Shane Ellen ( on Mike Sheahens show last year ) and he said Blight was telling all the Crows players during the week of the GF - that all the omens were favouring the Crows - and one of them he mentioned was that they were wearing white shorts - which apparently is a good omen or lucky

You look at the Cats 3 recent flags - all white shorts - you look at the GF losses in the 90s - i dont think they wore white shorts once - and you go back to the previous GF in 67 - Richmond ( premiers ) wore the white shorts - i dont know what colour shorts Geelong wore in 63 or 51/52

Havent the thread - bar the last page - so hopefully hasnt been already been mentioned

Heard Shane Ellen ( on Mike Sheahens show last year ) and he said Blight was telling all the Crows players during the week of the GF - that all the omens were favouring the Crows - and one of them he mentioned was that they were wearing white shorts - which apparently is a good omen or lucky

You look at the Cats 3 recent flags - all white shorts - you look at the GF losses in the 90s - i dont think they wore white shorts once - and you go back to the previous GF in 67 - Richmond ( premiers ) wore the white shorts - i dont know what colour shorts Geelong wore in 63 or 51/52
Yeah but....Blight is....crazy.....must have had too many concussions...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back