The omen thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2011 we had a huge win last round

In 2011 we got the Hawks first final

But most importantly of all... in 2011 my first child was born
My second was born 5 weeks ago.....

Congrats mate. My first born is 2 weeks old. He hasent seen a cats loss yet (touch wood).
Every time I change his nappy it reminds me of hawthorn colours...

Last edited:
Taking one for the team. Good man.
If we win this year I'm going to be under enormous pressure myself in October from Cat fans!

Congrats mate. My first born is 2 weeks old. He hasent seen a cats loss yet (touch wood).
Every time I change his nappy it reminds me of hawthorn colours...
Well congrats to you as well! At least I know what is coming :D you are learning on the run

Well let's hope you have another 7 or so. You may need a harem. Can you cope?
The missus may have some strong objections, but I'll see if i can at least get plenty of practice in just in case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2011 - QF against Hawthorn on Friday September 9.

2016 - QF against Hawthorn on Friday September 9.
And given we are second on the ladder, if we manage to dispose the Hawks, we will be likely to play our preliminary final on Satruday September 24, same date we defeated West Coast. Then it's October 1.

And given we are second on the ladder, if we manage to dispose the Hawks, we will be likely to play our preliminary final on Satruday September 24, same date we defeated West Coast. Then it's October 1.
Prelim fell on my birthday that year and I watched it at a Walkabout pub in Liverpoool, UK. Had to travel up to Manchester to watch the GF. Both games started around 5am local time. The 2009 GF fell two days after my 18th birthday. 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014 finals all fell before my birthday. The omen? Since 2009, Geelong finals that fall on or just after my birthday are always victories. If we get to the Prelim we're a shoe in for the flag.

The missus may have some strong objections, but I'll see if i can at least get plenty of practice in just in case
You have not got time for bigfooty any more we want Back to Back get to it.

Brett Deledio was playing for Richmond in 2011.

Brett Deledio was playing for Richmond in 2016.

Richmond missed the finals in both years.

Melbourne Storm were minor premiers in 2011.
Melbourne Storm are minor premiers in 2016.
Great, so we were cap cheats in 2011 :D

2011 cats lose 1 game at home to Sydney. Win flag.

2011 cats finish 2nd. Win flag.

2016 cats lose 1 game at home to Sydney..

2016 cats finish 2nd...

2007 - Geelong beat Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 22. Win flag.
2016 - Geelong beat Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 22....

2011 last game of the H&A - we absolutely slaughter our opposition. Go on to win GF.

Smashed Melbourne on their coaches last game for the club in 2011 and just did the same yesterday in 2016

07, 09, 11 Biggy was a trolling buzzkill

2016 Biggy is a trolling buzzkill

fac1c5eaaea9fa4c7241376dcee800bd.jpg

2011 QF
Geelong v Hawks (2v3)

2016 QF
Geelong v Hawks (2v3)
ooh, ooh, It's happening!!!
200.gif

Are bad omens allowed in this thread? I'll put inside spoiler tags for the sake of the superstitious.

David King tipped us, Geelong, to win the flag in the Hun today.

We are screwed.
Great, we're ****ed now!

200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back