The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said PEA goaded him and tried to use that as justification.
He did goad the fans. I wasn’t saying that justified throwing a banana peel at him as a racist retaliation, my point was it was conceivable that he found the peel next to him and threw it out of anger - which is still wrong but less so if there’s no racial intent. When bananas were thrown at players in the bad old days the fans didn’t need provocation to do it. There in lies the difference, but people were ignoring that fact

Not saying the club's racist, but there's a really rotten part of Chelsea's fan base that seem to get pulled up for this sort of stuff a little too often.

Bizarre when you consider the enormous contribution people of other cultures and faiths have made to the club, particularly over the last 20 years.
Chelsea has some of the most racist fans in the world easily.

I reckon all clubs can do is what Chelsea are doing. Make it clear it's not acceptable, ban offenders and try and educate those that are prepared to be educated. Liverpool had a similar run of racist incidents a few years back and it took action from the club to stop it.

Unfortunately there will still be an element of football supporters (from all clubs) that sees nothing wrong with it no matter what you do.

Haha you are right. Should have read th er comments :oops:

Haha yeah I clicked into it after I said that to double check that I'd remembered right.

I was sure there was some streak where Leicester got a bunch of managers sacked.. was Martinez sacked after losing to them as well? Feel like there was something about blue kits. Could be way off.

Dup1o_JX4AIoWuH.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Modric
4. Salah
5. Mbappe
6. Hazard
7. de Bruyne
8. Kane
9. Griezmann
10. Kante